Thread: Solved: Launcher failure

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Solved: Launcher failure

Hi folks,

just reporting, maybe it will help someone.

yesterday I returned to my computer after several hours and obviously I had a Windows Update that broke several things.
    For example TeamSpeak would not start giving me the message that MSVCP140.dll or VCRUNTIME140.dll were missing.

Also CloD did not launch (double click on icon, for some seconds running, then nothing).

This morning I downloaded Clod from Steam and installed it again. Same result.
    Later Artist called and we found that
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz
    was virtually empty except for the 'parts' folder.
    We concluded that the beloved Windows defender suddenly decided that all those 23 other files were a danger to I don't know what.

I had a student here, who reinstalled the ...140.dll s and then put CloD on the exception list for Defender.

Everything fine now.
    See you in the air in about 4 hours

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Solved: Launcher failure

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Hi folks,

just reporting, maybe it will help someone.

yesterday I returned to my computer after several hours and obviously I had a Windows Update that broke several things.
    For example TeamSpeak would not start giving me the message that MSVCP140.dll or VCRUNTIME140.dll were missing.

Also CloD did not launch (double click on icon, for some seconds running, then nothing).

This morning I downloaded Clod from Steam and installed it again. Same result.
    Later Artist called and we found that
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz
    was virtually empty except for the 'parts' folder.
    We concluded that the beloved Windows defender suddenly decided that all those 23 other files were a danger to I don't know what.

I had a student here, who reinstalled the ...140.dll s and then put CloD on the exception list for Defender.

Everything fine now.
    See you in the air in about 4 hours
    Yes, white listing launcher is essential
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h