Thread: Hello

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    482.65 MB

Hello

Hello all, i'm old pilot of IL2 (UP3 - HSFX - Stock) and at this moment do not have IL2 CLOD but i wil buy soon after visit this community, great works!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Re: Hello

Now is a good time to buy Rex and welcome aboard sir much to learn but as an old simmer you will catch on quick. I will put a post for you to read through when you get your sim just click on https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=5058&p=52711 and get started Lots to read and learn and everyone here is great at helping also download and install teamspeak you can find the connect to teamspeak on the sidebar of this forum and you will be well on your way <S> TWC_Fatal_Error
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Welcome mate.

I guarantee you will be amazed how Cliffs long and plays. You are in for a real treat.

The learning curve is a bit steep, but the rewards for hanging in their are well worth it.

Download Teamspeak as well, as you will be able to speak to other players. Very handing when you have questions.

Cheers,

Pattle

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    482.65 MB

Thank's all, i will check the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Ah yes, many, many hours in both UtraPack and HSFX. Great mods for Il21946. I do miss flying the Hellcat and Corsair off (and back onto) carriers. But CloD will enthral u every bit as much with it's superb graphics, flight models and a stunning re-creation of SE England and NW France. Don't be afraid to get into multiplayer and join in on TeamSpeak. It will help shorten the learning curve a lot. Welcome.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Ah yes, many, many hours in both UtraPack and HSFX. Great mods for Il21946. I do miss flying the Hellcat and Corsair off (and back onto) carriers. But CloD will enthral u every bit as much with it's superb graphics, flight models and a stunning re-creation of SE England and NW France. Don't be afraid to get into multiplayer and join in on TeamSpeak. It will help shorten the learning curve a lot. Welcome.
    Hi ABX_Rex

What ATAG_Torian said and heaps more besides and TeamSpeak will really enhance your enjoyment and help you get the best out of CLoD .

Welcome aboard

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

7. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Welcome Rex!

Good to have you on board!
    The first WWII flight sim I flew was IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

After that epic I was greatly excited to see a review of Cliffs of Dover in an edition of PC Pilot magazine

Ended up picking it up a few years later, got the first Maddox update, relatively unplayable, then found Team Fusion. Got things working without a single white flash of strangeness
    Thanks to their work I am now able to run the thing with great graphics settings on a PC with an Intel Integrated card

Great to have you with us, enjoy flying and chatting!

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Welcome

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

10. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ABX_Rex View Post
    Hello all, i'm old pilot of IL2 (UP3 - HSFX - Stock) and at this moment do not have IL2 CLOD but i wil buy soon after visit this community, great works!!
    Hi ABX_Rex........and 'welcome' to the ATAG Forum and Servers. You'll find masses of information on this site that will make installing the sim far easier. I particularly draw your attention to ATAG_Lewis' world famous 'Welcome Post' that can be found on the posts made in this Welcome thread. Have a 'good gander' and by the time you buy 'Cliffs of Dover' you will be 'up to speed!'

Cliffs of Dover is incredibly cheap for the little jewel that it is. You will not regret buying it. We are all mad keen on aircraft of the Second World War period here and for us, it is our 'go to' flight sim, with an outstanding reputation for realism and historical fact. It is rivetingly exciting! And no need to use the adjective 'old' because most of us here are 'of a certain age' but we're all very young at heart! Your in good company and will fit right in.

I use a very ancient Microsoft Sidewinder II stick, without force feedback and it's still going strong after, at least, 25 years. I'll probably fly it into the ground! Good luck with your own 'set up' and do keep us 'up to speed' with how you get on. I look forward to meeting you in our virtual skies very soon. Salute!

12. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    482.65 MB

I bught IL2Clod-blitz yesterday, and i confirm all your words and posts about it: VERY GREAT SIM! Now is the time to read your post, learn and spent some hours on these beautiful Spit, Hurry & company... see you soon online i hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

I bught IL2Clod-blitz yesterday, and i confirm all your words and posts about it: VERY GREAT SIM! Now is the time to read your post, learn and spent some hours on these beautiful Spit, Hurry & company... see you soon online i hope.
    Hi ABX_Rex

Great to see you've acquired Blitz and that you like it . If you need any assistance you've only got to shout "HELP!" and help will arrive

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    482.65 MB

Many thank's for your availability. By now it working perfect, just a small and reasonable adjustment of the graphics due to my slow PC. In the near future, however, I have planned to change the processor and video card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    293.36 MB

I cannot wait to meet you in the skys!

17. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

That's great, Rex! It's going to get really exciting for you from now on.

Don't forget, as you can guess from the number of replies to your first post, we have a first class Community of enthusiastic sim pilots here, all of whom are ready and willing to help you out in any difficulties or simply to share the fun by 'winging up.' There are also a lot of Italian Pilots who love to fly the G50 and they would welcome your help, I'm sure.
    Look out for the Italian Stallions on Team Speak. Their egos may be a little over-rated but their piloting skills are not! Good luck and hope to meet you in our CloD Skies soon. Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi ABX_Rex, and welcome to Cliffs of Dover Blitz and our community here at ATAG.

Glad to hear that you have taken the plunge and installed the sim, and that you are impressed with it so far.

Any problems you might have then don't hesitate to ask for help here on this forum, or better still on Teamspeak. It's the best and most direct way to communicate.

Hope to see you online soon.

Good luck, and above all else.. Have fun!!

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

20. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Test post from MaximuxDickus

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MaximuxDickus View Post

You've passed the Test Post...test.

Hope you find some files that are helpful. Don’t hesitate to come back here with any questions.

BTW, Mrs Snapper is still chuckling over your nickname. And she doesn’t chuckle very much, lemme tell ya!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

23. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by MaximuxDickus View Post
    Reminds me of this sketch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

25. Likes ATAG_Knight, DOWNEAST liked this post