Thread: Track Editor is fixed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Track Editor is fixed!

Hi everyone,

The intrepid fellas at Team Fusion Simulations have advised me that the Track Editor is fixed and fully operational.

I ran a few tracks myself online the ATAG Server to confirm - the Track Editor indeed enables external views after it processes your recorded track from the server. TFS also advises me that the Track Editor now works for ALL servers, not just ATAG!

I’ve sent a note to TWC asking them to consider disabling external views on one/all of their servers to try it out.

EDIT: They did and it does!

So...all you movie makers: get online, record some tracks, and post your videos!

Note: Just for fun, I recorded a track in Single Player where in Realism I had disabled external views. Sure enough, the Track playback wouldn’t show any external views. BUT....when I processed the same track though the Track Editor........EXTERNAL VIEWS!!!!

A BIG thank you to Team Fusion Simulations!

Snapper
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Jun-19-2019 at 08:47.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: Track Editor is fixed!

Great news! I'll try it out tonight.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Thanks Snapper, I will post in the FB pages amongst others.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I can confirm that the Track Editor works for the TWC Campaign Server as well.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Thanks Snapper, I will post in the FB pages amongst others.

Cheers,

Pattle
    That’ll be great, Pats.

Note to self: keep Pattle updated on stuff - he’ll get the word out!

7. Dislikes ATAG_Knight disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi Pattle. Our of interest, if the track editor code has now been deciphered, is it possible to have effects shown in replays too?
    Currently if engine realism is switched on in live play the exhaust flames are visible. When viewing a replay all exhaust effects are missing. This is a cool visual effect for movie makers, does it now work?

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 14:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Will it work for version 4.312 or only for BlitZ?
    Haven't tested it with any pre-4.55 tracks - but it should work with any track ever made with CloD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hi Pattle. Our of interest, if the track editor code has now been deciphered, is it possible to have effects shown in replays too?
    Currently if engine realism is switched on in live play the exhaust flames are visible. When viewing a replay all exhaust effects are missing. This is a cool visual effect for movie makers, does it now work?

Cheers, MP
    Flames are now visible on startup - startups tested in both ATAG & TWC servers. Clouds also visible; still need to test if searchlights appear in night missions - they didn’t with earlier version of the Track Editor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Sad news. Doesn't work (effects) for Single Player tracks

Just started a Single Player mission, recorded a very brief track. Engine realism on, engine exhaust flames showing in live play. Stopped recording. Played track back. No flame effects. Ran it through track editor/processor...same result, no engine effects/flames showing

Just wondering if there is a 'switch' in the code that allows engine effects to be seen? Cheers, MP

(99% of my movies are created offline and losing effects hurts )
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Will take a look later at Single Player; very strange.

This is a quick look at online start up effects in the ATAG and TWC servers:

14. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Appreciate it Snapper, hope it can be fixed, plenty of films still to make

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

The exhaust flames have always been missing in tracks,

and are not the subject of the thread...

IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion - Feature Request #813

External view available in Multiplayer Recorded Tracks

Is it possible, when watching recorded tracks, to have the external view always available regardless the Server Difficulty Configuration from where the Track was recorded?
    This is very useful for all player from Movie makers to tactical lovers guys.
    Il 2-46 had it and it was perfect.
    I'd want this to be a server side setting. Environments such as SoW would be ruined by the ability to simply record a track and then use it to find out where each squadron was based etc.
    https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/813

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    The exhaust flames have always been missing in tracks,

and are not the subject of the thread...

https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/813
    Snapper seemed to indicate they do show in tracks created online and run through the track editor? So am I not allowed to ask questions now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    That’ll be great, Pats.

Note to self: keep Pattle updated on stuff - he’ll get the word out!
    Sorry, meant to like but using iPad and hit wrong button

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

19. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

All questions re Track Editor are fine in this thread.

I created a very basic Single Mission in the FMB, spawned a Hurricane Rotol 100 Octane in Hawkinge. When playing it straight as a Single Mission the start up flame & smoke effects, plus the continuous flames orange/blue (with illumination effects of the flames on the cowling surrounding the exhaust stacks) are visible - as expected.

In Realism Options, I disabled External Views, then recorded a track. Playing this track

1) On start up you see the flames/smoke from inside the cockpit (per normal)
    2) After the start up no flames are visible (disappointing).

I then ran this track through the Track Editor to re-enable External Views. Playing this track

1a) On start up you see the flames/smoke from inside the cockpit (per normal)
    1b) After the start up no flames are visible from inside the cockpit (disappointing)

2a) On start up you see the flames/smoke from outside the aircraft (per normal)
    2b) After the start up no flames are visible from outside the cockpit (disappointing).

On a possibly related note, on a night mission searchlight beams which are highly visible when playing the live mission are no longer visible during track play, nor when the track is run through the Track Editor.

I will relay these findings to Team Fusion Simulations by way of updating the Bug Tracker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Snapper seemed to indicate they do show in tracks created online and run through the track editor? So am I not allowed to ask questions now?
    Snapper may not have indicated that at all, it is an interpretation. I wouldn't expect that TFS changing this website could somehow alter how the game works. Please, always ask whatever you want to ask!

All questions re Track Editor are fine in this thread.
    If I went bombing on the TWC Campaign server earlier today,
    and visited the enemy area while recording a track,
    then enabled external views on that track via this website,
    and then used the external views to spy on things and plan my next trip,
    all of which I did by the way as proof of concept,
    IS RECON BROKEN forever in campaign servers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Good question. We discussed the very real aspect of players cheating to unfairly get intel on an opponent.

1) With the ATAG server the maps only last 3 - 4 hours, so it would be possible to put a delay of several hours before the download of the edited track is made available. This would be a huge inconvenience for legit players (the vast majority) who simply wish to use the edited tracks to make movies.

2) In the case of TWC long-running campaigns, it’s easily possible to temporarily deny access to Campaign players to the Track Editor for the duration of the Campaign. However, that would not stop unscrupulous Campaign players from giving their recorded track files to a 3rd party to process on their behalf.

3) Another option may be to block TWC-recorded tracks in the Track Editor for the duration of the Campaign. Any movie-making - incorporating external views - would have to wait until the Campaign is over and TWC-generated tracks once again have access to the Track Editor.

I don’t know if (3) is even possible, but I will discuss with TFS if this can be done - it would be the best option.

Stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

We discussed the very real aspect of players cheating to unfairly get intel on an opponent.
    You’ve nailed it.

"Cheating" is when someone uses a feature that is not available to others.

If external views on tracks are available to all, then it is fair game, imho. Making the best use of it relies on everyone’s creativity in the matter.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Jun-20-2019 at 13:41.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

This is what happens in iL-2:46 "online wars" and the motive that lead to tracks in CloD MP have external views locked.

Unfortunately if an exploit possibility exist, someone will use in MP.

In Bo'X, targets in MP are hidden at map start and triggered for spawn when an enemy player fly near, what protect then from track record exploit.
    But a "RECON" exploit can be made by join in the server briefly, what download the mission files for player computer
    and by open the mission file in Mission Editor know location of enemy targets.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-20-2019 at 17:08.

25. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I’ve heard back from TFS.

It’s paramount that TWC Campaigns are not affected by the Track Editor. A solution is being worked on. At the very least, the Track Editor utility will be suspended for the duration of the TWC Campaign, then the Track Editor will be reactivated.

Stay tuned....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    You’ve nailed it.

"Cheating" is when someone uses a feature that is not available to others.

If external views on tracks are available to all, then it is fair game, imho. Making the best use of it relies on everyone’s creativity in the matter.
    Fair point.

I think in TWC’s case they should have that call to protect the integrity of their Campaign. We will do whatever they feel will be best.

28. Likes Bonditaria, ATAG_Noofy, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

So am I not allowed to ask questions now?
    That depends.

Is that a question?

Or are you just asking?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

30. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post