Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

S!~

Thanks FT - great servers - esp. Tobruck. Lots of fun and action!

S!~ AKA_Blasto
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

2. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both servers are now updated to .015.

4. Likes ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both servers are now updated to .017.

6. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both servers are now updated to .018.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi guys,
    is it possible have also the Macchi C.202 III and VII "normal" (not Alta Quota)? I mean in the Tobruk server.

Thank you.

S!

9. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Hellrider View Post
    Hi guys,
    is it possible have also the Macchi C.202 III and VII "normal" (not Alta Quota)? I mean in the Tobruk server.

Thank you.

S!
    Sure, is possible.
    They have been added to the Italian spawnpoint.

11. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Some stuffs noted on the BoB server:

- When a human flown aircraft crash land most of the times you don't get any air kill credited in the stats of the game. Not a problem by itself but some " smart ones " tends to exploit this systematically to not provide the air kill to the opponent. If this could be fixed should be really great.

- Especially over France and when there are situations like 20+ players around, for example, due to the burning aircraft and the high number of AI aircraft flying around the server/mission performances tends to drop quite a lot. Probably reducing of a fraction the number of AI aircraft per flight should be not a bad idea. ( Just a suggestion )

- Some human flown aircraft are never shown on the map even if in visual range

A request:

- Should it be possible to add the Bf 110 C-4/B, Bf 110 C-4/N, Bf 110 C-6, Bf 110 C-7 to the following airfields: Boulogne Alprech, Pihen, Saint Inglevert, Berk, Le Touquette, Oye Plage ( With some Flak defences if feasible on airfields not having it already )

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Mar-20-2021 at 19:52.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

- Crediting kills: Out of my reach, can't do anything about that! (The only custom code in the mission is for the Refuel/Rearm option. )
    - Have reduced numbers per AI Flight already. Is this occurring close to Calais?
    - A/C not visible on the map: Have seen it happen, they could be too high, or too low? Anyways, like the first one: Out of my reach!

Will look into adding the 110's to the airfields. And AA.
    Last edited by DD_FT; Mar-21-2021 at 05:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT;371927
    - Crediting kills: Out of my reach, can't do anything about that! (The only custom code in the mission is for the Refuel/Rearm option. )
    - Have reduced numbers per AI Flight already. Is this occurring close to Calais?
    - A/C not visible on the map: Have seen it happen, they could be too high, or too low? Anyways, like the first one: Out of my reach!

OK Team Fusion #1 & #3 must be you? These are not "immersion", nor "visual", these problems are Game Play, and they bug people.
    How can an aircraft crash land in the ocean and not be a kill? And G-50's are especially susceptible to this bug. It seems the game thinks they are a boat, which I understand but come-on-man. By the way this happens in SP as well as MP.
    Enemy aircraft can crash land on my airfield and not be a kill, not good. And either side can R&R on each others airfield, just find a field that has no flack and land.
    Sometimes, some A/C are not visible on the map, but recently its been the same guy, frequently. How is that?

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

15. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Most of the slowdowns I've noticed ( and that I've heard of from other players ) where in the area French point- Marquise - Wissant - Calais - Caffiers ( In brief the northern part of the French coastline where there is normally more activity by players/AI )

Brilliant und danke. As always a top notch guy!

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    OK Team Fusion #1 & #3 must be you? These are not "immersion", nor "visual", these problems are Game Play, and they bug people.
    How can an aircraft crash land in the ocean and not be a kill? And G-50's are especially susceptible to this bug. It seems the game thinks they are a boat, which I understand but come-on-man. By the way this happens in SP as well as MP.
    Enemy aircraft can crash land on my airfield and not be a kill, not good. And either side can R&R on each others airfield, just find a field that has no flack and land.
    Sometimes, some A/C are not visible on the map, but recently its been the same guy, frequently. How is that?
    Not sure what you are referring to by "Team Fusion #1 & #3 must be you?" If you are referring to servers, then NO. The DangerDogz have two servers running, one for Tobruk and one for Bob.
    So, it is not 'me' ... Apart from using their fine products to provide a service to the community, the DangerDogz have no relation with TF in any way ...
    (And, if weird stuff happens in SP as well, then it tells me you do not need to address the issue over here ... SP is out of my reach, for sure!)

The only active customized code running on the DangerDogz servers is related to rearm and refuel. And that bit of code I got somewhere, I did not create it myself.
    It does allow one to rearm and refuel on any airbase, friend or foe. We are aware of that, and find that to not be a problem.
    Apart from removing it all together I do not have the knowledge to change it in a way to prevent this from happening.

As you appear to have identified that 'same guy' that is frequently invisible on the map, take it up with him directly please. I cannot help you with that, sorry!

Have Fun!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    Most of the slowdowns I've noticed ( and that I've heard of from other players ) where in the area French point- Marquise - Wissant - Calais - Caffiers ( In brief the northern part of the French coastline where there is normally more activity by players/AI )

Brilliant und danke. As always a top notch guy!

You are welcome! - some of the requested changes have been applied - but not all - like 110's at Pihen? No. Caffiers is so close, use that base please

As for the slowdowns - it's not easy really - I suspect it's caused by the built up areas around Calais ... And somehow it seems to work out in a way that most of the returning AI flights end up over there.
    I can try and tune those AI flights to not fly over there, but that's a lot of work... not sure if I want to take that up ... I might, but you will not notice a change in like a week or so, it will take months ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Lightbulb Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    ... And G-50's are especially susceptible to this bug. It seems the game thinks they are a boat, which I understand but come-on-man. ...
    Did you wash your mouth before talking about the G.50 ?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

20. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

As for the slowdowns - it's not easy really - I suspect it's caused by the built up areas around Calais ... And somehow it seems to work out in a way that most of the returning AI flights end up over there.
    I can try and tune those AI flights to not fly over there, but that's a lot of work... not sure if I want to take that up ... I might, but you will not notice a change in like a week or so, it will take months ...
    Imho, based on many previous experiences on the DD server, the slowdowns are caused by aircraft (both AI and human) not de-spawning properly after being shot down, crashing, ejecting, or simply landing and changing a damaged aircraft.

On other servers it seems that when the control of the aircraft is passed onto the AI (for example when pressing ALT+F2 from the pilot seat), the aircraft gets destroyed and plunges to the sea/ground. Same happens after ejecting. The plane then de-spawns in a matter of a few seconds. On DD server, the crashed plane remains "live and kicking" for a long long time... even damaged planes left on the runway when changing to a new aircraft take off again and circle above the airfield...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Mar-22-2021 at 03:05.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    On DD server, the crashed plane remains "live and kicking" for a long long time... even damaged planes left on the runway when changing to a new aircraft take off again and circle above the airfield...
    I think that the de-spawing script apparently missing ( or already present but not working as planned ) is responsible for the air kills not credited. For example on the ATAG servers I've never get the problem of the air kills not correctly credited because soon as you leave the plane the de-spawimg script removes the plane of interest. I'm not a " script guru " but my guess is that this " problem " is related to the de-spawing script you mentioned.

About the aircraft icons not displayed on the map my guess is this: The game can manage only a certain X number of aircraft/ships/objects icons per time in a certain area. When this X number is exceeded then some aircraft, randomly, are not displayed on the map as icon. My second guess about this is that it could have something to do ( if present ) with the script that manages the displayed map icons when you cross the blue/red demarcation line. ( Enemy aircraft icons displayed less when you are on your side of the map ). Maybe when the number of the AI will be reduced this problem will mitigate. I'll take a look at it and then I'll report back if the situation will improve ( or not ) after that the modifications will be put in charge by the server Admin.

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Mar-22-2021 at 04:34.

My PC specs

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes, this is a despawn stuff. For the opposite, the despawn in CloD stats gives you a kill also when a plane that you have damaged (also very lightly) lands perfectly in a base.
    In short, the stats system is completly fuc**d in CloD. Without a external program (which reads the logs) is absolutely imprecise.

24. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

There is no de-spawn script on the DD-servers.

It used to be there, but as it never worked properly (sometimes a/c being removed from mid-air) I removed it, it's now all up to the 'DespawnAfterLandingTimeout 600' setting.
    (I will decrease that value a bit, to 180.)

Planes left to AI when a user leaves them on the runway do try and take off again, fly one circuit, land and then get de-spawned automatically.'

For sure, there can/will be some damaged a/c around on the ground - some of them will cause FPS issues, like when tumbling around in the water.

It is what it is, I am not going to spend time and effort to change this ... Way too much work, and it will still leave us with Calais as FPS killer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

If you find abandoned AI aircraft eating fps in a location, you may choose to take control of the landed/misbehaving AI aircraft and by doing so, force them to despawn.
    Use controls in the "View" Category: "External View - Cycle Friendly Aircraft" and "Take Control of selected AI Aircraft".

In the video below I cleaned up a number of He-111's - keep an eye on the map as aircraft get removed.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quite the coincidence Bonditaria, I cleaned some up over there as well just now ...

(Thanks for explaining this ... I think Alt-F1 to take control and Alt-F2 to release it are the default keys)

Furthermore, I changed the landing base of those 111's from Rely to Arras - I think that Rely airbase is too small for them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    If you find abandoned AI aircraft eating fps in a location, you may choose to take control of the landed/misbehaving AI aircraft and by doing so, force them to despawn.
    Use controls in the "View" Category: "External View - Cycle Friendly Aircraft" and "Take Control of selected AI Aircraft".

In the video below I cleaned up a number of He-111's - keep an eye on the map as aircraft get removed.

Good tips mate!

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

May have found cause of the problem regarding the AI a/c endlessly rotating on the ground after their landing.

Can still happen, but should be much less frequent as of now... I hope

30. Likes DerDa, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

May have found cause of the problem regarding the AI a/c endlessly rotating on the ground after their landing.

Can still happen, but should be much less frequent as of now... I hope
    Well done mate!

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

There seems to be a problem with the spawn at Boulogne Alprech airfield. ( BoB server )
    The airfield's icon is white but you can't select any plane nor spawn there ( Reference for you: The first day you enabled it, it worked as per normal ).

No hurry just reported it to let you be aware of the issue.

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

There seems to be a problem with the spawn at Boulogne Alprech airfield. ( BoB server )
    The airfield's icon is white but you can't select any plane nor spawn there ( Reference for you: The first day you enabled it, it worked as per normal ).

No hurry just reported it to let you be aware of the issue.

Hm. Have seen this happening once, and attempted to fix it, but that did not work apparently ... will look into it! Thanks for reporting it!

34. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Boulogne Alprech airfield spawn issue is now fixed...

36. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, Artist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Boulogne Alprech airfield spawn issue is now fixed...
    Brilliant! Thanks mate!

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Little report:

Boulogne Alprech now working as planned but no requested Bf 110 variants available, see quote below.

A request:

- Should it be possible to add the Bf 110 C-4/B, Bf 110 C-4/N, Bf 110 C-6, Bf 110 C-7 to the following airfields: Boulogne Alprech, Pihen, Saint Inglevert, Berk, Le Touquette, Oye Plage ( With some Flak defences if feasible on airfields not having it already )
    As always no hurry, when you'll have time to do it it will be surely a great addition!

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Ah, yes, turns out an AI 110 cannot take off and land from that base. Not properly anyways...
    When it does, it will land with the wheels still up. And it will end up doing circles in the grass... hence I left it out.
    Other bases are close enough to pick a 110 from there me thinks...

40. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Fine for me, if not feasible, no probl at all

My PC specs

42. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both servers are now updated to .019

44. Likes palker, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast