Thread: switching planes problem

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

switching planes problem

I have noticed that in the past as a bomber I could get several players in the plane as tail gunner , bombardier, etc but lately that has not been possible . when I hit escape and go back to the " lobby" I can see open positions in my plane only . others see only me as Pilot so they cannot join my aircraft and I can not join them as they only show PILOT to me . typically 2 people spawn in at an airfield and one moves into the others plane and off we ,great for bombers to teach and get help with gun positions etc.. I began looking and in the realism section of my set up I have several boxes checked like switch position ,switch plane and a few more . In the multiplayer games we fly; under OPTIONS none of these are checked . My question is were they before ?? maybe in pre Fusion times ?
    I think they need to be checked to switch into another persons plane but I am not sure and I can, t check them in the game . I know we used to be able to jump to another craft if we were with in about 10K in the air . it was possible if a bomber was going down to hop on another as a gunner it didn't happen a lot but was possible . At this point I am not sure if it is a problem with my settings or have the game settings been changed ? .I ask about it because I have noticed a few people are taking up bombing and it is a real good tool to be able to sit in the bombardier's seat and learn high alt bombing and controls . has any one else noticed that they can or cant jump in another bomber as crew ?? I don't have any Idea other than that realism setting why I can no longer get in another bomber if any body has an idea for me I'd appreciate or maybe a thought on the boxes not being checked thanks TGIF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Re: switching planes problem

Quote Originally Posted by tgif View Post
    I have noticed that in the past as a bomber I could get several players in the plane as tail gunner , bombardier, etc but lately that has not been possible . when I hit escape and go back to the " lobby" I can see open positions in my plane only . others see only me as Pilot so they cannot join my aircraft and I can not join them as they only show PILOT to me . typically 2 people spawn in at an airfield and one moves into the others plane and off we ,great for bombers to teach and get help with gun positions etc.. I began looking and in the realism section of my set up I have several boxes checked like switch position ,switch plane and a few more . In the multiplayer games we fly; under OPTIONS none of these are checked . My question is were they before ?? maybe in pre Fusion times ?
    I think they need to be checked to switch into another persons plane but I am not sure and I can, t check them in the game . I know we used to be able to jump to another craft if we were with in about 10K in the air . it was possible if a bomber was going down to hop on another as a gunner it didn't happen a lot but was possible . At this point I am not sure if it is a problem with my settings or have the game settings been changed ? .I ask about it because I have noticed a few people are taking up bombing and it is a real good tool to be able to sit in the bombardier's seat and learn high alt bombing and controls . has any one else noticed that they can or cant jump in another bomber as crew ?? I don't have any Idea other than that realism setting why I can no longer get in another bomber if any body has an idea for me I'd appreciate or maybe a thought on the boxes not being checked thanks TGIF

That’s not good at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Did you have this problem on your custom server or on public servers (like axis s aliases or twc campaign)?

Few weeks ago I was switching to my firends gunners position after my plane was shotdown. It was on twc campaign server.

If problem on your custom server, then check realism settings. This feature is switchable. (I can not tell how it named right now).
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Check in Options > Controls > Realism

If all options under "Aircraft Switch" is un-ticked.

http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/IL-2%20S...%20playing.jpg
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-20-2019 at 10:38.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

thanks for the hints folks it seems to be on the atag server not a private game etc I will set my realism boxes as it shows on your screen shot and try that . thanks for your suggestions TGIF