Thread: Hi There

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Hi There

Hi everyone

My name is Chris. Just gotten into il2 clod and currently learning to fly the Hurri . Also interested in learning to fly the bombers.
    Had a quick go online but no one about. When is the server most active.
    Learning the ropes in single player at the mo. Step learning curve but enjoying it .

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Hi There

Hi Zappay and welcome to the forum!

It’s great you got yourself online on the ATAG Server, if only to confirm that all is good to go re logging in. Plus you had a chance to fly around a bit without someone bouncing you.

You will see that there are no set times that this (or any) server is particularly busy. Yesterday the ATAG Server was quite busy (50+ players total) between about 3 pm - 7 pm EDT. Today, a Sunday, the same may well occur. Presently the DD Server is busy; later it could well be the TWC Server - or any of the others. Keep an eye on the Server Status window we maintain on this forum’s main page, then hop in when convenient.

Looking forward to seeing you in the virtual skies. Be sure to have Teamspeak installed; don’t be shy to say hello!

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Thanks.

Got on tonight was a few online. managed to track down a 109 . was behind him for a while he didn't know I was there as I was trying to close in on him. when he did spot me it was over in seconds and he blew my wing off.

So ive been blooded lol . all good fun. knew its not gunna be easy being a noob

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Hello, zappay.

Welcome to our skies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

welcome zappay,

its a jungle out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by zappay View Post
    Hi everyone

My name is Chris. Just gotten into il2 clod and currently learning to fly the Hurri . Also interested in learning to fly the bombers.
    Had a quick go online but no one about. When is the server most active.
    Learning the ropes in single player at the mo. Step learning curve but enjoying it .

Cheers
    Hi Chris......and welcome to the ATAG Forum and servers. The Hurricne is a great fighter and in the hands of some of our best Hurri drivers......Bondi immediately comes to mind......a real killing machine. I have heard some 109 pilots say that they find the Hurri one of the hardest opponents to down.

You are joining us at a very exciting and promising time and if you are into bombers we are all looking forward to learning to fly and crew the Wellington bomber, as part of the shortly expected 'Tobruk' patch to the Cliffs of Dover series.

Great to see you are already getting on line and flying sorties. It's only a question of time before you run into all the salty, gnarled and nobbly characters that make up this very special CLoD Community of ours. Get stuck in and say 'hello,' because they are all very friendly and mad on aviation history like you and me. I am currently away from my computer at the moment and unable to fly but any pilot will be pleased to take you under their wing and shorten that steep learning curve you mention. Stick with it.......you're absolutely right. It's definitely worth it. Good luck and I look forward to meeting you in our CLoD skies on my return. Salute.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    787.59 MB

Siemka!! Pozdro dla wszystkich!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi Zappay

All got to start somewhere . If you can get on TeamSpeak it will speed that learning curve up for sure . Very friendly community we have so please don't hesitate to ask if you need help .

The hurri's a great plane , very dangerous in the right hands , so are all the other types as well . The servers do blow hot and cold but there's always someone about so please hop in when you feel like it .

You are very welcome to join in .

By the way , if you do run into any of the salty, gnarled and nobbly characters , ATAG_Marlow's the worst of the lot so be warned .

Hope to see you soon

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Zappy, and welcome to our community.

Good to see you managed to get online ok.

Any problems, give us a shout either through this forum, or better still on TeamSpeak, and above all,

Have fun

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

11. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I didnt know about the Wellington coming so really looking forward to that. Will the update for it and other updates come via steam now since Clod Blitz ?

Cheers

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hi zappay.

Welcome to the forum and CloD 'Blitz'.

Updates for 'Blitz' will come via Steam.

The Wellington, as a flyable aeroplane, is part of TFS 5.0 which will be the North African map set around Tobruk in 1941. This will need to be purchased through steam, when it is released, if you want to fly the Wellington and the other new and updated aircraft variants.

We are all eagerly awaiting the release of this new campaign and it will be well worth the wait and the cost.

Welcome to the party and have fun.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Hi zappay.

Welcome to the forum and CloD 'Blitz'.

Updates for 'Blitz' will come via Steam.

The Wellington, as a flyable aeroplane, is part of TFS 5.0 which will be the North African map set around Tobruk in 1941. This will need to be purchased through steam, when it is released, if you want to fly the Wellington and the other new and updated aircraft variants.

We are all eagerly awaiting the release of this new campaign and it will be well worth the wait and the cost.

Welcome to the party and have fun.

Oh wow even more and a new map too. thats awesome. Great stuff looking forward to it. Great to see Team Fusion are still developing the game further

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Hello there and welcome to CLOD.

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

16. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Welcome to our community mate.

Have fun, and enjoy years of learning. You will never get bored and meet a stack of new mates along the way.

Cheers,

Pattle

18. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Scones, No.119_Bruv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the Community and Forums zappay...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve too...

Beginners Guide

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums you might want to bag for future reference...

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact spotting is massively important in any flight sim...Seeing that enemy before he sees you is a race you don't want to be second in...Check this link to see if you can tweak your rig any better...

Contact Spotting Test

Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

And finally...Please take the time to have a read of some of the stories of military family adventures by a few of the members of this forum...and maybe share yours with us...~S~

A Tribute to Those Who Served

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

===================================
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

20. Likes zappay, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    830.2 KB

Can't wait to dig in to all this information. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by wkinney View Post
    Can't wait to dig in to all this information. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.
    Welcome to the forum! Feel free to look around and ask any questions that come to mind. Don't worry about searching for hours in the various threads first: just ask away. We're pleased to point you in the right direction, it's what we're here for.

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

23. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by wkinney View Post
    Hi wkinney........welcome to the ATAG Forum and Servers. Great to have you with us!

Yes, you are now part of this group we think of as our flight sim Community but please consider downloading Team Speak3 (it's free!) or discord and join us on comms in multiplayer! That's where Cliffs of Dover really shines. We have comaraderie that is unique, a rip roaring sense of humour, thrills and plenty of spills...... and fun galore! In fact, I think we can brag we're second to none!

As Snapper mentions above, we love to help new sim pilots find their feet in what is quite a complicated sim so ask away if you hit problems. Don't forget to check out the pilot Flashcards that are to be found 'in game' in the main menu under 'Options.' There will be one for your favourite aircraft and for all the other types you will explore down the line! Have fun... and we hope to meet you in our CLoD skies before too long! Good luck...and Salute!

25. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post