Thread: Questions about WOTR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Questions about WOTR

I'm curious about WOTR, but I do have a number of questions. I apologise if any of these questions are covered on the WOTR website and I have just missed the information.

Does WOTR still have an actual dependency on CFS3 beyond licencing?

Story time: One of the things that put me off WOFF many moons ago was that, besides what seemed like an exorbitant cost for a mod (didn't it used to be about $60 or $80, or am I just imagining things?), it required an install of Combat Flight Simulator 3 but I could never get it to start on my PC at the time, so I never wanted to risk taking the plunge with WOFF. I see that times have changed and the requirements for both WOFF and WOTR now say: "It is not needed to physically install it, but please make sure you own a copy." If the game is not required to be installed, or even the disc in the drive, how does it check you have a copy?

Are the problems mapping VKB joysticks fully sorted out?

How is the current state of the game? It's obviously still a work in progress, so is there any firm idea of what other flyable aircraft will be added to the base game?

Is there a full campaign mode for both RAF and Luftwaffe?

Again, sorry for all the questions, but if someone has the answers then maybe they'll also be useful for others to see here.

Cheers,

Pans

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Re: Questions about WOTR

Hmmmm maybe there all asleep Pans

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Does WOTR still have an actual dependency on CFS3 beyond licencing?

--- NO

Story time: One of the things that put me off WOFF many moons ago was that, besides what seemed like an exorbitant cost for a mod (didn't it used to be about $60 or $80, or am I just imagining things?), it required an install of Combat Flight Simulator 3 but I could never get it to start on my PC at the time, so I never wanted to risk taking the plunge with WOFF. I see that times have changed and the requirements for both WOFF and WOTR now say: "It is not needed to physically install it, but please make sure you own a copy." If the game is not required to be installed, or even the disc in the drive, how does it check you have a copy?

---- Well WOFF UE has 80 flyable aircraft 6500 fully researched historical skins, the best WW1 dynamic campaign bar none, and a lot more stuff so for many that's worth $80, especially in a niche market. Currently, it's peanuts for all that, at $29.99.

-----You are required to own CFS3, it doesn't physically check no. Whilst WOFF and WOTR both run great on Windows 10, the original CFS3 needs tweaks and the DX9 shader mod to make it run well on Windows 10, so even MS wouldn't expect you to install it. So they don't check the CFS3 disk or install, etc. It's an honor thing.

----- Yes I have a Ravcore Javaline (VBK clone) and it works fine. You can fly without configuring in abasic way, but obviously you need to bind the fire button etc given they are something like button 14 in windows !

How is the current state of the game? It's obviously still a work in progress, so is there any firm idea of what other flyable aircraft will be added to the base game?

----- Currently, there are 3 flyable aircraft Hurricane Mk I late, Bf109 E4, Spitfire Mk Ia. The Spitfire was added for free recently in a downloadable update. Any other aircraft that are released would not be free. Most people who fly it in the forums like it very much some positive comments on the forum and website. There was a PC Pilot Mag interview recently on WOTR, and a review coming at some point.

Is there a full campaign mode for both RAF and Luftwaffe?

----- YES as a Bf109 pilot.
    Last edited by Slice; May-16-2019 at 11:45.

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Pans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post

----- Yes I have a Ravcore Javaline (VBK clone) and it works fine. You can fly without configuring in abasic way, but obviously you need to bind the fire button etc given they are something like button 14 in windows !
    Although set button #14 (trigger) for fire weapons is a simple thing to do - unless games controls don't allow re-assign(?),
    for VKB Gladiator are available profiles in what triggers is button # 1.
    Not applicable for Ravcore Javelin because firmware of this OEM version is locked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Hi Slice,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, and also I notice your first post - welcome to the ATAG forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    ---- Well WOFF UE has 80 flyable aircraft 6500 fully researched historical skins, the best WW1 dynamic campaign bar none, and a lot more stuff so for many that's worth $80, especially in a niche market. Currently, it's peanuts for all that, at $29.99.
    Don't worry, I wasn't questioning the worth of WOFF; I know it's something that's had an awful lot of work put into it over many years. My reluctance was simply down to paying so much not knowing whether it would actually run on my machine!

I'm also pleased to hear that I wouldn't need to go digging in the garage to see if I still had CFS3!

Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Sorry Gents, real life has had me in a stranglehold lately. Slice, thank you very much taking the reins and answering all of JG52 Pan's question. That was most decent of you Sir. WOTR is a very good single player CFS Pan, hope you will try it or WOFF UE.

S!Blade<><

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    113.86 MB

I'd buy it in a second if it had VR support.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

I think the problem is if no one buys it then VR definitely won't come. In air combat sims, the sheer amount of time required to produce a finished deal with authentic or historical details, detailed accurate 3d models, detailed code for AI, good campaign, good multiplayer etc is usually more so than other types of games often with less sales. At least there are a handful of decent combat sims around at the moment but I doubt there will many in the near future. All these flight sims need support to carry on to add more.
    Some recent flight sims start with just a few aircraft and if you buy in they add more options over time, the "early access" mode is becoming the norm due to the need for more funding to keep going.