Thread: Any news about AI upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Any news about AI upgrade?

Hello TFS. You guys show to us many updates about graphics and sound. And it is great, but what about AI upgrade? Any news?

I have 10+ installed static campaigns, created by Piper_Kiev and they are great, but often it is so painful to play, because of stupid AI.
    Last edited by Rostic; Jul-20-2019 at 06:28.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Any news about AI upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    ...but often it is so painful to play, because of stupid AI.
    Define "stupid"?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Define "stupid"?
    Fly straight and level when being attacked because the mission is over, continually spiral, crash into the ground and each other.... that's for starters
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Define "stupid"?
    1) Very often enemy AI just RAM me.
    2) Also often enemy bots not react on my presence, whatever I'm doing around them, and sometimes even when I shoot at them.
    3) When I land, my wingmans AI often crash.
    4) Communication menu with AI need much improvments (just compare it to IL2 1946).
    5) AI bomber formations often collide with eachother or break formations when changing cours to next waypoint (even when it is only 10 degree).
    6) also I played many hours in IL2 1946 and AI there is more like human. It is still the best AI in airsims (I think so).

Is this defining that current AI is stupid?

May be I wrote something not clear enough, because of my bad knowledge of English language
    Last edited by Rostic; Jul-20-2019 at 10:21.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

1) Very often enemy AI just RAM me.
    2) Also often enemy bots not react on my presence, whatever I'm doing around them, and sometimes even when I shoot at them.
    3) When I land, my wingmans AI often crash.
    4) Communication menu with AI need much improvments (just compare it to IL2 1946).
    5) AI bomber formations often collide with eachother or break formations when changing cours to next waypoint (even when it is only 10 degree).
    6) also I played many hours in IL2 1946 and AI there is more like human. It is still the best AI in airsims (I think so).

Is this defining that current AI is stupid?

May be I wrote something not clear enough, because of my bad knowledge of English language
    I think you can modify the AI behavior in missions by playing with the different skill settings. There was a thread on that but I cannot remember which one...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Fly straight and level when being attacked because the mission is over, continually spiral, crash into the ground and each other.... that's for starters
    Sounds just like me ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

I think you can modify the AI behavior in missions by playing with the different skill settings. There was a thread on that but I cannot remember which one...
    I use maximum skill of AI in FMB in most cases.

Anyway, will be any news about AI upgrade?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Hello TFS. You guys show to us many updates about graphics and sound. And it is great, but what about AI upgrade? Any news?

I have 10+ installed static campaigns, created by Piper_Kiev and they are great, but often it is so painful to play, because of stupid AI.
    I'm with Rostic on this one, the AI is very stupid whatever the skill setting. Here's some more examples:

- AI planes turning with full rudder jammed on - not only unrealistic but not coherent according to CLoD's own flight model - try turning your plane with full rudder alone in CLoD - it (correctly since the flight model is so good) is impossible, so the AI planes are breaking CLoD's own aerodynamic laws by apparently turning like this. Sadly it looks stupid and is stupid.

- When a squadron of AI planes following a pre-programmed course turn, they all turn at exactly the same time, which looks stupid as there's no human reaction time lag.

- Also when an AI flight turns, they all maintain exactly the same altitude whereas in reality in a VIC of three planes, for example, the outer one rises up a little and the inner one drops down a little so they all maintain position in relation to each other. Look at a video of the Red Arrows to illustrate a proper formation turn like this.

- Ai planes in combat - especially on higher skill settings - jiggle their wings about in a rather bizarre manner which doesn't make them a harder target and only serves to slow them down - not realistic.

Sorry to be negative about this as in my view this sim is otherwise just fantastic - but get the AI sorted and it becomes better still, especially for the off-line player, and will transform those excellent campaigns.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

The next big test release inside TFS is all AI work, so we will be testing it once it is released to us. Then we will let everyone know how things are looking.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Define Stupid AI

(1) (non-novice)Defiants act like single seater fighter instead of having their own unique tactics
    (2) ACE fighters attack defiants from 6 High, it's strong point.
    (3) Ace fighters level off against defiant, 6 level, open fire and ... miss .. wait , fire again .. and miss .. mean while defiant gunner occasionally has a shot.. usually at another enemy.

Defiant obviously needs it's own unique AI .. and so does enemy fighters attacking them. What's really needed is that every aircraft has it's weak points and strong points stored and used by AI pilots / AI enemies.

Hope these can be fixed. thanks.
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

See attached pic for some pretty stupid AI too! Three AI Hurricanes get bounced, Red 2 breaks to port but Red 3 sadly breaks to starboard...!
    Attached Images Attached Images