Thread: Hello!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello!

Greetings to everyone,

I may not fit best amongst you people as I don't play Cliffs of Dover, but this place was recommended for me by one of your members. But what could be seen connecting between you and me, is that I'm a flight simulation enthusiast like I could imagine most of you are here.

You could expect me to post at least one thread / build log here, where I'll be presenting a modification for Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttle controller, so it would suit space ship simulation (Star Citizen) better than it does unmodified. I'll try to find the most suiting category available by the time it's finished, any suggestions for that are welcome.

If I'll know how to post an image here, you could expect see an image of a prototype build below:
    prototype.jpg

The handle that will be seen in the future build log will be more of a refined version.

Btw, the security question was really tough one for someone who is not familiar with the main context of this forum

Nice to meet you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: Hello!

Hello Freezeware… really glad you made it !

Bit of background here for the viewers….

I recently sold a broken TM Warthog Throttle to Freezeware on the bay… he is making stuff for Star Citizen.

(I got the throttle from ATAG_Vampire... which was a door stop… and I just couldn’t be bothered to re wire it to a arduino…. )

Freezeware bought it… and somehow resurrected it to fully functioning !! YEY !

Anyhow… we got talking about self build stuff and I managed to convince him to come here… and check out the builds and posts by 1Lokos, Marco, Zeb etc….

Now all you lot have to do is convince him to jump in a plane !

Welcome Freezeware! To the best flight sim forum I know of

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    325.57 MB

I would also like to say 'hello'.

There are several self-build, DIY types on this forum and seeing other people's work is always inspirational.

I've just picked up a Thrustmaster Topgun joystick, its the gameport version but I only want the grip for a Huey cyclic build - probably!

Hope to see your work progress.

~S~
    Possunt quia posse videntur (They can because they think they can) - 19 Squadron (originally Virgil)

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    ...........I recently sold a broken TM Warthog Throttle to Freezeware on the bay… he is making stuff for Star Citizen.

(I got the throttle from ATAG_Vampire... which was a door stop… and I just couldn’t be bothered to re wire it to a arduino….
    Welcome to the ATAG forum Freezeware.

Nice to see my old doorstop is doing valuable service in another role.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I would also like to say 'hello'.

There are several self-build, DIY types on this forum and seeing other people's work is always inspirational.

I've just picked up a Thrustmaster Topgun joystick, its the gameport version but I only want the grip for a Huey cyclic build - probably!

Hope to see your work progress.

~S~
    gotta love a good helicopter setup...

I have to rebuild my collectice again... because I changed my chair !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    gotta love a good helicopter setup...

I have to rebuild my collectice again... because I changed my chair !

I bought a new chair about a year back as well, it didn't work with my flight setup so I showed it the door... My wife uses it now more than I intended

7. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

A big welcome to both of you freezware and Marco. Any flight sim enthusiast is always welcome here and there are more than a few who will be very interested in any stick mods u want share.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

9. Likes freezeware liked this post