Thread: New modded clouds look so much more impressive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Jul-15-2019 at 02:42.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: New modded clouds look so much more impressive!

It is important to note that Il2:BoS does not follow a photorealistic style and goes for a touch of cartoon, this gets really obvious when looking at things like the Fw190 wheels, or the overall cockpit textures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperus View Post
    It is important to note that Il2:BoS does not follow a photorealistic style and goes for a touch of cartoon, this gets really obvious when looking at things like the Fw190 wheels, or the overall cockpit textures.
    I think this might be personal opinion, rather than something to note about 1C/777's direction with the series. I personally think that some of the IL-2: Great Battles series stuff looks quite photorealistic, especially in motion with the effects they've used. Or if not photorealistic, then at least looks like they're making the attempt, but I wouldn't say they're trying to be cartoon-like.

Also, not sure what that had to do with modded clouds.

They do look quite good, Mystic!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by No.401_Wolverine View Post
    I think this might be personal opinion, rather than something to note about 1C/777's direction with the series. I personally think that some of the IL-2: Great Battles series stuff looks quite photorealistic, especially in motion with the effects they've used. Or if not photorealistic, then at least looks like they're making the attempt, but I wouldn't say they're trying to be cartoon-like.

Also, not sure what that had to do with modded clouds.

They do look quite good, Mystic!
    look closely in the cockpit, it is not a borderlands level of cartoon but it certainly has a certain level to it, best example i can think of this are again the Fw190 wheels and the muzzleflash

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.21 MB

I think COD clouds outshine BOS clouds. Yes, yes, pun intended. I hope COD incorporates VR soon because that's the only thing keeping me out of COD, I'm a VR junkie. Maybe an intervention is needed.
    AKA Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

look closely in the cockpit, it is not a borderlands level of cartoon but it certainly has a certain level to it, best example i can think of this are again the Fw190 wheels and the muzzleflash
    Is not style but use of textures to avoid FPS hit

Other sims hav e high res texture but less performance. Definite not style choice.

I don’t look at whells when in plane though.

7. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

There’s maybe a small lack of detail on the wheels of the Fw-190 A-5, but GBS definitely has a photorealistic style. It doesn’t look like a cartoon in the slightest.
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
    There’s maybe a small lack of detail on the wheels of the Fw-190 A-5, but GBS definitely has a photorealistic style. It doesn’t look like a cartoon in the slightest.
    That style of lacking detail is exactly what i mean, A slight cartoon style doesnt mean it looks like a cartoon, it just means it has tendencies, the style of shadowing on textures in the cockpits for example, that while at the same time looking grey and flat.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/27...3ed76a712e.jpg the best i could find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJhdaV__7Y and in this video we get the direct ingame comparison.

here the 109E

Il2 BoS
    https://www.openflightschool.de/plug...e7-cockpit.jpg

real life
    https://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/im...6/5/139329.jpg

Il2 CloD
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tf5q5hgxWjo/maxresdefault.jpg

It is most likely that the textures in Il2 BoS are hand drawn, the main reason for this would be speed and flexibility.

just my 2 cents