View Poll Results: What type of joystick do I use?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I fly with a stock Joystick

17 65.38%
  • I fly with an extended shaft joystick

9 34.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock vs mod joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Re: Stock vs mod joystick

Sounds like im going to have to try this test now. im also very curious .

Look in to the TF divice link too Noofy. ive got my instruments on a second monitor now. Much easier for navigation .
    was easy to set up too. Just need a spare display and a few downloads from here and away you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by zappay View Post
    Look in to the TF divice link too Noofy. ive got my instruments on a second monitor now. Much easier for navigation .
    was easy to set up too. Just need a spare display and a few downloads from here and away you go.
    Yes, I have Virtualcockpit installed and running. It does help, but I ama slo happy by looking at the instruments in the cockpit. I have a key mapped to “glance at cockpit” which zooms on it and freezes it (i.e. the image does not move with TrackIR which makes it easier to read).

But true that when flying in formation it is always better to have the precise numbers (ATA, RPM, course, altitude, %throttle, etc.) detailed to be make it easier to adapt speed etc. So I keep virtualcockpit for these occasions.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

3. Likes zappay liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Even though I have a floor mount joystick and the shorter extension described above, I've been thinking of doing a DIY build for fun. I came across this Schedule 40 electrical PVC conduit at the Home Depot and I could see a easy, cheap build using this material.

joystick12.jpg

5. Likes zappay, Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Czech6 View Post
    Even though I have a floor mount joystick and the shorter extension described above, I've been thinking of doing a DIY build for fun. I came across this Schedule 40 electrical PVC conduit at the Home Depot and I could see a easy, cheap build using this material.

joystick12.jpg
    With a heat gun and some sand you can bend PVC pipes in any shape you want.

https://youtu.be/AYTFDkX7s24
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Czech6 View Post
    Hi Noofy,

I have a 200mm extension on a T-50 base using my Warthog grip. Also have Crosswind pedals. Using the extension has been like the difference between night and day. I get much more precision sim control movements which, combined with the precision of the pedals, allows me to get sights on very accurately. No bobbing around trying to hold the sights on the target. Needless to say it makes more precise the movements at slow speeds around the landing flare where before I might overcorrect and botch it. I've also noticed in videos by others that pulling the trigger sometimes pulls their sights off target, probably because the slight pull on the stick creates too much sim control movement. I would never go back to a short stick.
    This is my setup too. But with Slaw pedals.

Though I still fly like a broken kite flapping about behind a loose notion of how I imagine sky travel works.

Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-21-2019 at 21:52.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

8. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Or invest $15.00 in the Pipe Viper and bend PVC all day long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WImp3QQTuG8

10. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12