Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update.... Today April 5th or....... ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Update.... Today April 5th or....... ?

Last edited by Mysticpuma; Apr-05-2019 at 10:27.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes Rostic, IIJG27Rich, rontaila, \Hawk/, SD_MBen liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.04 MB

Re: Update.... Today April 5th or....... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    That tumbleweed looks like it's on rails! No bounce or drift or anything! Please fix!

4. Likes ATAG_Flare, DRock, danperin, Ekko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Craterman View Post
    That tumbleweed looks like it's on rails! No bounce or drift or anything! Please fix!
    That's just because of a field mod

6. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, DRock, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

North By North West??

8. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We are working on our v4 alpha... which we are hoping to put on Steam and provide to our Beta Testers.

Once we have that we'll release an update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    That's just because of a field mod
    I see what you did there...
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    North By North West??
    Yes me to!
    Cornfields and low flying aircraft!
    A great movie!
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Yes if those young folks here in the forum want to get educated about older classic films for heavens sake check out Alfred Hitchcock's films Rear Window, North By North West, Vertigo, To Catch a Thief, Rope, Life Boat, Psycho hahaha.....on and on. There are many..In Vertigo Jimmy drives an awesome Desoto if there are any Mopar fans here .

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-07-2019 at 13:10.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

...and then watch Mel Brooks' High Anxiety for the real story behind those Hitchcock movies....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

LOL..never saw it. Loved Young Frankenstein though..Lost my copy. I'll have to get another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

LOL..never saw it. Loved Young Frankenstein thought..Lost my copy. I'll have to get another.

Anyway when's the next update?

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

We are finishing getting an alpha ready for testing, and would want the update to show the new planes and stuff. So once the alpha is finished, the update will get put together and released.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Oh...NNNNice. This is going to be some update for sure!

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-16-2019 at 02:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    We are finishing getting an alpha ready for testing, and would want the update to show the new planes and stuff. So once the alpha is finished, the update will get put together and released.
    For v5.00?
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

By the look of my major Reinhard Rat I should have added...Friedrich, who was in charge of ordering cigarettes this month?...They seem a little different somehow.....
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-17-2019 at 14:52.

20. Likes danperin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.48 MB

"We are finishing getting an alpha ready for testing, and would want the update to show the new planes and stuff. So once the alpha is finished, the update will get put together and released."
    Getting an Alpha ready for testing? Well, THAT would certainly be something worth waiting for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

For v5.00?
    Yes. Everything is going well, new planes being added, map progressing, sound additions, music, etc.

However, as is the circumstance sometimes with our Team Members, several of them have had to put down their TF work to focus on real life jobs and family, and because those are key members involved in the compilation process, therefore we are experiencing a bit of a delay in releasing this Alpha/Beta for our Beta Testing group.

So we ask people to be patient, we may have an interim non-official update in the meantime.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I heard this somewhere:

"A man's opinion doesn't mean much until he's had children"

Being single I'm not going to complain one bit.
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-19-2019 at 04:18.

24. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    323.71 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Yes. Everything is going well, new planes being added, map progressing, sound additions, music, etc.

However, as is the circumstance sometimes with our Team Members, several of them have had to put down their TF work to focus on real life jobs and family, and because those are key members involved in the compilation process, therefore we are experiencing a bit of a delay in releasing this Alpha/Beta for our Beta Testing group.

So we ask people to be patient, we may have an interim non-official update in the meantime.

Thanks
    Now this has filled me with the hope I wanted. Maybe I'll finally find a reason to return to CLoD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lythronax View Post
    Now this has filled me with the hope I wanted. Maybe I'll finally find a reason to return to CLoD.
    I think the game as it is is a perfectly good reason

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Yes if those young folks here in the forum want to get educated about older classic films for heavens sake check out Alfred Hitchcock's films Rear Window, North By North West, Vertigo, To Catch a Thief, Rope, Life Boat, Psycho hahaha.....on and on. There are many..In Vertigo Jimmy drives an awesome Desoto if there are any Mopar fans here .

WAY OT I know but after seeing that pic I couldn't resist. We HAD a '57 Chrysler Saratoga when it was brand new & like so many Chrysler products of the late 50's it was a lemon.when it was about a month old my dad & I drove into 'The City"( San Francisco that is...we lived in El Cerrito in the East Bay) and arrived at the intersection on top of Nob Hill ( that looked alot like the one pictured above,) near where all the grand old hotels were located ( also featured prominently in Vertigo.) In the middle of that intersection on a very hot Summer day , it stopped dead and refused to start leaving my Dad & I surrounded by miffed drivers trying to get through that intersection.the story could go on & on but suffice to say it had boiled out all its water & needed to be re-filled before it cooperated & started again...water...not an easy thing to find in that particular part of San Francisco.It was the just the beginning of endless not so fun 'issues' that that product of Detroit heavy iron engineering put us through.It was a happy day when the office lease of that car ran out.Several years later we tried Chrysler again ...this time a '63 and it was a beauty until I rolled & totalled it on Wildcat Canyon road at about 100 MPH before I got my drivers license...but that's another story...
    2015-08-18-12.51.39-900x560_8491.jpg

28. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Jawohl

Last edited by Vlerkies; Apr-29-2019 at 14:52.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

30. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    WAY OT I know but after seeing that pic I couldn't resist. We HAD a '57 Chrysler Saratoga when it was brand new & like so many Chrysler products of the late 50's it was a lemon.when it was about a month old my dad & I drove into 'The City"( San Francisco that is...we lived in El Cerrito in the East Bay) and arrived at the intersection on top of Nob Hill ( that looked alot like the one pictured above,) near where all the grand old hotels were located ( also featured prominently in Vertigo.) In the middle of that intersection on a very hot Summer day , it stopped dead and refused to start leaving my Dad & I surrounded by miffed drivers trying to get through that intersection.the story could go on & on but suffice to say it had boiled out all its water & needed to be re-filled before it cooperated & started again...water...not an easy thing to find in that particular part of San Francisco.It was the just the beginning of endless not so fun 'issues' that that product of Detroit heavy iron engineering put us through.It was a happy day when the office lease of that car ran out.Several years later we tried Chrysler again ...this time a '63 and it was a beauty until I rolled & totalled it on Wildcat Canyon road at about 100 MPH before I got my drivers license...but that's another story...

I love car stories

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I love car stories..My brother had one of those, very nice car ..convertable..Also had a 69 Super Bee he bought for $200 in 1974. The idiot got rid of it in two weeks. Now the same car is worth $70,000 in nice shape..I could go on and on about the cars he had and has no more but it will make me ill.
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-30-2019 at 16:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

More Ot -Both the '62 and the '63 shared the same space age dash board & my it was pretty...Girls just loved the iridescent blue green glow when we parked up on Grizzly Peak blvd. in the hills of Berkeley...IMG_6418-678x381.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

More Ot -Both the '62 and the '63 shared the same space age dash board & my it was pretty...Girls just loved the iridescent blue green glow when we parked up on Grizzly Peak blvd. in the hills of Berkeley...IMG_6418-678x381.jpg
    I think Jay Leno calls it the Jukebox machine look

Very cool..1960 Chrysler 300 with a stock 4 speed 125 mph...funny

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-30-2019 at 21:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

A lot of 60's American cars with their huge engines and huge torque could easily get up over 120 mph/200 kmh... the problem was their soft suspensions, high centers of gravity, poor geometry and crap bias ply tires were completely unsuited to doing so... they lurched over whenever you took a corner at those speeds, and there was serious understeer... which had to be countered by oversteer by power... which most drivers had no idea of how to apply. That was the reason for the huge number of traffic fatalities in the '60's and early '70's.

When I was 18, I had a '58 Chev with a retro fitted rebuilt 409 cubic inch big block, (stock engine was a 348) and it had just horrible handling... car was way overpowered for the suspension... in addition the leaf springs were jacked up to allow fat tires in the rear... probably just a matter of time till I killed myself. I was probably fortunate that a friend of mine blew out the transmission when I loaned it to him. (the body was nothing special with mismatched paint on the doors and dents on the front fender, bought it for $350 so it was no real loss) Another friend of mine told me he was never so scared in his life when he was aboard when I raced it along a mountain hiway here in BC. If you look up the Beach Boys song "My 409"... thats about that engine. I could pin the speedo easily in a straight line. (it only went to 120) If you remember Ron Howard's car, (the nice guy in "American Grafitti") I had a beat up version of his car. (Howard car below)

36. Likes IIJG27Rich, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Now a days fortunatly we have all these bolt on goodies to make old cars handle better..The hotchkis stuff for my car is about $3500 I think.

https://www.hotchkis.net/
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; May-01-2019 at 10:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Love the look of old American cars.

Never driven one... but heard plenty about how god awful the handling is... looks to die for though !!

For my lot... I drive a Spitfire. Cos I'm about as cool as it gets.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Love the look of old American cars.

Never driven one... but heard plenty about how god awful the handling is... looks to die for though !!

For my lot... I drive a Spitfire. Cos I'm about as cool as it gets.
    All depends on what one you have really..This one that I have isn't really bad at all. It's 1000 pounds lighter than a new Challenger has a small block V8 318 but there is a 340 small block I have that's going in it. They are like comparing day and night as far as get up and go goes but this car handles pretty well for something as old as it is. Plus you can stash a few bodies in the trunk..No computers no nothin..Fuel pump costs 45 dollars and changes in about 15 minutes...Loves the gas...These are one of the two types they race in the Hemi Challenge Races. Either Hemi Darts or Hemi Baracudas. Lot's of fun to watch. All naturally asperated engines no nitrous oxide or anything like that.

16965154399_e340e621e3_b.jpg

I'll stop now...Not a Mopar forum after all.
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; May-01-2019 at 15:25.

40. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast