Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    No idea what it will do to human flown crashed a/c after two minutes...
    At least for human flown RAF aircraft if they crash land both on sea or land they are removed after 2 mins but you don't get any credit anymore to have shoot them down. Not tested what the AI does about this. ( You get the kill credit only if the aircraft explodes during the crash landing, otherwise you don't get any kill credit )
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    At least for human flown RAF aircraft if they crash land both on sea or land they are removed after 2 mins but you don't get any credit anymore to have shoot them down. Not tested what the AI does about this. ( You get the kill credit only if the aircraft explodes during the crash landing, otherwise you don't get any kill credit )

Well, you just have to make sure they crash and burn! And then have them explode!

Seriously, I will have a look at it, could be I need to use a different 'remove' command, maybe a 'destroy' command? Will check, and try and fix: No promise though!

3. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

No problem mate take your time. The server is a top one even with this small " setback "

By the way...if possible should be great having also the timeleft ( <tl ) command available ( or the time left checkable by the TAB menu )
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Looked into it, and sorry, it's not going to happen, I could not find a quick fix, and I am not going to spend that much time into it.

Similar with <tl, can't find the code so I can copy/paste it in ... Too time consuming for me to write it from scratch ...

6. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

DangerDogz server is now running Clod Blitz 5.0

Still running the same good old Battle of Britain map / mission.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

So, I am working on a Tobruk map, and for that I run the server on a thin client at my house - so not on our own dedicated game server... And it's only for testing.

I do remember wondering whether I should keep it off of the Internet... and decided, mêh, it's a test, leave it there, and open...

But at the moment, I can't even join! All slots taken...

image.png.bfabcf4128929f2c96ff6cefa11f6c40.png

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Loving the server (and Tobruk in General)

I just have 1 suggestion and request.

Its in regards to the D.520

Why is it on the Allied side?

Would it not make more sense for it to be on the Axis side?

Sure historically i dont think it saw any use in the Tobruk area.
    But by this point of the war (1941-1942) the only operators of the D.520 were Axis members.

With Vichy France being the main operator with large numbers of D.520s in both North Africa and Syria where they saw combat against the Allies.
    (During the Syria/Lebanon campaign in 1941 against commonwealth Tomahawks and during Operation Torch in 1942 where they faced Wildcats etc)

And a number of D.520s were also used by the Italians though these were never used in North Africa.

So it would make much more sense to put the D.520 on the Axis side for the Tobruk map.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Great to see DD in Tobruk.
    Did a test flight today. The two planes that I fly are not available (Macchi C.202 Series VII Alta Quota, and Ju 88 C-4/Late Trop)
    Will come back every now and then to check when/if they will become available...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mattebubben View Post
    Loving the server (and Tobruk in General)

I just have 1 suggestion and request.

Its in regards to the D.520

Why is it on the Allied side?

Would it not make more sense for it to be on the Axis side?

Sure historically i dont think it saw any use in the Tobruk area.
    But by this point of the war (1941-1942) the only operators of the D.520 were Axis members.

With Vichy France being the main operator with large numbers of D.520s in both North Africa and Syria where they saw combat against the Allies.
    (During the Syria/Lebanon campaign in 1941 against commonwealth Tomahawks and during Operation Torch in 1942 where they faced Wildcats etc)

And a number of D.520s were also used by the Italians though these were never used in North Africa.

So it would make much more sense to put the D.520 on the Axis side for the Tobruk map.
    Oh dear - my bad, I just assumed it'd be Allied.
    I will move it over to the Italian base, even if it never was there...
    Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Great to see DD in Tobruk.
    Did a test flight today. The two planes that I fly are not available (Macchi C.202 Series VII Alta Quota, and Ju 88 C-4/Late Trop)
    Will come back every now and then to check when/if they will become available...
    They'll be there soon, I will add them...

13. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Oh dear - my bad, I just assumed it'd be Allied.
    I will move it over to the Italian base, even if it never was there...
    Thanks!
    NP and Thanks!
    The Team Fusion server made the same mistake so you are not alone in making that assumption.

Im just happy for the rapid response =).

And thanks again for the awsome server!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

At the moment, the original Dangerdogz Cliffs of Dover server is not running, it's Tobruk only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

They'll be there soon, I will add them...
    You've added the Macchi C.202 Series VII Alta Quota, with thanks

You forgot the Ju 88 C-4/Trop Late (with constant speed prop pitch). Would be great if you could add that one too
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

You've added the Macchi C.202 Series VII Alta Quota, with thanks

You forgot the Ju 88 C-4/Trop Late (with constant speed prop pitch). Would be great if you could add that one too
    That was/is a choice, I meant to not put any 'Late' types in. Figuring we've just started this, so, it's early... all the '(...) Late' types will arrive 'later' on this server

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

That was/is a choice, I meant to not put any 'Late' types in. Figuring we've just started this, so, it's early... all the '(...) Late' types will arrive 'later' on this server
    Ah, OK. Your choice. The important thing is to match planes on both sides so that no one is at a disadvantage.

Tried to log in today but the server freezes on first page with no possibility to choose a flag.

2020-08-11_162701.jpg

Actually there is not much we can do on that screen. All options are not working, including EXIT. To quit we have to go through Task Manager and kill the process.

2020-08-11_162830.png

I did not have this problem with the other servers.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Ah, OK. Your choice. The important thing is to match planes on both sides so that no one is at a disadvantage.

Tried to log in today but the server freezes on first page with no possibility to choose a flag.

2020-08-11_162701.jpg

Actually there is not much we can do on that screen. All options are not working, including EXIT. To quit we have to go through Task Manager and kill the process.

2020-08-11_162830.png

I did not have this problem with the other servers.
    Hm, I heard about that, tried joining, no problem!
    Will look into it!

Edit: same here! I'll see that I can get it fixed ...

As for matched plane sets: I have no idea. Suggestions to improve are very welcome!
    Last edited by DD_FT; Aug-11-2020 at 11:23.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Well, server is back up and one can connect now...

No idea what caused it - I now have excluded all sub-missions from the channel-map from being loaded ... so AI stuff at the moment will be more repetitive - not much in there just yet.

Will have to keep an eye out on this.... But PLEASE reply to this thread, and/or send me a PM here, or at http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums, or put something in the Shout box there, as a guest even...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

As for matched plane sets: I have no idea. Suggestions to improve are very welcome!
    If you have the Beaufighter Mk Ic then you should have the Ju 88 C-4 / Late ...

22. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Well, server is back up and one can connect now...

No idea what caused it - I now have excluded all sub-missions from the channel-map from being loaded ... so AI stuff at the moment will be more repetitive - not much in there just yet.

Will have to keep an eye out on this.... But PLEASE reply to this thread, and/or send me a PM here, or at http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums, or put something in the Shout box there, as a guest even...
    Confirmed

Thanks FT. Your prompt action is appreciated, as usual

24. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

If you have the Beaufighter Mk Ic then you should have the Ju 88 C-4 / Late ...
    Will be available in some three hours from now ... (ie. time of writing this)

26. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Have dialed back the intensity of AA ships will fire at you on Tobruk and Channel map missions...

28. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk are updated to 5.003 now ...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk are updated to 5.004 now ...

31. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk have been updated to 5.005.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk have been updated to latest version ...

34. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Tobruk map. If you spawn at the seabase as LW your game immediately CTD ( Tried this several times always same result ). It should be removed or modified S!

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Can you please add also the Dewoitine D.520 to the BoB map?

My PC specs

37. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Tobruk map. If you spawn at the seabase as LW your game immediately CTD ( Tried this several times always same result ). It should be removed or modified S!
    Where is that base located? In what grid? Does it have a name?

As far as I know, there are no sea bases on our Tobruk mission / server where you can spawn in...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Can you please add also the Dewoitine D.520 to the BoB map?
    No.

Our BoB server/map/mission is Cliffs of Dover only, adding the D.520 would mean that it would limit the access to people who have the Tobruk DLC. And I'm not having that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

No.

Our BoB server/map/mission is Cliffs of Dover only, adding the D.520 would mean that it would limit the access to people who have the Tobruk DLC. And I'm not having that!

Your BoB server is running version 5.006 (otherwise we with the Tobruk DLC would not be connecting to it).
    People who do not have the Tobruk DLC should therefore not be able to connect to it anyway...
    Or am I missing something?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast