Thread: Trouble (re)setting up VPC Throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Trouble (re)setting up VPC Throttle

So I'm slowly working towards getting cleared for duty again and am currently busy fixing VorpX after a false alarm in Windows Defender

But the biggest headache is my throttle

And to be precise: Calibrating the axes
    The dials on the base calibrate perfectly, they go from 0-16000 value

everything else, handles and dial on the grip, hover around a certain value, none seem to go the full range of data
    In the windows USB settings, when viewing normal movement, everything seems to go 0-max fine
    But when calibrating, I'm looking at values not below 100% (even as far as 500% as seen in the attachments)

What's going on and is anyone able to gimme a hand on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Trouble (re)setting up VPC Throttle

Don't calibrate any joystick in windows Game Controllers, unless he don't have proper calibration software.*

Use manufacturer software.

* And for this cases are DVIew, that is better option than the ancient Windows applet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Don't calibrate any joystick in windows Game Controllers, unless he don't have proper calibration software.*

Use manufacturer software.

* And for this cases are DVIew, that is better option than the ancient Windows applet.
    I only opted for it after I was unable to achive zero-maximum raw data
    and here in the pics it's for reference only
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Still can't get the thing to work correctly
    already removed everything from the computer, and I still -at best, can only get it to work with a narrow band of the raw data

Attached are pics of the minimum and maximum values

Maximum physical position of all axis.jpg

Minimum physical position of all axis.jpg

As you can see: dial and slider do go from zero to max value
    rX, rY, rZ and Z are way off
    Last edited by Nightdare; Jun-16-2019 at 21:42.
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Fixed

The problem was the idiot working the software (<- me)
    Note to self to save VPC device after making a change
    Je Maintiendrai