Thread: Bomber Command: Training #1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Bomber Command: Training #1

Bomber Command Training Poster #1.jpg

Welcome pilots, air gunners, and bombardiers!

We have our first Bomber Command event coming up, one week from our next Tiger Moth Shoot-up! Join us on Team Speak on the 8th of June, 2030 GMT (Time may be adjusted in future, but for the nature of the first event it would be good to have a little extra time)

The first Bomber Command event will be training for pilots/bombardiers, currently in the Blenheim MK IV Late. The core of our first training event will be familiarisation, formation flying and air navigation. Depending on time we will hopefully get on to working with the good ol' MK IX Course-setting Bomb site.
    This I do say as I am not entirely sure what the time frame will look like for the training, but the first event will also be serving as a bit of a test to see how it will work.

Don't be put off by the navigation component if you aren't too numbers savvy, as it will be the basic principles and perhaps a little on how to draw up a rudimentary "route plan."

In regards to formation flying we will hopefully be able to cover three different kinds of formation flying; Line Abreast, Single file, and a defensive formation which I would like to test and/or grab some input on

For pilots a joystick is preferable, but if anyone would like to come along and watch (stick or not) we will have some empty turrets for all who wish to come for a ride, so long as you behave yourselves

Old timers are absolutely welcome, along with their input from experience!

Anyone who wishes to join as a pilot (pilots will be doubling as bombardiers for this event so that we can all get full circle training) simply post a salute in this thread and we will put you down (Spectators can mention as such in their post)

Input from all is welcome in this forum post for suggestions and/or queries.

Please come prepared with your controls bound.
    Here is a list of necessary bindings with my suggestion for the bind, you do not have to use my suggestion, but please have the functions bound.
    wheel chocks toggle - shift C
    Change crew position - C (or if easier bind specific keys for pilot and bombardier)
    Lean to gunsight - middle mouse
    Engine #1 select - 1
    Engine #2 select - 2
    All engines select - 0
    Toggle selected engine (ignition) - I
    Open radiator - Shift R
    Close radiator - Control R
    Prop pitch + W
    Prop pitch - S
    Elevator trim
    Rudder trim
    Elevator trim reset
    Rudder trim reset
    (I use num pad for my trim keys)
    Sight altitude increase - +
    Sight altitude decrease - -
    Sight velocity increase
    Sight velocity decrease
    Adjust sight left
    Adjust sight right

Don't be too concerned if you are new even to Cliffs, just give it a crack setting it up, and if you miss something or can't find a binding, check up with us when we start the event and we can offer a hand

Last edited by ATAG_TCP; May-26-2019 at 17:41.