Thread: Graphics issues

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    326.30 MB

Graphics issues

Hello everyone,
    I finally decided to post because there I do not know what to do.
    I am having problems with antialiasing. In the game I have a lot of aliasing and a lot of flickering textures. I followed a lot of advice on different forums without being able to solve the problem.
    I use nvidia inspector.
    I have a GTX 1060 6gb, I5 4690, 16Gb ddr3, Windows 7.
    What settings do you apply please?

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Re: Graphics issues

G'day Fred!

Just curious, but have you tried turning the anti-epilepsy filter off?

If so, would it be possible to grab a screenshot of the graphical issue?

4. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    326.30 MB

Hi TheChristianPilot,
    the anti-epileptic filter is disabled. With a screenshot we will not see the flicker. I would have to make a video. I will do it when I have time.
    Thank you for interest in my problem.

6. Likes SD_MBen, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fred901 View Post
    I followed a lot of advice on different forums without being able to solve the problem.
    I don't know what have you tried already, I can only repeat some advice that I read in this forum before.

- It is usually advised that the ingame AntiAliasing should not be used. If you would like to have AA, then use Nvidia Control Panel to add AA for Clod.

- Disable the Ingame Overlay function in everything that may have it. (Steam, Nvidia functions, etc.) Those may cause graphical issues.

- Delete the game cache folder regularly. (I delete it before every game start.)

- Which Nvidia driver do you use? Usually updating to the most recent one solves the problem, but sometimes rolling back to an earlier one is the key.

- Is the flickering only present with AA enabled? Can it be a hardware problem? (For example: artifacts appearing because graphics card memory overheating?)

I hope others will arrive soon with more experience in this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

Check this thread also (if you haven't already):
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ead.php?t=6534
    It's a little old, but maybe you can find something useful in there...

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    326.30 MB

Hi all,

I come back to this post because I know what is problematic.
    In fact if I add antialiasing from the control panel nvidia or nvidia inspector it does not affect the game. I put "override any application" and nothing happens in the game. I have the same thing for DCS. On the other hand for IL-2 great battle it works well. I do not know why ?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    498.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fred901 View Post
    Hi all,

I come back to this post because I know what is problematic.
    In fact if I add antialiasing from the control panel nvidia or nvidia inspector it does not affect the game. I put "override any application" and nothing happens in the game. I have the same thing for DCS. On the other hand for IL-2 great battle it works well. I do not know why ?
    I think the AA/AF filters don't work in this game,you can use the FXAA filter but it looks very blurry.I hope that after 10 years without working they can fix it someday

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    326.30 MB

I wonder how people do with their smooth graphics without aliasing? At home without antialiasing it is very ugly!

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hello Fred901

First up forgive me if this sounds like im teaching you to suck eggs but the flickering you describe isnt just screen tearing is it? I ask becuse AA does show in screenies whereas screen tear may not. If its present in the area of the prop or when you move you head then its screen tearing and can be resolved using either in game or Nvidia Vsync. I note you have the epilespy filter on so the prop tearing wouldnt be present.

Now to AA and FXAA

I assume you are playing at 1920x1080 or greater.

FXAA via the nvidia control panel/inspector is the only out of game AA that works. The ingame AA is on/off. A setting of 2 or more will turn it on but going higher than 2 will not currently increase the effect. Not sure where the advice not to use the ingame AA comes from unless thats a post 4.5 issue. In game AA affects the spotting less than FXAA. Dependent upon your montior, a little less sharpness can help but reduces the ability to spot (as does FXAA). FXAA is like vaseline on the lens to me and i was never a fan of the Littlest Hobo.

If reshade still works with Clod the FXAA there is adjustable so you can perhaps find a compromise between spotting and jagglies.

Forcing 16X ansiotropic filter has a small positive effect but doesnt really add anything to the AA per se just thought id mention it.

A 1060 will provide you a little overhead in most scenes to perhaps try DSR (again depending on what resolution you currently run) but not much and you would likely have to reduce some other settings if you tried this. My old 1060 was at its limit post Blitz with high settings even at 1080p.

The latest nivida driver may not necessarily produce the best results but equally, very rarely produces worse results so there is no harm in trying them out provided you know the version of your last good driver. For me 425.31 released early this year appears to still be the best 10 series driver for my personal needs (mainly DCS on a GTX 1080 these days) but this could be different for Clod.

Deleting you cache isnt necessary unless you have an obvious graphical issue. This used to be standard advice but im sure Buzzsaw has said on many occasions it is something of a placebo.

The epilepsy "filter" removes the prop animation. Very little more. Useful if the stutter when people join or leave MP bugs you or (obviously) you live with the condition but nothing at all to do with AA.

The bottom line is that currently it aint perfect so you will always have some evidence of AA unless you perhaps go 4K.

Good luck

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post