Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    On ATAG you can get in a fight about once an hour, and on DD you can get in a fight about every ten minutes.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it looks like there are many Blue AI aircraft for the humans in Spitfires and Hurricanes to chase, but there are just a few Red AI for the 109s. Now that DD has moved to other sims and won't be using the server so much to find lots of Blue AI perhaps there can be more Red AI to keep the 109s busy?

Cheers!
    Great idea.
    Will work on that.
    Results will not be visible immediately, but you should find more Red AI around in the future...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Both fixed.
    Excellent and thanks! Outstanding work, as always!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Things noted during the last two days ( or rather from when the new Red AI raid have been added over France ).

These are not to be intended as complain/s in any way, it's simply a collection of things that I've noted while playing online on the server or feedbacks that I've heard from other players while being on Ts.
    The only intent of these notes is to possibly help improving the server, nothing else.

Things Noted

- The Red AI raids seems to be too many. These generate 3 very negative effects:

1- Very often, soon as you spawn or immediately after take-off, you get immediately strafed/attacked relentlessly by Red AI fighter aircraft

2- The AI fighters experience seems to be set too high ( at least for some of the AI fighter groups ) resulting in very " sticky " AI fighter aircraft continuosly attacking your aircraft, with often, no chance to scroll them away from you.
    Take in mind that the AI aircraft behaviour have been revisited and improved in the last patch changing quite drastically their behaviour in respect to before.
    The AI groups of fighter aircraft should be reduced to a maximum of 2-3 per group and the AI fighter groups experience should be set to " Veteran " and " Ace " only very rarely ( Take in mind that now AI groups with this level of experience will continue to attack your plane relentlessy until you will be shoot down, independently from the evasive maneuvers that you will perform )

3- This is the worst one...Due to the high number of AI Red raids over France and due to the fact that a lot of them are shoot down by players or flak fire, we got in some areas lots of burning fires on the ground and this provokes in some areas ( especially around the French north coastline where the fights are heavy ) very huge FPS losses rendering the game totally unplayable in that areas at least until you will don't get away from them.
    Yesterday many players that were online reported very heavy FPS drops to 10, 6 and 2 FPS in these areas ( French point, Marquise West area for example and as reference ) so it's something not based only on my " feedback " as someone could eventually imagine.

A personal consideration: IMHO the server was way better before the addition of these Red AI raids. I do not mean that they must be all deleted but they must be set more carefully and in less numbers due to the new AI behaviour and due to the impact they seems to have on the players PC average performances, otherwise the only effect we get at the moment, is negative instead of being positive as planned.

End of the report.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-08-2019 at 06:59.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

4. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

On a similar note, my observation(s) is that the FPS drop is caused by the un-despawned wreckage of both AI and human planes after being shot down.

With the ground hot starts, the planes remained stuck in the air.
    With the air hot starts, the planes are no longer stuck in the air, but they no longer despawn neither,so remain as "active" planes on the ground or in waters. i assume AIs also fall under the air hot spawned category...
    The cumulation of such wreckage over time is what causes increased FPS drops proportional to the increase of such wreckage, but only within a certain radius (estimated 10 km) around the wreckage.
    This is why some areas get more hit than others: hawkinge and folkstone feet wet area, north french coast, around the corvettes at sea.

So finding the bug that causes the hot started planes to stay stuck in the air (ground hot spawns) or to not disappear after crashing (air hot spawns) would probably fix this increasingly annoying problem of latency and veeeeeeery low FPS.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

6. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Thanks for these reports!

I ever realized I had added that many Red fighter flights over France, or that they would behave that nasty.
    I'll tune them a bit, reducing their numbers, and check skill levels.

As for the issue with the a/c not de-spawning: The only thing I can do, is to remove the air start spawn points.
    That'd bring us back to having to warm up our engines. At least until the bug is fixed.

So, at first, I will reduce the number of bases with air start, to one on each side, further back in land (ie. Canterbury / Cafffier?)

8. Likes ATAG_Noofy, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

So, at first, I will reduce the number of bases with air start, to one on each side, further back in land (ie. Canterbury / Cafffier?)
    The only reason for having hot spawn spots if for planes that take a while to warm up. Not sure about red planes, but on blue side only Italian planes (G50 and BR20) and Tiger Moth are concerned. No need for hot starts for any of the German planes. So if you have to keep one on blue side it should be Wissant where the G50s are... (multi-engine planes have an in-built hot start procedure: Alt-F2, etc.)...

(This is just my opinion not a request. You don't have to do that if it screws the server.)

Plus I am not sure this will solve the problem as many wreckage are from shot down AI planes. Not just the planes starting at the current hot starts...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-10-2019 at 05:15.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

10. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    The only reason for having hot spawn spots if for planes that take a while to warm up. Not sure about red planes, but on blue side only Italian planes (G50 and BR20) and Tiger Moth are concerned. No need for hot starts for any of the German planes. So if you have to keep one on blue side it should be Wissant where the G50s are... (multi-engine planes have an in-built hot start procedure: Alt-F2, etc.)...

(This is just my opinion not a request. You don't have to do that if it screws the server.)

Plus I am not sure this will solve the problem as many wreckage are from shot down AI planes. Not just the planes starting at the current hot starts...
    Thanks for pointing out that G50-only air start ... and refering to Alt-F2: Just found out you can use it on single crew aircraft as well, start Engine, press Alt-F2, press Esc, click on "your" a/c on the map, and select 'Enter' - here ya go, warmed up engine.

Knowing this, no longer any need for AIR start spawn points. So, they will be removed!

For sure, it may not fix the issue with AI crash landing and not de-spawning, but we'll see what the results are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

... and refering to Alt-F2: Just found out you can use it on single crew aircraft as well, start Engine, press Alt-F2, press Esc, click on "your" a/c on the map, and select 'Enter' - here ya go, warmed up engine.
    Never tried it on single-engine planes on the DD server because I assumed this only worked for multi-engine planes as is the case on the other servers. Always check your assumptions...

The ALT-F2 procedure is even simpler than what you described:
    1. Spawn in. Apply chokes (optional but good practice).
    2. Press ALT-F2. You will be thrown outside the plane looking at it. Wait a few seconds until the AI starts the engine for you.
    3. Press ALT-F1 to get back in your plane
    4. Voilà. You will still need to open radiators etc though.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-10-2019 at 06:12.

13. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Never tried it on single-engine planes on the DD server because I assumed this only worked for multi-engine planes as is the case on the other servers. Always check your assumptions...

The ALT-F2 procedure is even simpler than what you described:
    1. Spawn in. Apply chokes (optional but good practice).
    2. Press ALT-F2. You will be thrown outside the plane looking at it. Wait a few seconds until the AI starts the engine for you.
    3. Press ALT-F1 to get back in your plane
    4. Voilà. You will still need to open radiators etc though.
    Cool! Never knew there was an Alt-F1. Thanks!

15. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

There may be good news on the crash-landed-a/c that stay on the ground / in the sea like forever and thus causing low FPS.

I did add a bit of scripting, that will remove crash landed a/c two minutes after the crash. In a test-setup, I let the server run for three hours, not a static a/c on the map. (And I did overload it with AI flights). And I watched some three a/c crash into the sea, and being removed two minutes after the crash.
    No idea what it will do to human flown crashed a/c after two minutes...

So, here's hoping it will help!

Special Thanks to Noofy, who pointed me to a thread with slightly related yet irrelevant code in it, but while replying to his remark, I suddenly had an idea on how to apply a fix.

This fix will be active in a bit over two hours from now.

Wingers crossed!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Oh, the mission somehow ended a bit sooner, so the fix mentioned above is applied, as of now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I suddenly had an idea on how to apply a fix.

This fix will be active in a bit over two hours from now.
    Whatever you did, worked
    No more FPS drops experienced on DD server. At least for me...
    Well done FT, and many thanks.

19. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, DRock liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Whatever you did, worked
    Nice!
    Thanks for reporting that back here!

21. Likes DRock, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Whatever you did, worked
    Good for me, too.

40 minutes with almost 40 pilots on. Smooth as silk.

Thanks, FT.

23. Likes DD_FT, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Please accept my apologies for posting here but our good friend, squadmate and favourite Texan Bill Rotureau, ex-United States Airforce passed away last week.

We'll miss you Bill. Salute mate!

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

So sorry to hear of the passing of a fellow veteran and a brother sim pilot.

Condolences to family and friends.

RIP Bill Rotureau.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Sad news.
    He went flying in higher skies.
    RIP Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Very sorry for the passing of your friend. May he Rest In Peace.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

As well my condolences to the loss of your friend. Prayers sent out to him, his family and his virtual family.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Nov-30-2019 at 18:49.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Server down for some maintenance, won't take too long - I hope.
    (No changes to missions or setup of Dangerdogz CloD server will be made!)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Well, that did not take as long as I had expected!
    Server is up and running ...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

So, some three weeks ago I added a silly amount of AAA around the main bases on the map.
    Now lately it looks like the server is less populated...

Are these items related?

Dunno, but I've reverted now to the previous version, with lesser AAA

32. Likes ATAG_Noofy, Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

So, some three weeks ago I added a silly amount of AAA around the main bases on the map.

Are these items related?

So far the only area were the Flak fire is very hard to be avoided is the Dover harbour. There are two corvettes placed there defending the ships in the harbour. No way to drop a bomb in the Bf 110 without being sniper-killed by them. Probably removing one of them should be not bad.
    Around the airfields, instead, IMHO, the ammount is good. You can't expect to fly at low level ( and maybe slow speed ) around an airfield and than going away as if nothing as happened.
    In addition, if performing the correct maneuvers, the Flak fire around airfields is avoidable, IMHO, at least for a certain ammount of time.

* A thing noted that has nothing to do with this. I've noted that sometimes the AI aircraft landing go on the border of the field and then they start rolling around like crazy on the same spot ( and they didn't seems to despawn even if bombed/strafed ). When this happens in an area of about 6-7 Km from the AI aircraft the game seems to generate a very heavy lag.

Apart this small/minor stuffs, great server and I've had a lot of fun flying in it!

My PC specs

34. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Thanks for the feedback Belial, much appreciated!

Have changed the Corvettes to Tankers.
    (The vettes are indeed lethal for enemy a/c close to them )

As for the AI circling/rolling: Yeah, I know it's happening, but can't do much about it.
    I've changed some missions to have AI land on bigger bases, and further away, changed some code to try and remove crashed Aircraft... but we're stuck with this I am afraid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Thanks FT.

I don't think the attendance of your server is linked to your changes in AAA. In fact many people I know including myself enjoy hopping on DD server every now and then for quick (and fun) dogfights, while we tend to go on other servers such as ATAG and TWC for more strategic/realistic experiences.
    They all have their ups and downs according to people's moods, but they also complement each other pretty well in a healthy way imho.

As far as I am concerned, no problem having AAA around airfields as long as it remains realistic and provided it is balanced on both sides. Please do not forget Wissant, home of the mighty G50s. There you can add as many AAAs as you want, and even more

Again, thanks for your efforts and for the fun.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; May-31-2020 at 03:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Please do not forget Wissant, home of the mighty G50s. There you can add as many AAAs as you want, and even more
    In this special case I would love to see much more AAA on the airfield ... but it should be red AAA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Are these items related?

Some thoughts for you to consider.

First of all thanks for reducing the flack, it was stifling to Reds over France, but I don't think it was a major contributor to low participation.
    Yesterday I flew for a couple hours on the DD server, the first hour had about 6-8 flyers, once the server re-booted that number dropped to just 2 both RED, which is not unusual since the time was midnight GMT. But the time here where I live was 5pm. I flew for another hour with a buddy and we were alone. During that time we had one flight of 7 JU-87's to attack. That was it, no other blue AI were reported or seen. We left because we were bored. This lack of AI after a re-boot is common, but usually not this long.

So here is my point. People will join a server that has flyers before joining one that is empty. To get the first few flyers to the server there needs to be some hope of action. Either against each other, or against AI. You and I can not control the RED-BLUE distribution on the server, it is what it is, but YOU can control the amount of AI. Maybe tweak it just a little so it starts earlier in the mission.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

39. Likes DerDa, DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    Some thoughts for you to consider.

First of all thanks for reducing the flack, it was stifling to Reds over France, but I don't think it was a major contributor to low participation.
    Yesterday I flew for a couple hours on the DD server, the first hour had about 6-8 flyers, once the server re-booted that number dropped to just 2 both RED, which is not unusual since the time was midnight GMT. But the time here where I live was 5pm. I flew for another hour with a buddy and we were alone. During that time we had one flight of 7 JU-87's to attack. That was it, no other blue AI were reported or seen. We left because we were bored. This lack of AI after a re-boot is common, but usually not this long.

So here is my point. People will join a server that has flyers before joining one that is empty. To get the first few flyers to the server there needs to be some hope of action. Either against each other, or against AI. You and I can not control the RED-BLUE distribution on the server, it is what it is, but YOU can control the amount of AI. Maybe tweak it just a little so it starts earlier in the mission.
    Thanks for these insights...

The lack of AI after a restart... You know, the AI is being spawned in completely random. At random intervals. Independent of when the mission restarts. It's difficult to control that, as, well, it is all RANDOM!

I will look into it, and see if I can find some (random) solution or fix...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Maybe a random nuke at Hawkinge could be the solution?

My PC specs

42. Likes DD_FT, Little Bill liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

As of now, two random AI flights will be spawned in the mission, at the (re)start of each mission.

Have Fun!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast