Thread: Hello from another newbie

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello from another newbie

First of all i wish to thanks everyone for their help, i put a thread in on Discussions on being a newbie that needed help! and wow really impressed with the response I've had, not being a person of great skill when coming to a flight sim, i am hoping to get to a reasonable level as quick as i can!, and having help from Marlow it looks like i might be able to learn and enjoy this game which i really wish to do.

Never been a great fan of Multiplayer which might surprise some of you i am quite looking forward to it now, although I've along way to go yet, as never used a joystick or tackled a real fight sim like this it could be a while. Any how thanks to all that have helped me so far once my joy stick arrives ill be attempting to fly. Really like this site and i am glad that this game/sim has the backing of enthusiastic people and a Gaming Team like fusion etc that's willing to keep improving this game (please continue to do so), really cant wait to see for myself what this game/sim is like. all the best to you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Hello from another newbie

Good man, DB!

Yes, there is a lot to learn but you've made a great start and we have to remember .....'a Spitfire wasn't built in a day!' (Although a Wellington was...once....but that's another story! Ha ha!) You have Team Speak sorted and that's a big obstacle out of the way and a huge 'plus' in your arsenal! Have fun looking at Sconesy's Flashcard and learn those 'taps' because ATAG_Snapper won't let you take off solo until you have them all off pat! Ha ha!

I'll try and get 'on' a little later so we can 'crack on' a little bit! Have fun...and Salute!

3. Likes ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Kulea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Well said, DB.

This is a fantastic community! Marlow has helped me many times, he's a man of unstinting assistance and dedication.

Hope to see you in the skies, DB.

5. Likes ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Nice one DB

I am sure Marlow will get you up and flying with the rest of us once your joystick arrives. He's a stirling chap is Marlow

Welcome to your new addiction

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

7. Likes ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Last night was a crackin' night of training, DB, and to see you land your Hurricane FIRST TIME........ with so soft a touchdown that you didn't even disturb your side-parting was AWESOME! Most of us 'bent' a few aircraft the first time we tried a landing. This man will have the DFC within a month, I reckon!

Keep up the good work, DB! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Absolutely DB46!

Welcome to the group! TFS has got Cliffs of Dover pretty dang past the shape it was intended to be back in the day when Maddox and his chaps left Cliffs for the shiny thing that is Battle of Stalingrad
    I understand why they did it, but we are greatfull to have TFS, as there has not been a solid British/German sim of IL2's quality before to my knowledge. Honestly Cliffs has been the definitive line in IL2's change over to ultimate realism.
    (edit to note here that Maddox was kind enough to hand TFS the source code to the entire sim, so now they have been able to create update 5.0, and providing a path into the future. So hats off to him for that one )

Anywho, fantastic to have you with us! A couple of lessons on the basics of how planes fly, and you can fly near anything, except some of them German thingy's have some rather complex engine procedures

As for myself I had been under the radar until about a year ago. I just switch the sim into full realistic engine control, got myself an online checklist, and taught myself how to fly a Hurricane without it spewing all that white stuff everywhere.
    I would say the two main learning curves are A. Flight Theory, and B. Engine Management. But don't worry, all good fun, and can be quite easy to pick up too.
    However I too takeoff once in a while with my radiator still closed and have to land after busting my water bucket

Have fun, the chaps here are pretty great! Don't forget to drop in to one of our events such as the Tiger Moth comp, it is a great opportunity to get together with the lads!

Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Apr-17-2019 at 01:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Hey DB46,

So did I witness your first successful take off at Shoreham yesterday?

Well done to Marlow for helping yet another new pilot comes to grips with flying their favourite aircraft.

My first foray also involved Marlow. Winged up with The great man, flew to Calais, spotted a poor Stuka.

Let's get stuck in he said. When an ace tells you to do something, well, we got stuck in alright.

Stuck in our cockpits 10 foot under water water with that Stuka flying over head most pleased with his two kills!

Still makes me laugh!

Good times

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Hey DB46,

Well done to Marlow for helping yet another new pilot comes to grips with flying their favourite aircraft.

My first foray also involved Marlow. Winged up with The great man, flew to Calais, spotted a poor Stuka.

Let's get stuck in he said. When an ace tells you to do something, well, we got stuck in alright.

Stuck in our cockpits 10 foot under water water with that Stuka flying over head most pleased with his two kills!

Still makes me laugh!

Good times

Pattle
    BWAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH! If only it wasn't true....but it was! Ha ha! So I have to claim credit for showing Pat how to die with 'stiff upper lip' firmly in place!

Ha ha! No, I've never forgotten either, Pat! Salute!

12. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Hey DB46,

Still makes me laugh!

Good times

Pattle

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

14. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knight View Post

.....and that's quite enough of that, Knighty....or you'll be right off Big Hilda's doughnut list!!!!!!!! Ha ha! Salute!

16. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Laser liked this post