Thread: Win 10 and confuser.ini

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Win 10 and confuser.ini - Solved

Solved.

Hello Peeps, the problem has been solved.
    Windows Defender has been overlooked despite thinking it had been disabled or has been looked at already by the one who had this issue.
    It might let people think they have no antivirus, whereas Windows 10 also comes with Windows Defender.

Hello there Folks. We need your help in the german Forum.

JG2Funkmech is having a problem with confuser.ini, his file from his older cliffs version is working fine.
    However once he tries to change and save the controls, his game goes black and crashes to desktop.

We isolated that it is indeed the confUser.ini by deleting only this file so to reset it to original controls from 4.55.
    His game then won't start with the original latest confUser.ini from 4.55.
    As his game crashes, the game is also unable to copy this file from steam folder to the documents 1C folder.

So in short

His old confUser.ini - works
    Saving new control - crash
    deleting/reset confUser.ini - crash on start.

Please visit this thread for the error file
    Last edited by Tibsun; Jun-18-2019 at 11:53. Reason: Solved

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: Win 10 and confuser.ini

If he would use his old confuser.ini to start the game, what happens if he goes to Options/Plane, and makes any change to any aircraft, and hits the OK button? The game immediately will try to save any changes into 'user.ini' - does this also cause a crash when it attempts to write into 'user.ini'?

If he can read from the folder but not write to it - is he still 'Administrator'?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-e55197053673

3. Likes mop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

You pointing me to an issue with admin rights in the documents, while he is clearly able to delete his files from documents.
    As far as I know, I was unable to save anything into my "old" confUser.ini and user.ini file.
    So to change anything saved in my old files would be undone at next restart.
    My own fix was to delete the old file so I was able to save changes in the fresh latest file without problems.
    So my advice to him was to delete the folder to make it reset and take a fresh 4.55 folder.
    Which led him to a crash without even getting in to the game.
    Until now we isolated, that the original confUser.ini file is the one that's causing him to crash.

My conclusion is that it might have to do with Win 10 and the latest TFS patch where changes to the controls has been taken, which makes controls being locked up and people are unable to save new controls in their old files.
    Our hope is that someone of TFS might be able to pin down that problem, as I can only isolate the issue with this original file and that he is using Win 10.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

This is mostly likely a permissions problem. Bonditaria suggests the most plausible turn of events.

Can you please provide the crash dump that was reported to Microsoft? Note that this will provide memory of the running program, although in this case I don't think there should be any personal information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mop View Post
    This is mostly likely a permissions problem. Bonditaria suggests the most plausible turn of events.

Can you please provide the crash dump that was reported to Microsoft? Note that this will provide memory of the running program, although in this case I don't think there should be any personal information.
    It's linked in the OP, if that's what you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Solved.

Hello Peeps, the problem has been solved.
    Windows Defender has been overlooked despite thinking it had been disabled or has been looked at already by the one who had this issue.
    It might let people think they have no antivirus, whereas Windows 10 also comes with Windows Defender.