Thread: Mfg crosswind rudder pedals

stow lincolnshire england 5 miles from RAF SCAMPTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.57 GB

Mfg crosswind rudder pedals

Ive just received a pair of MFG CROSSWIND PEDALS they are fantastic, but how do I make them less sensitive ie when I push the rudder the brakes come on and I only have to rest my feet on the pedals and the brakes come on, how do I fix this ? This is the first time ive used pedals. It appears that I don't actually have to press the pedals for the brakes to come on.

Thanks

Heinz

2. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Mfg crosswind rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by heinzknocke View Post
    Ive just received a pair of MFG CROSSWIND PEDALS they are fantastic, but how do I make them less sensitive ie when I push the rudder the brakes come on and I only have to rest my feet on the pedals and the brakes come on, how do I fix this ? This is the first time ive used pedals. It appears that I don't actually have to press the pedals for the brakes to come on.

Thanks

Heinz
    In your controls setting, make sure you assign your left-right toe brakes in the Axes menu, and increase the sensitivity (I have mine set to 1, but this is personal so try what works best for you).
    You can also set dead zones as appropriate so that the breaks do not go off until a certain amount of pressure is applied.

Good luck
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

4. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    293.36 MB

Congrats on getting the best [IMHO] rudder pedals in the world!

Like Noofy said, play with the sensitivity adjustments in the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by heinzknocke View Post

Thanks

Heinz
    You may want to configure the hardware... to adjust the brake pedal so you have to push harder:

stow lincolnshire england 5 miles from RAF SCAMPTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.57 GB

Thanks for the replies got the brakes sorted well sort of, they appear in the options screen and appear to work, but when I try to use them on the plane nothing no brakes. In the spitfire the dial that shows them working nothing happens, is there something im missing in the options page.

Heinz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

The RAF brakes work completely different to the Axis brakes.

The left and right toe brakes do not work on the RAF aircraft. In Options/Controls you have two options to operate RAF brakes. I’ve assigned an axis (the throttle lever on my joystick) to Brakes. This gives me the greatest control. To brake you simply deploy that axis lever; to turn you simultaneously use your rudder pedals (not the toe brakes) to steer in the desired direction.

You can also opt to assign a keyboard key or joystick button to Brakes. It’s a little bit trickier in that the key/button fully deploys the air brakes, easily flipping you on your nose if you’re moving. You very quickly learn to tap the key/button in rapid succession rather than hold the key/button down firmly, unless you’re almost fully stopped or in the process of steering with your rudder pedals.

Hope this helps.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Back in IL-2:46 days are common fake a mix of "toe brakes+differential brakes " for Il-2, Spitfire etc, by editing config files and duplicating the entry for "wheel brakes" and define in each one this lines one of brake pedal axis. In CloD will be something like this (in ConfUser.INI):

_VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-46A5DF5B+AXE_RX=-1brakes
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-46A5DF5B+AXE_RZ=-1brakes

I game, press right or left brake, this will brake both wheels and then move rudder for right for brake only right wheel. Same for left.

The drawback is if in game enter in controls options, this manual assignment is erased.

An less complicated way is use MFG Configurator software and then define that right and left brakes axis will press buttons. Function "Virtual Button" available in this software.

https://mfg.simundza.com/downloads

In CloD controls assign one this buttons, eg. the one in right brake pedal for "Wheel brakes", then select this command and click in NEW* will crate a new line for "Wheel brakes", assign the button in left brake pedal.

* This "NEW" copy work only for commands done by key/button, unfortunately don't work for axes commands.

The usage is too in "differential" way, press one of brake pedal, what brake both wheels, then move rudder for right (or left) for brake only one wheel.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jul-18-2019 at 01:36.