Thread: BOS questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

BOS questions

Hi

So I built a new pc and after having this sim for a long long time I finally decided to give it a go over the weekend.

It all runs fine but some noob questions if I may.

Is anything clickable in the cockpit. My mouse seems locked/slaved to views and as I use TIR it does nothing.

109 trim, I have assigned trim nose up/down on the hotas but it doesn't seem to work. Is this a function of set elevator tabs at takeoff and no elevator trim as such? Cant get it to work.

109 Rads, in a quick mission offline I can control my radiators (oil/H20) but online it doesn't work, tried a few servers, I must be missing something here.

Engine health, I'm upsetting the mechanics by popping more than my fair share of engines. I'm a BOS noob so part of the learning curve. Is it time based at a power setting or temperature based that is doing this. I have read the pilot notes so can see the recommendations for power settings/time, but trying to understand what I can push it to.

FOV quick views like in COD, Delete, End, Page Down keys, can't find that setting in BOS, are they there somewhere.

Zoom in out, can you change the speed in an ini file to your taste?

I'm sure I will think of a few more, but any input on the above appreciated.

Thanks
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

2. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: BOS questions

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Is anything clickable in the cockpit. My mouse seems locked/slaved to views and as I use TIR it does nothing.
    No, BoS public target don't want/need "clickpits".
    An exception is bombsight interface, because is not part of plane 3D, but an overlay screen like map, there is need use mouse click, buttons/keys are not allowed.
    Mouse indeed control camera - if for no other reason for convenience of "mouse pilots".
    But TrackIR work OK, probable matter of binding. Don't remember ... I ending shelving my TrackIR, give me headaches.

109 trim, I have assigned trim nose up/down on the hotas but it doesn't seem to work. Is this a function of set elevator tabs at takeoff and no elevator trim as such? Cant get it to work.
    Assign keys/buttons or an axis (what is an exception for Bf 109, MC202, Ju 52...) for "Adjustable stabilizer axis", not for "Pitch trim up" (and down) - this is for other planes of game, and allow use only buttons/keys.

BTW - For whatever reason Fw 190 use different command names for "trim", is "Adjustable stabilizer up" and "Adjustable stabilizer down".
    But you can use the same keys/buttons/HAT for all this kinds of "trim" adjust.

109 Rads, in a quick mission offline I can control my radiators (oil/H20) but online it doesn't work, tried a few servers, I must be missing something here.
    Probable this servers are in "NORMAL" mode, when "engine aids" are ON and a "virtual co-pilot" control this functions for you.

Engine health, I'm upsetting the mechanics by popping more than my fair share of engines. I'm a BOS noob so part of the learning curve. Is it time based at a power setting or temperature based that is doing this. I have read the pilot notes so can see the recommendations for power settings/time, but trying to understand what I can push it to.
    In Bf 109 the "emergency power" is controlled by throttle lever - like in RL Bf 109 and not a "gamey" WEP button of il-2:46/CloD; and is time based, so don't leave throttle in 100% all time.
    The "Technochat" (that intrusive HUD) give you advice about. In EXPERT mode servers this "aids" is turned off.

FOV quick views like in COD, Delete, End, Page Down keys, can't find that setting in BOS, are they there somewhere.
    Bo'X dont have this settings, after all has "zoom" from day 1 - what 46/CloD don't have, hence need of FOV 30, 60, 90 [~110 in TF CloD]); but you can create an similar setting adjust camera "zoom) speed.

Zoom in out, can you change the speed in an ini file to your taste?
    Adjusting speed in "camera" or "pilot head".
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-29-2019 at 11:56.

4. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Thx 1lokos

Appreciate the clarifications.
    Seems I can only find 'normal' servers around, at least the ones with anyone flying in them.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

...About the terribly slow speed of the zoom in\out view...

I've found a solution to have it faster, finally ( even if not 100% optimal, I'm still playing with it ).

You need to set the zoom in\out view on a joystick axis and then playing with the axis curves to fine adjust it following your preferences.! Finally fast now!!!

In the game instead set the parameters in this way ( Click on the thunbnail to enlarge the picture. The settings of interest are the ones on the right under Pan camera Mode and the ones at the top ):

view settings.png
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; May-03-2019 at 08:00.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes farley, Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

The two main online servers you will find CloD community pilots in appears to be:

Wings of Liberty - 80+ players. Map shows only your planes position to help as Nav aid, no icons
    Combat box server. - 80+ No icons or aids. “Fullreal”

There is also a “fullreal” Campaign server called “TAU” which is popular. Requires sign up.

Depending on aircraft chosen there are engine management concerns which must be attended to. BOS requires you to setup keymapping for each aircraft/type flown if you want to ensure you have the right settings for your aircraft. Some share these settings.

Important key mapping depending on aircraft chosen

Oil radiator
    Water radiator
    Fuel mixture
    Inlet cowlings(specific aircraft)
    Outlet cowling(specific aircraft)
    Arming bombs/rockets(specific aircraft)
    Dropping or firing bombs/rockets (specific aircraft)
    Tail wheel lock (specific aircraft)

There are different engine management requirements for allied and axis aircraft and even inside one sides various engine types.

Learning on your own can be daunting and your experience so far is the norm.

Check out Requiems YouTube vids on BOS startups etc, it will save you mucho grief.
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; May-03-2019 at 02:56.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Thx Molders and Sp00k

Pretty sure I tried Wings of Liberty and Combat bo.
    My CEM works offline with the keybindings I have for oil and H2O rads, just no input online, I'll have another crack at it on the weekend again

10. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Hi

So I built a new pc and after having this sim for a long long time I finally decided to give it a go over the weekend.
    Hey Vlerkies! I am way late to the party on this thread, but just wanted to offer up TWC comms on Discord if you’re interested in flying with us. I would also recommend checking out other Discord channels for BoX - There are quite a few. Hope to see you in-game!

https://discord.gg/YZpbhFD

12. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Hello to everyone.today bos start.I have a problem alone.camera zoom just the head of the pilot.Is there any other solution.this way it's very slow.if you help me i will be very happy.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

hello everyone.with la 5 taxi ,landing. take off I want to work.but quıkmıssıons starts in the air.How can I start airport.I will be very happy if you can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Select single plane icon on map then where you select plane at the bottom of window you can select parked.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ekoksk View Post
    HI have a problem alone.camera zoom just the head of the pilot.
    You mean the adjust with PageUp/PageDown keys?

If is, this just adjust pilot "head" position inside cockpit, that allow save custom positions, adjusting and Pressing F10 - so don't press this keys never, unless you know what are doing, or better remap for Alt+F10.

The (gamey) zoom is Camera adjust, by default in (keypad) key_add/key_subtract, you can adjust the speed playing with camera Inertia, etc. slider.

Since each command of GB (Bo'X') allow set up to three keys/buttons combinations, add for example, HAT UP/HAT DOW for adjust (if use Headtrack for POV control).

...quıkmıssıons starts in the air.How can I start airport.
    When select a Quick Mission, look at end of the menu at left in what select the aircraft, here you can change mission for

Runaway - plane spawn on runway, engine on, warmed-up.
    Parked- Plane spawn on parking position, engines off.

BTW - Now (v. 3.101) if are not using engines "aids" (Engine Auto Control, Throttle Auto Limit, Cruise Control...) for cold start of engines you need set Mixture and RPM (in planes that are available) in Rich and Fine respectively, then press "E".
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-23-2019 at 16:38.

17. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Here's how to do that, ekoksk:

Quick Mission Options.JPG

Quick Mission Options2.JPG

Have fun!

19. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like