Thread: Quick Opentrack Question

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

Quick Opentrack Question

Maybe there is no fix to this and I cant have it both ways but here goes anyway...

When I turn my head (yaw or pitch), my viewpoint translates on the Z axis unless I am already centred on Z over the seat and default position. Really annoying when tracking a target and turning/looping. I can stop this annoying effect by ticking the Disable Z axis Compensation Option (Trackhat Opentrack) but what this then means is I have to move forward to increase my FOV when checking my 6. I just cant get used to this (moving forward to move back) in the heat of an engagement.
    Is there a fix for this in either Trackhat Opentrack or standard Opentrack (preferred)? Many thanks for any tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Quick Opentrack Question

Quote Originally Posted by mcbailey1 View Post
    Maybe there is no fix to this and I cant have it both ways but here goes anyway...

When I turn my head (yaw or pitch), my viewpoint translates on the Z axis unless I am already centred on Z over the seat and default position. Really annoying when tracking a target and turning/looping. I can stop this annoying effect by ticking the Disable Z axis Compensation Option (Trackhat Opentrack) but what this then means is I have to move forward to increase my FOV when checking my 6. I just cant get used to this (moving forward to move back) in the heat of an engagement.
    Is there a fix for this in either Trackhat Opentrack or standard Opentrack (preferred)? Many thanks for any tips
    I used Opentrack before transitioning to TrackIR.
    If I remember correctly you can set the sensitivity curves at will.
    Did you try to flatten the Z axis curve?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    I used Opentrack before transitioning to TrackIR.
    If I remember correctly you can set the sensitivity curves at will.
    Did you try to flatten the Z axis curve?

Hi there. I have set large dead zones in the Z axis, to keep me centred over the seat most of the time (and I really need to lean in or out to translate in Z axis). This prevents unwanted Z translation most of the time when rotating up/around (RX/RY) but I really dont like big dead zones, as it makes it seem "jumpy" when the curve engages. I will experiment with flat Z curves for low movement instead of dead zones. I also have asked the author of Opentrack on the Github forum. If I get anything useful back I will post it here

Many thanks

4. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by mcbailey1 View Post
    Hi there. I have set large dead zones in the Z axis, to keep me centred over the seat most of the time (and I really need to lean in or out to translate in Z axis). This prevents unwanted Z translation most of the time when rotating up/around (RX/RY) but I really dont like big dead zones, as it makes it seem "jumpy" when the curve engages. I will experiment with flat Z curves for low movement instead of dead zones. I also have asked the author of Opentrack on the Github forum. If I get anything useful back I will post it here

Many thanks
    If you understand french you can check this video out https://youtu.be/g4F7z6lh_PE

First half or so is on how to build a DIY tracker, and second half goes about how to best set Opentrack up with some good hints.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    If you understand french you can check this video out https://youtu.be/g4F7z6lh_PE

First half or so is on how to build a DIY tracker, and second half goes about how to best set Opentrack up with some good hints.

Also you can try this Opentrack .ini file which the guy who did this video prepared for CLOD. This is the setting I was using and it worked fine with me.

IL2 CLOD.zip

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

Many thanks again. Very helpful. I will check all of this out

10. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post