Thread: Mission with huge bomber formation

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    253.73 MB

Mission with huge bomber formation

Hi everyone!
    Have anyone created a mission with huge bomber formation (let's say at least 30-50 bombers or preferably more) and if so, can you post a link to this mission?
    Right now I'm flying il-2 box, but I got interested in this one, especially in context of incoming Tobruk.
    In il-2 box I've never seen formation bigger then ~10 aircraft. I heard that huge formations are possible in il-2 cod and I would love to check that and see how sim's engine and my computer can handle it.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Mission with huge bomber formation

Hi Maser and welcome to the forum.

Try this one - you are piloting a Spitfire MK1a 100 octane and you’re faced with 72 He111’s (and some other nasties - watch out for the...”snappers”! )

Enjoy!

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=203

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

3. Likes Dauntless, ATAG_Scones liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Just in case you don't know, copy the files into: MyDocuments\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    253.73 MB

Thank you so much ATAG_Snapper for your wonderful mission and Mysticpuma for creating missions especially for me! You guys are very helpful!
    I've tested both of them already and what I've noticed is that my cpu can't handle that (first gen i7-950, but graphics card should be fine gtx 1060 6gb). Even on lowest details and resolution, after merging with enemy bombers I get in between 3-12 fps. While testing with much smaller plane set and even on ATAG online (unfortunately also with just few players in the air) it is around 60 fps all the time.

But...from what I've seen playing your missions it is an AMAZING experience!! I really love it! I have to upgrade my cpu though.

And there is something in this graphics I can't describe properly that makes it look much more realistic in some respects to much newer il-2 box. I suspect it might be lighting or less filtered image, but it looks great. From low altitudes ground details and objects in general look better in il-2 box but at high altitude I can immerse more with this il-2 cod graphics.

I'm waiting for Tobruk now...and in meanwhile I wish for more players online

Thank you guys and see you in the skies!