Thread: Custom Skins Enabled on the ATAG Server!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Custom Skins Enabled on the ATAG Server!

Hey everyone,

After some testing in the Tiger Moth Shoot Out tournies, we have enabled custom skins on a trial basis in the ATAG Server. This will be of special interest to squads, plus those gifted individuals with creative painting talent.

A couple of requests:

1) Please keep your custom skins to 500K (or less) in size to avoid stutters, freezes, or lags for everyone upon spawning in.

2) Please keep your custom skins “historically plausible” so as not to ruin the immersion of your fellow players. This means no neon pink 109’s or Hurricanes with bright yellow noses. But now those 110 pilots can sport their beloved shark’s jaws, and squads can carry their distinctive insignia.

We’ll try this for awhile and see if all runs OK.

Cheers!

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Re: Custom Skins Enabled on the ATAG Server!

Awesome!

The Italian Stallions will have to put this to the test.

I’ll double check the size, and compress if necessary.

The 119th will love this.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.49 MB

That's no fun to restrict the talent that some of us have in making wild colors on there aircraft. That's what I like about doing reskins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Logan20163 View Post
    That's no fun to restrict the talent that some of us have in making wild colors on there aircraft. That's what I like about doing reskins.
    It’s for the greater good, old chap. Haven’t you heard? There’s a war on, mate!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    It’s for the greater good, old chap. Haven’t you heard? There’s a war on, mate!

...b-but how can you fight a war without neon pink with yellow polka dot Blenheims?
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.49 MB

Right! Showing our true colors on our planes are what makes it fun to play, I'm more into the non-historical(Fictional skinning as I like coming up with different colors and blending them to make the planes stand out from the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Logan20163 View Post
    HaHaHa. The Red Baron’s great grandson strikes again.

You may have to keep it in the DD hanger along with my Zebra Spitfire and aluminum foil Moth.lol