Thread: New modded clouds look so much more impressive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.05 GB
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Jul-15-2019 at 02:42.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: New modded clouds look so much more impressive!

It is important to note that Il2:BoS does not follow a photorealistic style and goes for a touch of cartoon, this gets really obvious when looking at things like the Fw190 wheels, or the overall cockpit textures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperus View Post
    It is important to note that Il2:BoS does not follow a photorealistic style and goes for a touch of cartoon, this gets really obvious when looking at things like the Fw190 wheels, or the overall cockpit textures.
    I think this might be personal opinion, rather than something to note about 1C/777's direction with the series. I personally think that some of the IL-2: Great Battles series stuff looks quite photorealistic, especially in motion with the effects they've used. Or if not photorealistic, then at least looks like they're making the attempt, but I wouldn't say they're trying to be cartoon-like.

Also, not sure what that had to do with modded clouds.

They do look quite good, Mystic!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by No.401_Wolverine View Post
    I think this might be personal opinion, rather than something to note about 1C/777's direction with the series. I personally think that some of the IL-2: Great Battles series stuff looks quite photorealistic, especially in motion with the effects they've used. Or if not photorealistic, then at least looks like they're making the attempt, but I wouldn't say they're trying to be cartoon-like.

Also, not sure what that had to do with modded clouds.

They do look quite good, Mystic!
    look closely in the cockpit, it is not a borderlands level of cartoon but it certainly has a certain level to it, best example i can think of this are again the Fw190 wheels and the muzzleflash

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.21 MB

I think COD clouds outshine BOS clouds. Yes, yes, pun intended. I hope COD incorporates VR soon because that's the only thing keeping me out of COD, I'm a VR junkie. Maybe an intervention is needed.
    AKA Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

look closely in the cockpit, it is not a borderlands level of cartoon but it certainly has a certain level to it, best example i can think of this are again the Fw190 wheels and the muzzleflash
    Is not style but use of textures to avoid FPS hit

Other sims hav e high res texture but less performance. Definite not style choice.

I don’t look at whells when in plane though.

7. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.96 GB

There’s maybe a small lack of detail on the wheels of the Fw-190 A-5, but GBS definitely has a photorealistic style. It doesn’t look like a cartoon in the slightest.

Download the Blood in the Skies 1 mission pack here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=106

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
    There’s maybe a small lack of detail on the wheels of the Fw-190 A-5, but GBS definitely has a photorealistic style. It doesn’t look like a cartoon in the slightest.
    That style of lacking detail is exactly what i mean, A slight cartoon style doesnt mean it looks like a cartoon, it just means it has tendencies, the style of shadowing on textures in the cockpits for example, that while at the same time looking grey and flat.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/27...3ed76a712e.jpg the best i could find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJhdaV__7Y and in this video we get the direct ingame comparison.

here the 109E

Il2 BoS
    https://www.openflightschool.de/plug...e7-cockpit.jpg

real life
    https://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/im...6/5/139329.jpg

Il2 CloD
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tf5q5hgxWjo/maxresdefault.jpg

It is most likely that the textures in Il2 BoS are hand drawn, the main reason for this would be speed and flexibility.

just my 2 cents