With the (hopefully soon) upcoming release of TF's Vickers Wellington, I had the thought of an idea for pilots who dared to brave the night skies in the RAF's legendary "Wimpy" in a multiplayer server setting.

Taking inspiration from servers such as GhostSkies and other campaign oriented servers, I thought it would be interesting if we could get crews formed for Wellington missions into occupied France, having players fill gunner, bombardier positions to form semi-permanent crews that would fly together on a regular basis, even having custom skins with names and nose art for that specific crew. I also thought it would be interesting to go one step further and have players act as operations officers and plan sorties and create briefings based on recon photos and flights flown by players in a PRU. On the other side, I envision Bf 110 and 109 pilots prowling the skies to combat these sorties, with there also being command roles for intel and the like.

I was able to find a couple RAF Bomber Command squadrons that flew Wellingtons from airfields depicted on the CloD map during the time period, such as 12 and 40 Squadrons out of RAF Eastchurch, 57 and 15 Squadrons out of RAF Wyton (just out of map boundary north of London) and 109 Squadron out of RAF Boscombe Down. There is also the option to create a fictional squadron. I don't believe any NJG's were based out of airfields depicted on the map, so a solution would have to be rectified there.

I am posting this just to gauge interest and collect suggestions/concerns/insight into whether the idea is even possible and/or worth pursuing.

Thanks for your interest and happy flying!