Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Abandoned planes at airfields seem to be cleaned up much quicker. Thanks DD_FT!

2. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both servers are now updated to .020

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Can you please add the Bf 109 E-7/N trop to the tobruk server?

Thanks in advance!

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    Can you please add the Bf 109 E-7/N trop to the tobruk server?

Thanks in advance!

Done!

6. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Today I spent some time in CloD, flying 110, Blenheim and Hurricane. It had been a while since I did that.
    (Most of my CloD time was spent on tuning the servers, and the missions running on it.)

The experience today was a huge disappointment to me.

Not because of the FM or DM or peeps online. No, that all was good, fine and nice. Especially them peeps online...

It is this sound thing that ruins it for me.

Ever since the FMOD was introduced and real 5.1 was gone, CloD is no fun for me anymore. (you can read my rant about it here)

Now as it appears I was the only DangerDogz member still CloD-ding around.

And as I quit, it will mean the end for the DangerDogz Bob server, and the DangerDogz Tobruk server.
    They will be shutdown, as there's no one around to maintain them ...

Believe me, it hurts me to do this, to have to announce this.

No Fun

A Big Thanks to all of you who made suggestions, reports and comments to keep these servers alive and running, and to improve them ... it's been good ... thank you

Salute!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Today I spent some time in CloD, flying 110, Blenheim and Hurricane. It had been a while since I did that.
    (Most of my CloD time was spent on tuning the servers, and the missions running on it.)

Not because of the FM or DM or peeps online. No, that all was good, fine and nice. Especially them peeps online...

Ever since the FMOD was introduced and real 5.1 was gone, CloD is no fun for me anymore. (you can read my rant about it here)

And as I quit, it will mean the end for the DangerDogz Bob server, and the DangerDogz Tobruk server.

No Fun

A Big Thanks to all of you who made suggestions, reports and comments to keep these servers alive and running, and to improve them ... it's been good ... thank you

Salute!

Any chance of getting your server scripts?
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

That's a real pity...I haven't well understood why CloD is no fun for you anymore ( Are you quitting it because you don't like the sound? ) and I hope that maybe you could reconsider your decision.
    On the servers hosted by you we got tons of fun, so, whatever will be your final decision, thank you very much for having hosted them for all this time!

It was a blast!!!

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

No Fun

Salute!
    Sorry to hear this. Thanks for providing the servers. They were good fun for instant action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I'm also sorry to hear this news FT. Thanks for the years you guys had your server/s running. They provided a lot of fun to many people.

Hopefully will will see them back at some point in the future.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Just what Pattle said.

It's a pity, but thank you for running the servers so long.

S!

DerDa

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    Any chance of getting your server scripts?
    The mission files used are attached to this post!

Not much scripting was active on the server, only Rearm and Refuel, and a few lines that would attempt to remove crashed AI aircraft.

The missions itself are basically dogfight maps, with static objects, and some ships, and spawn points.
    A set of some 200 smaller sub-missions was in use, those have all the AI flights in them.
    There was a special program that would randomly load these sub-mission into the server, thus adding AI flights.
    That special program I will not share, as it was homebuilt, it's not perfect and I cannot support it.
    (One will need to write some code to have the sub-missions loaded into the running server - I have seen examples of that code, it is possible.)

Salute!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

*snip* didnt read the above post, my apologies
    Last edited by Black034; May-13-2021 at 12:12.
    Turncoat #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Another big 'THANK YOU' for your generosity in keep the DD server running for so long.

It has provided fun and frolics for years for many sim pilots and was a highly valued part of the CLoD 'landscape' and none of us want to see it go. (Where will the 'Danger Dog Demon' Nogin, fly now?)

I'm sure we all hope that one day the situation will improve so that the server might return but...... in the meantime....thank you once again! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Thanks for the server it was pure gold.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Black034 View Post
    Is it possible to tone down the flak near Tobruk just a tad? Heard a lot of people complain about this, would like to hear your stance on this

Sorry, cannot do this - please read a few post above this one ...

18. Likes Black034 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

So very sorry to see the DD_ servers go, FT. Thanks to you and your squadmates, the DD_ servers were very popular amongst new players and veterans alike. Hopefully you will remain on this forum as your presence and contributions are highly valued here, and it’s always a pleasure to interact with you.

Cheers and warmest regards from your ATAG brothers.

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

No Fun

Salute!

Hello DD-FT, this year my dog died, I had surgery on my right hand and can't even operate a joystick, and now this! I never paid a penny to use you're server/s so I can not even think about suggesting to you what to do. I always marveled at your dedication to keeping both servers running at all hours of the day so I am just going to say thank you very much for your time, and this time I am going to do it, I am going to get some funding headed to the DD efforts. S~

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sorry, cannot do this - please read a few post above this one ...
    Aww sorry to hear this news, DD was always great fun wish you the best for the future!
    Turncoat #1

22. Likes DD_FT, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    Hello DD-FT, this year my dog died, I had surgery on my right hand and can't even operate a joystick, and now this! I never paid a penny to use you're server/s so I can not even think about suggesting to you what to do. I always marveled at your dedication to keeping both servers running at all hours of the day so I am just going to say thank you very much for your time, and this time I am going to do it, I am going to get some funding headed to the DD efforts. S~
    Thanks very much Little Bill! Very generous of you, it's being appreciated!

Sorry to hear about all that stuff you are dealing with at the moment. And sorry to have added more misery even

Hope it'll all be improving for you soon!

24. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

What a shame, this is a great loss for the community and servers will be sorely missed. God knows that there are few enough servers as it is.

26. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Sorry to see the DD servers go . They've been part of the 'servers list' for so long and were very popular with many online users .

Thanks for all your past effort's and I hope to see their return one day .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A shame. They were, especially DD Tobruk, good servers for fast actions.
    I had good dogfights there.

29. Likes DD_FT, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

That’s where I learned to fly and dogfight with my G.50.
    The DD servers will be missed big time.
    Thanks FT for all the good time you provided
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

The mission files used are attached to this post!

Not much scripting was active on the server, only Rearm and Refuel, and a few lines that would attempt to remove crashed AI aircraft.

The missions itself are basically dogfight maps, with static objects, and some ships, and spawn points.
    A set of some 200 smaller sub-missions was in use, those have all the AI flights in them.
    There was a special program that would randomly load these sub-mission into the server, thus adding AI flights.
    That special program I will not share, as it was homebuilt, it's not perfect and I cannot support it.
    (One will need to write some code to have the sub-missions loaded into the running server - I have seen examples of that code, it is possible.)

Salute!
    Thank DD_FT! I'm playing around with setting up a server with your files. Just loading stuff manually for now, but I guess I can use AutoHotKey to insert sub-missions...I've used that a bit, and I know Flug has posted some extensive info on using it, so hopefully I'll make some progress. Kudos to you for all these great sub-missions, and thanks for running the servers for so long, i really ejnoyed flying them, and don't want it to end!

Regards,

VCAF_Kendy
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Thanks Kendy, great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Yesterday we got a long fighting session on the server gently hosted by Kendy for the State ( Saying thanks also to DD_FT that kindly provided his mission files! ). It still needs some tweaks here and there but in general, IMHO, it's quite close to be very good as it is now.
    ( Considering/Keeping in mind that this is mostly a training/quick action server )
    Fun, entertaining, exciting and challenging at times...In a word..It was a blast!
    It was ages I didn't have so much fun playing DW!
    Well done man!!!!

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; May-16-2021 at 07:47.

My PC specs

34. Likes DD_FT, Pernix2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I really enjoyed flying on the DD servers, sad to see them go, thanks FT for making them available for so long S!
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

I'm sure this is a very, very unpopular opinion but selfishly, I'm glad. The reason is: External Views Enabled.

Forced cockpit view is the most important thing in what is trying it's absolute best to be an extremely high fidelity combat flight simulator. You could even argue it's more important than flight models.

It's not the fast-action, get in 10 good dogfights in a quick half an hour session that I have an issue with. In fact, I'd play it all the time too, if external views were disabled. It destroys all integrity.

Moving forward, I don't think more servers is necessarily what we need.

Usually when I come online to get a flight in there's;
    A) 20 or so people in DD, so I just walk away from the computer.
    B) 20 or so people scattered in 5 different servers and no real good, solid game going.

The odd time, usually on a weekend you get upwards of 60 or 70 guys on in a full switch server and we all enjoy the sim how it was meant to be played. And this truly is the best game I've ever been a part of.

I feel like the community needs to get together and run 2 or 3 servers, as the player base is small, and shrinking rapidly.

One for the Blitz-only users, one for the full Tobruk users, and then a fast action Danger Dogzzy type but please God, external views off. We're better than that, men.

I'm not being personal and hope no one's offended, as I don't even have any experience putting time and dedication into map-making and running a server and all that it entails. Just a passion for the best flight sim in history
    and an aching desire to see it succeed.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteven View Post
    I'm sure this is a very, very unpopular opinion but selfishly, I'm glad. The reason is: External Views Enabled.

Forced cockpit view is the most important thing in what is trying it's absolute best to be an extremely high fidelity combat flight simulator. You could even argue it's more important than flight models.

It's not the fast-action, get in 10 good dogfights in a quick half an hour session that I have an issue with. In fact, I'd play it all the time too, if external views were disabled. It destroys all integrity.

Moving forward, I don't think more servers is necessarily what we need.

Usually when I come online to get a flight in there's;
    A) 20 or so people in DD, so I just walk away from the computer.
    B) 20 or so people scattered in 5 different servers and no real good, solid game going.

The odd time, usually on a weekend you get upwards of 60 or 70 guys on in a full switch server and we all enjoy the sim how it was meant to be played. And this truly is the best game I've ever been a part of.

I feel like the community needs to get together and run 2 or 3 servers, as the player base is small, and shrinking rapidly.

One for the Blitz-only users, one for the full Tobruk users, and then a fast action Danger Dogzzy type but please God, external views off. We're better than that, men.

I'm not being personal and hope no one's offended, as I don't even have any experience putting time and dedication into map-making and running a server and all that it entails. Just a passion for the best flight sim in history
    and an aching desire to see it succeed.
    The only reason I'm running a server is because most of the time there is no-one flying on ATAG or TF, and on those servers there is mostly no AI, so nothing to shoot at. I like flying TWC, but too often in the late evening (EST) the server is down, so I enjoyed flying on DD Tobruk to get in some cockpit time. I'm not a big fan in general on outside views, but I do like to look at my plane from outside once in a while to admire and take screen shots. I never use the other views, but I can see that a person could cheat by using them to view the location of enemy aircraft. DD was never meant (I believe) as a serious combat server, just a place to have fun and get some target practice, and, using the DD missions, I intend to keep that feel. Personally, I don't feel that padlock view is much of a help, unless you don't have TrackIR... I generally have no trouble keeping enemy planes in sight (if I know they are there). If it helps you, go ahead and use it, if not, don't. We're all (mostly) here to have fun. I'm sure I'll make lots of mistakes, feel free to point them out. I'm pretty thick-skinned.

Regards,

Kendy
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I add some points, MrSteven, you should consider in addition to the ones written above by Kendy.

1) The DD server was never meant as a fully historical or fully realistic one. IIRC the DD server was originally created/set up/was born as a simple training one for DD pilots.

2) Due to what written above the server has grown/developed mainly as a training/quick action one without any pretention to be a full real one

3) The external views are needed also for another motive ( that lot of players/video makers like ). The ATAG server is, as far as I know, the only one who permits to record a track and then process the file to enable the external views. On the current server if you'll disable them, then all the tracks/videos will be limited to only the cockpit view rendering video making/streamings less appealing for the ones who like to make them, I presume.

4) Said in brief you should take the server as a " Take it easy let's have some fun together " one without pretending of being in a fully realistic recreation of the BoB or of the hot sands of the desert warfare IMHO.
    Then if you like it or not it's up to you and your personal preferences, I can only hope that you'll join us an have some fun together.

For all the rest I agree with Kendy statements.

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; May-16-2021 at 14:34.

My PC specs

39. Likes DD_FT, TWC_Flug liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast