Thread: Me110 and He111 if not others engines failing soon after join flight

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Me110 and He111 if not others engines failing soon after join flight

Hi,
    4.312 Blitz
    I didnt have this happening last time I flew test flight. 2 months or so ago.
    Why is this happening when I havent made any changes ?
    I am in full mission builder, I open my test flight mission 110c, and rattling sounds flames from exhausts etc 30 secs or so after the sim starts (I am already in air by the way, I start in air)

same for He111,

109 didnt do it though.

I dont want to be fiddling about with engine controls, I am skinning not gaming as such with this flight, so what is happening and why this flight and not previous, I have not altered anything.
    What settings to let me not have to bother about controlling engine as I have never had to do so so far. I want engine management rad management etc auto ! or newbie mode etc.

69th_Zeb had said hit D P for decrease prop pitch else engines will burn up, 110 was about 10to 2 so I tried that until at 12oclock but I have even more flame and earlier demise.

I dont see how I can be having this when I dont ever alter engine settings, just fly and test colours etc, what has changed ?

Cheers

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Apr-20-2019 at 13:58.

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: Me110 and He111 if not others engines failing soon after join flight

Sounds like some Realism options were reset.

After hitting 'Play mission' from the FMB, hit the Back button, then Options, Realism. Under 'Engines' is where you may want to switch some off.

No idea what could cause these to change - although, every now and then I hear of people who's settings have been reset, but that mostly is related to controllers.

Good luck, have fun!

4. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Use the Bf110 C-7, it has auto pitch control. You are over-revving your engines.

For the He111 don't exceed 2200 rpm.

6. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Some good words from Oskar and DD.

Generally with red planes it is just keep radiator open past half way, monitor rads accordingly and don't do anything ridiculous to put exceeding stress-by-speed on the engine. The general principal is the same for any plane, it is just a matter of how much the systems made for the craft manage things by themselves. Frankly I like the simple nature of the British craft, less to go wrong

With the 109 it has a form of automatic prop pitching, so there is less that is required to manage the engine/radiator temperatures. However your issue in particular sounds like you do need to take a look at the realism options on the main menu screen.
    look around and go into the realism options, on the main menu, de-select "complex engine management."
    This should solve all your worries!

8. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Hey mate you said 4.312 Blitz at the beginning, but I believe Blitz is 4.5 and up? Maybe make sure that's not your problem.