Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Your BoB server is running version 5.006 (otherwise we with the Tobruk DLC would not be connecting to it).
    People who do not have the Tobruk DLC should therefore not be able to connect to it anyway...
    Or am I missing something?
    yes Noofy, you are missing that the game engine is updated currently to 5.006 for everybody who ever purchased the IL-2 Cliffs of Dover game. You get a new folder in Steam with the DW dlc if you buy it, but we all get the updated game engine. You should test the game with the tobruk folder "ex-ed out" to see that the basic bob game is updated and working properly.

test-update-without-DLC.jpg

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

2. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Your BoB server is running version 5.006 (otherwise we with the Tobruk DLC would not be connecting to it).
    People who do not have the Tobruk DLC should therefore not be able to connect to it anyway...
    Or am I missing something?
    Blitz and Tobruk run the same version number Noofy. It's just blitz owners do not have the parts.tobruk part of the sim installed - so if any content from Tobruk is on a server they can't join it. But anyone can join a server using only parts.bob which is the basic Blitz content.

4. Likes ATAG_Noofy, rontaila liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    No.

Our BoB server/map/mission is Cliffs of Dover only, adding the D.520 would mean that it would limit the access to people who have the Tobruk DLC. And I'm not having that!

Sorry I wasn't thinking about that option...No problem mate S!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Where is that base located? In what grid? Does it have a name?

As far as I know, there are no sea bases on our Tobruk mission / server where you can spawn in...
    It was Gazala number 1 but now it seems to work as per normal...
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    It was Gazala number 1 but now it seems to work as per normal...
    Well, should it happen again, please report it here - and if you could take a note of date/time it occurred - including the base it occurred on, that would be great!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk have been updated to latest version ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk have been updated to latest version ...
    Excellent und danke!

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Very often on the mini-map human flown aircraft, even if in visual range, are not displayed at all on it....Is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance!

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Very often on the mini-map human flown aircraft, even if in visual range, are not displayed at all on it....Is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance!
    I doubt whether I can do anything about it... They probably are either very low, or very high when they do not show up on the map. Radar limits, maybe?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I've been flying the Tobruk DD server quite a bit lately, and I've noticed that if I land an aircraft and spawn into a new one, the AI will take over the old one and start flying it, even if it is out of ammo or low on gas. It is odd to see multiple aircraft with someones' skin flying around. I know on other servers, when you leave an aircraft, after a few minutes it will despawn and there will be a message that an AI has died. Is this a bug, or intentional?
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Yesterday I flew one mission on the channel map and two on the North Africa map.
    There were some human players doing their dog-fighting stuff over the Channel but no AI far and wide (radar told about some 88s far, far in the West).
    In Tobruk not a single AI aircraft as well, just the ships.

I always loved DD server to practice bombing, strafing and bomber intercept but now it seems to be a pure human vs. human dogfight server.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Yesterday I flew one mission on the channel map and two on the North Africa map.
    There were some human players doing their dog-fighting stuff over the Channel but no AI far and wide (radar told about some 88s far, far in the West).

I always loved DD server to practice bombing, strafing and bomber intercept but now it seems to be a pure human vs. human dogfight server.
    Do a TAB-7-1 and it will give you direction and distance to AI aircraft. They might be hundreds or KM away, so you might have to fly a bit to reach them. Of course, I have been burned many times by following TAB-7-1 for 50 KM and finding a single damaged plane on the ground, only to see server messages calling out an attack back at Tobruk that I am missing!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    I've been flying the Tobruk DD server quite a bit lately, and I've noticed that if I land an aircraft and spawn into a new one, the AI will take over the old one and start flying it, even if it is out of ammo or low on gas. It is odd to see multiple aircraft with someones' skin flying around. I know on other servers, when you leave an aircraft, after a few minutes it will despawn and there will be a message that an AI has died. Is this a bug, or intentional?
    Yep, I recognize that.
    It's just the way it is at the moment.

Used to have a script running that would remove landed human piloted a/c, but it caused really bad side effects.
    So, I decided to remove it.

In the end, it should not really be an issue; The AI will try and take off, do a circuit and land... And that's minor in the end...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both servers run the same procedures and timings on launching missions with AI quite randomly.
    And that has not changed at all. Plenty of AI missions still spawning in.

Maybe you joined at a time where it just happened the AI stuff kept spawning in away from you all the time? As it's all random, timing wise and mission wise?

Our BoB map has nearly 200 separate AI sub-missions, both Red and Blue (More Blue than Red though), Tobruk has way less. I have not yet put the effort in it to create or gather more AI missions, or make a more interesting map that just one that has Tobruk as center point...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

19. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Both servers run the same procedures and timings on launching missions with AI quite randomly.
    And that has not changed at all. Plenty of AI missions still spawning in.

Maybe you joined at a time where it just happened the AI stuff kept spawning in away from you all the time? As it's all random, timing wise and mission wise?

Our BoB map has nearly 200 separate AI sub-missions, both Red and Blue (More Blue than Red though), Tobruk has way less. I have not yet put the effort in it to create or gather more AI missions, or make a more interesting map that just one that has Tobruk as center point...
    Just bad luck then, I suppose.

And before I forget: Thanks a lot for running the server to the benefit of the whole community!

S!

DerDa

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Just bad luck then, I suppose.

And before I forget: Thanks a lot for running the server to the benefit of the whole community!

S!

DerDa
    You are welcome!
    Us DangerDogz hardly use it anymore, but its clear other people are!

(At the moment, due to some updates and testing left and right ... up time may/will be iffy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    145.34 MB

I suggest that we make the BoB server Blue team have the same kind of Radar as red.
    From beauty to beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Just a thing noted on the BoB map and the Tobruk one. Very often when you attack a Red bomber formation or enemy vehicles, AI red fighters are spawned all of a sudden some kilometers away from it with altitude advantage in respect to the player position. If possible the distance where they spawn should be set a little more distant from the bombers ( otherwise they seems to appear all of a sudden out of nowhere ) and their skill level set a bit lower ( Otherwise they shoot like infallible snipers ) and you get sistematically killed by the Chuck Norris Fighter Wing.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Oct-02-2020 at 22:38.

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.331_Fredrik View Post
    I suggest that we make the BoB server Blue team have the same kind of Radar as red.
    Good suggestion.
    But there's nothing I can do about this I think.
    There's no custom Radar in the map/mission.
    (Think it was based on the fact that back in 1940 the British had better radar than the Germans had?)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Just a thing noted on the BoB map and the Tobruk one. Very often when you attack a Red bomber formation or enemy vehicles, AI red fighters are spawned all of a sudden some kilometers away from it with altitude advantage in respect to the player position. If possible the distance where they spawn should be set a little more distant from the bombers ( otherwise they seems to appear all of a sudden out of nowhere ) and their skill level set a bit lower ( Otherwise they shoot like infallible snipers ) and you get sistematically killed by the Chuck Norris Fighter Wing.
    There are no AI red fighters spawning in as a result of you are attacking anything, not by design.
    It's all random, if they do happen to show up when you are attacking ground targets, for sure, they will have an altitude advantage, but that's like to be expected when you are attacking ground targets.

AI Red fighters may be escorting a flight of bombers. Sure. Just as Blue fighters may be escorting a flight of bombers.
    They are there to protect them.
    You can expect to be bounced by them if you are not careful.
    You will just have to deal with that.

I did tone down the AI's aerial gunnery skills. Just a bit.
    Maybe they will be less snipery like as of now?

Just to clarify a bit on how the server is setup:
    - There is a base map, with some ground targets and airfields/spawn points defined on it, some artillery units, and some moving vehicles. (Basically, Red armor moving towards Blue territory, and vice versa.) Some ships.
    - There is a set of missions, consisting of like a flight of bombers with or without escort, or fighters patrolling. Bombers attacking ships. These missions are randomly loaded into the base map. Randomly in time and sequence. A mission will not spawn in twice in the same session. BoB map has some 190 of those missions, Tobruk 30. Still working on adding some more.
    - The only scripting in the mission is related to the refuel/rearm/repair functionality. Nothing else. No smart scripting where your actions result into something else happening.

Have Fun!

26. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Thanks for the detaied reply and for lowering a fraction the AI skills

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

29. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Found a bit of a bug in the refueling / re-arming script on the DangerDogz server: It does not check what side you are flying on.

So, I could take a 110 up from France, fly to base in the UK, land there. And re-fuel and re-arm!
    Not really an issue though ... most bases have some AA guns on them

31. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

The BoB map/server has now been set to restart once every 6 hours. (Used to be 4 hours)

Every half hour, a chat message will be shown informing you how much "Time Remaining: .. Hrs" (or minutes when getting closer to the restart)

This is an experiment, will need to monitor the memory usage, whether it stays within limits...

33. Likes ATAG_Noofy, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Both Dangerdogz BoB and Dangerdogz Tobruk have been updated to latest version ... 5.013

36. Likes Bonditaria, Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Hello DD-Full Throttle. Are you aware that both your servers go down on Tuesday evening and stay that way for hours? The problem is that Steam (I think) does some kind of a flush that takes all the Cliff's servers down at around 2400 GMT every Tuesday. The server list stays blank for about 10-15 minutes maybe longer, eventually all the servers come back on-line expect the 2 DD servers. I assume you have to manually reboot them in the morning because 2 to 3 hours later they are still down.

Can you fix?

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Well, I do know they regularly drop out due to Steam losing connection.
    Never realize this is such a regular Tuesday thing...

Nothing to fix really - in my opinion.
    I simply restart them whenever I notice they are down.
    That last bit might be where the problem is, can't watch them 24/7 ...

Will try and check if they are up more often though...

Thanks for reporting the issue anyways!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Well, managed to fix half of the issue: The DD BoB server will now be properly restarted in a Steam-logout situation.

The Tobruk one not.
    (Not sure if that one even is fixable...)

40. Likes Little Bill liked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast