Thread: Loosing all key and joy stick mappings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.52 MB

Loosing all key and joy stick mappings

Hi there Everyone,

I'm just going to throw this out and hope someone has a solution, as I'm rather annoyed ( as I'm sure one would be) that I'm loosing all my key and axis mappings after a certain period of time. I've re assigned my keys and axis a number of times after loosing them, only to find out they have been erased when I load up the game again after sometime of inactivity. If someone has a clue or some help, I'll be most grateful if you could drop some pointers.

On another point, in the 1C Softclub file folder, I have 2 IL2 Sturmovik files cliffs of dover files. One is IL2 Sturmovik COD and the other is IL2 COD -Mods. Is this an issue?

Thanks everyone and have a happy weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Re: Loosing all key and joy stick mappings

When you set them up again, go to your config.ini file, right click on it, select properties and then hit "read only"

That way no matter what you play with, the game wont change until you "un-read protect" that file.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

3. Likes snafury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by snafury View Post
    Hi there Everyone,

I'm just going to throw this out and hope someone has a solution, as I'm rather annoyed ( as I'm sure one would be) that I'm loosing all my key and axis mappings after a certain period of time. I've re assigned my keys and axis a number of times after loosing them, only to find out they have been erased when I load up the game again after sometime of inactivity. If someone has a clue or some help, I'll be most grateful if you could drop some pointers.

On another point, in the 1C Softclub file folder, I have 2 IL2 Sturmovik files cliffs of dover files. One is IL2 Sturmovik COD and the other is IL2 COD -Mods. Is this an issue?

Thanks everyone and have a happy weekend
    I used to have a similar problem then I realized that this happened each time I used a different USB port for the Keyboard or flight controls.

It seems a different unique identifier is assigned to a device when plugged in a different port, so the game does not recognize it. Try plugging your device in a different port and see if it gets recognized.

My solution was to use a USB hub on which I marked where each device would go (T for throttle, J for joystick, P for pedals, C for trackIR), and I make sure to always plug the hub to the same port on the PC. Same with keyboard, I have a wireless one, and I always plug the dongle in the same USB port.

Since then I never lost my bindings.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

5. Likes Baffin, snafury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Did you switch off auto update on steam?
    that does a file check once in a while, reverting all your files to their initial data
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

7. Likes snafury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Even if you "Shut Down" with the windows command, USB ports remain powered as long as AC line power is ON at the computer wall plug. If you turn off the AC line power with a wall switch or by unplugging or have a power failure, the USB ports MAY reinitialize when you repower the machine. This MAY change the addresses of the USB ports, requiring you to remap many controls in CLoD.

My solution was to buy an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). That way, the computer never becomes totally unpowered, even if the power to your home fails.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jun-08-2019 at 10:21.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

9. Likes snafury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.52 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    When you set them up again, go to your config.ini file, right click on it, select properties and then hit "read only"

That way no matter what you play with, the game wont change until you "un-read protect" that file.
    Thanks so much for the pointers ! I'll definitely give a try after setting it all again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.52 MB

Red face Re: Loosing all key and joy stick mappings

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    I used to have a similar problem then I realized that this happened each time I used a different USB port for the Keyboard or flight controls.

It seems a different unique identifier is assigned to a device when plugged in a different port, so the game does not recognize it. Try plugging your device in a different port and see if it gets recognized.

My solution was to use a USB hub on which I marked where each device would go (T for throttle, J for joystick, P for pedals, C for trackIR), and I make sure to always plug the hub to the same port on the PC. Same with keyboard, I have a wireless one, and I always plug the dongle in the same USB port.

Since then I never lost my bindings.
    Hi Noofy, this does make sense. i'm going to run down the solutions given and try each out if the previous one doesn't solve the issue. Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.52 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    Did you switch off auto update on steam?
    that does a file check once in a while, reverting all your files to their initial data
    I believe the auto update is still on in the steam files. I did have a look at the update as I realised that it syncs after you exit the game. It was an annoying issue really but hopefully i'll sort out soon. Thanks Nightdare

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.52 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Even if you "Shut Down" with the windows command, USB ports remain powered as long as AC line power is ON at the computer wall plug. If you turn off the AC line power with a wall switch or by unplugging or have a power failure, the USB ports MAY reinitialize when you repower the machine. This MAY change the addresses of the USB ports, requiring you to remap many controls in CLoD.

My solution was to buy an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). That way, the computer never becomes totally unpowered, even if the power to your home fails.
    Thanks for the pointers hints. Yeah I'm going to run down the list of replies I got and try each one if the previous is unsuccessful.