Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Re: The DangerDogz CloD Server - Suggestions - Remarks - All Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteven View Post
    I'm not being personal and hope no one's offended
    Not offended at all...amazed and shocked at your audacity yes,but not offended.....however,this aside,your missing the point,the server was obviously created as an option for those that did'nt need to get all high and mighty and all hung up over realism,it was created for those that just wanted to join a server that offered an alternative option to have external views,to be different,and I for one champion that creativity.

The creator of this server has obviously toiled and laboured endlessly in creating this server,so in that respect,at least give him the respect and kudos he deserves for the work that he has toiled over to create this server for our pleasure...remember our pleasure,these people are not on any payroll nor commission,they do it for one thing,and one thing only.....our pleasure.

To come on here and rubbish that creativity without a second thought to the creator is just sheer crass IMHO.I am sorry to be the one to have to spell it out to you,but you are obviously labouring under the misapprehension that your significance is important,it's really not,and you'd do well to understand that.

Even if you have these thoughts,surely a gentleman would keep these types of thoughts to himself,rather than publish them for all to see.....so be off with you....btw,no offence.

The DangerDogz CloD Server was very much appreciated and FT we are in your debt Sir.....I too would also like extend my thanks for your endless creativity and work in bringing to us all a superb server,over the years,it will be most sorely missed,hats off to you FT.
    Last edited by Meaks; May-16-2021 at 16:25.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

2. Likes DD_FT, palker, Little Bill liked this post
    Dislikes Pans disliked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    To come on here and rubbish that creativity without a second thought to the creator is just sheer crass IMHO.I am sorry to be the one to have to spell it out to you,but you are obviously labouring under the misapprehension that your significance is important,it's really not,and you'd do well to understand that.

Even if you have these thoughts,surely a gentleman would keep these types of thoughts to himself,rather than publish them for all to see.....so be off with you....btw,no offence.
    Ouch! Dude, tone it down a notch! 8-) Everyone is entitled to their opinion. it is, after all, a public forum.

Regards,
    Kendy
    Last edited by Kendy for the State; May-16-2021 at 16:54. Reason: Post not complete for some reason.

4. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post

Even if you have these thoughts,surely a gentleman would keep these types of thoughts to himself,rather than publish them for all to see....
    In Italy we say " You don't practise what you preach "
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

6. Likes Aelfric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    I never use the other views, but I can see that a person could cheat by using them
    Calling it a cheat to use outside views is unfair. Players using server-side settings you chose as server-owner like external views, or taking control of an existing AI aircraft, are not 'cheating' as the options are available to all players. Players who choose to join an open-views server and fly as if it was full-real will be at a disadvantage, but to characterise using the game interface to its full as cheating is a mistake.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Calling it a cheat to use outside views is unfair. Players using server-side settings you chose as server-owner like external views, or taking control of an existing AI aircraft, are not 'cheating' as the options are available to all players. Players who choose to join an open-views server and fly as if it was full-real will be at a disadvantage, but to characterise using the game interface to its full as cheating is a mistake.
    Sorry, poor choice of words.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

9. Likes Bonditaria, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Thanks for the nice words and compliments guys, I appreciate it!

I'll now report this post, so a moderator can lock the thread ... the DangerDogz servers are shutdown, and there's no point in discussing them further in this thread.

Thank you to all who joined and had fun on the servers - I am happy and honored by your replies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Different strokes for different folks.

Speaking for ATAG, we were very sorry to see the DD_ servers end. We owe a great deal of appreciation to DD_FT for keeping them running as long as they did, and to the Danger Dogz squad as a whole for creating them. Kudos to Kendy for creating the VCAF server and keeping this important genre alive.

Although I understand where Mr Steven is coming from, the DD_ servers - and now the VCAF - server fulfills a vital role in bringing new players into the multiplayer arena in addition to providing a vital facility for veteran players with plentiful opportunity to hone their skills. Having a ton of fun in so doing is a welcome bonus.

At the other end of the spectrum are the TWC servers which exact a huge challenge for the most accomplished players without sacrificing on the fun factor. The work that Fatal, Flug, and the TWC squad have put into their campaigns is nothing short of phenomenal. Here, too, a vital niche is being filled for those who seek the ultimate in immersion.

The ATAG Allies vs Axis and TFS#3 servers provide “a sandbox” - full switch with very straightforward mission objectives. Currently with minimal AI, but the whole mission set for both servers are under review - stay tuned.

I appreciate the passion each of us feel towards our chosen sim, but I ask that we all keep in mind that this is a video game (I know....SACRILEGE, SNAPPER!.....OK, OK - “cutting edge WW2 flight combat simulation”) which as individuals we each enjoy in our own way. Let’s keep it real and agree to disagree on various aspects - please keep any flaming off the forum and strictly with incendiaries within the sim itself.

Cheers and warmest regards to all.

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910