Thread: CLOD Blitz failure to launch

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.88 MB

CLOD Blitz failure to launch

I cannot get the game to launch past the first banner and a second of black screen , then it just goes back to the desktop.
    I have emptied the Cache in the Softclub folder and uninstalled and reinstalled the game too ,
    I've shut off Windows Antivirus even though it's allowed past the firewall in settings ..
    I have no other ideas...
    has any one else had these issues with just this steam game ? . IL 1942 and BOS load and play just fine , thanks
    Artie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: CLOD Blitz failure to launch

Quote Originally Posted by DD_Artie View Post
    I cannot get the game to launch past the first banner and a second of black screen , then it just goes back to the desktop.
    I have emptied the Cache in the Softclub folder and uninstalled and reinstalled the game too ,
    I've shut off Windows Antivirus even though it's allowed past the firewall in settings ..
    I have no other ideas...
    has any one else had these issues with just this steam game ? . IL 1942 and BOS load and play just fine , thanks
    Artie
    Did you check the error messages in Windows' "Eventviewer"?
    That could be a first step in identifying what is causing the crashes.
    I had a similar issue at some point. For me it worked by updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Artie,
    Some more details would be helpful.
    What are your system specs including what OS u are running ?
    When did the game last work for u and has anything changed on your pc...eg new software, overlays, virtual machine, etc.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_Artie View Post
    I have no other ideas...
    Artie
    Do you have an old confuser.ini file that you might be able to copy into your 1C folder?
    A guy in the german forum with a similar problem is able to use an old confuser.ini to run it.
    The problem with his game is that he can't change controls cause it will crash the game.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Caused by Microsoft Windows Defender ...