Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    What exactly is a "Spitfire Mk I with de Havilland airscrew", and is this this good news or bad news for the G50s?
    The De Havilland prop was manufactured as both a two-pitch and a constant speed unit. In the game currently, it is only represented as the two-pitch variant, as the 'Spit mkI' (87 octane) and the 'Spit mkI (100)'. The mkIa, mkIa (100) and mkIIa are the Rotol constant speed variants.

The mkI and mkI 100 represent 'pre-BoB' spitfires. By the 'start' of the BoB most, if not all Spitfires and Hurricanes were either using the De Havilland constant speed or Rotol constant speed units.

So no Noofy, no need to worry about them... The Beau on the other hand...
    Last edited by Biggs; Aug-13-2019 at 16:13.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.24 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Sure!
    They will be available on all red home bases in about 2.5 hours from like now...
    Thanks for fast reply, I don't want to be annoying, but Spitfire I (100 octane) is still unavailable :E

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    156.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dupxo View Post
    Thanks for fast reply, I don't want to be annoying, but Spitfire I (100 octane) is still unavailable :E
    Is it really? It clearly shows I have no idea what Spitfire models have that prop type
    Now added - will be there in three hours from now ...
    Happy Member of the DangerDogz ...

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dupxo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    112.46 MB

I surely would like to dive into them stutters that are to be caused by AI formations jumping in.
    As - well, I do not see them, do not experience them that way. How can you tell they are related? There's no message popping up there are raids spawning in are there?
    We (or I) know this because, we can spawn in bomber atacks on ATAG in radio menu, while they spawn in, they are announced in big letters that they were spawned in.
    Seeing stutters at the same time confirms that it is caused by it.

Also we see players planes stutter, when they Alt-F2 from the crew seat or switches from one crewseat to another crewseat - means an AI will take it's seat back.
    No stutter is caused if player takes over a crew seat while not obtaining another crew seat, as the player still obtains the pilot seat.
    However you only see the related plane stutter while others don't stutter.
    Afterall clearly stutters are caused by AI on player planes, aswell as on all the other planes, when big AI formation spawns in.

I still see planes jumping to different positions. Or I don't hear shots hitting me often because of the lag, but this is present in ATAG aswell as this might be related to the ping.
    The laggier it is the more pronounced this laggy sound is.

Only if the clients game see the bullets that appear on his screen hit his plane will make the impact sound.
    If they would make it in battlefield stile or other games, you would hear a multiple hit sound at the same time, making it seem you only got hit once, but die instantly. I think this is not a well solution aswell.
    However there might be only these two ways. Or maybe try to make the impact sound afterwards and display the hit sounds seperated to make it sound legit.
    But that's not in the hands of the server operators.

No Idea why planes stuck midair though, whish you can find the solution for that, it's quite annoying.

6. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    156.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    We (or I) know this because, we can spawn in bomber atacks on ATAG in radio menu, while they spawn in, they are announced in big letters that they were spawned in.
    Seeing stutters at the same time confirms that it is caused by it.

Also we see players planes stutter, when they Alt-F2 from the crew seat or switches from one crewseat to another crewseat - means an AI will take it's seat back.
    No stutter is caused if player takes over a crew seat while not obtaining another crew seat, as the player still obtains the pilot seat.
    However you only see the related plane stutter while others don't stutter.
    Afterall clearly stutters are caused by AI on player planes, aswell as on all the other planes, when big AI formation spawns in.

I still see planes jumping to different positions. Or I don't hear shots hitting me often because of the lag, but this is present in ATAG aswell as this might be related to the ping.
    The laggier it is the more pronounced this laggy sound is.

Only if the clients game see the bullets that appear on his screen hit his plane will make the impact sound.
    If they would make it in battlefield stile or other games, you would hear a multiple hit sound at the same time, making it seem you only got hit once, but die instantly. I think this is not a well solution aswell.
    However there might be only these two ways. Or maybe try to make the impact sound afterwards and display the hit sounds seperated to make it sound legit.
    But that's not in the hands of the server operators.

No Idea why planes stuck midair though, whish you can find the solution for that, it's quite annoying.
    Thanks for that ... I am not sure what I can do to improve stuff, but will try.
    For now I have set the removal of AI a/c after landing to a time out of 2 seconds: Previously this was 2 minutes.
    Hopefully this will those a/c stuck midair disappear within 2 seconds...
    (This change will be active in about three hours from now)

8. Likes Tibsun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    112.46 MB

I would suggest to try an kind of emtpy "mission" no ai and add additional server settings one by one like despawn scripts or alike to see which on of it is causing the problem.
    Then maybe ATAG mission creators can help out with their despawn scripts or whatever they do to make a good server.

Oh maybe that's the cause:
    As I know, usually if someone jumps out of their plane, their plane get's taken over by a "dummy AI" which will then make it crash to ground.
    Usually whenever the player took the parachute or abdoned the plane and it crashes to ground it says AI plane crashed and AI died.
    Never liked that it says AI instead of the last player name that used this plane seems like this is a workaround to make the plane crash to ground.

One of my biggest wish would be like that TFS would remove the workaround dummy AI and make the plane just dead stick with the last input crash instead.
    Having empty pilot seat but plane linked to the last Pilot Player to see the real name of the shot down plane.
    Funny enough to have a AI Pilot die when the actual Pilot took the chute.

Even though I don't really enjoy AI (only sometimes shooting bombers) and having everybody on this server, I still support different server options for players on CloD and I highly appreciate your open mind to make your server a better place.
    So thanks for your effort
    Last edited by Tibsun; Aug-17-2019 at 11:03.

10. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    605.32 MB

Hopefully this will [make] those a/c stuck midair disappear within 2 seconds...
    yesss! No more Meep-Meep Beaufighter hanging there for ages
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.0 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    156.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    yesss! No more Meep-Meep Beaufighter hanging there for ages
    Well, the "fix" of August 17th did not work.
    Changed some other bit of code to see if that will help Will be active in about 2.5 hours from now.
    (Not easy to test this one though)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    156.73 MB

Reverted that latest change, as that resulted in your a/c disappearing once you've baled out... In my opinion that's worse than the every now and then occurrence of an empty a/c stuck in the air for 60 seconds. Could be just me though... what's the better option?

14. Likes Tibsun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    112.46 MB

Actuall not sure, both is quite bad.

I just noticed I didn't complete my though above. It looks like if theres no AI spawned into an abdoned plane, which would make the plane being damaged and crash to ground. It seems to be missing. Not sure how ATAG is doing that.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    605.32 MB

One of the problems of the plane stuck in the air variant is the risk of collision when you closely follow someone who bails out. Happens often in dogfights...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.0 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123