Thread: Setting up controls

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Setting up controls

Hi all,

I got an problem, I have an thrustmaster warthog and rudder pedals. Now I am trying to setup my controls only problem is that it seems to detect movement in my throttle which means it decided to add my throttle to whatever I want to bind.

Anyway to fix this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Setting up controls

Your "thrustmaster" is FCS HOTAS pack (T.16000M joystick + TWCS throttle + TFRP pedals)?

An hypothesis: unless in joystick X,Y axis (Hall sensor) this combo use potentiometer in axes, that are subject to send spurious electric signals, AKA "spikes", due dirt or wear out in pot' resistive trail, or maybe a pinch wire causing an intermittent electric signal.

For check this, test your controllers with VKB JoyTester, without touch the grips axis should present a straight, solid line in the test.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKB_JoyTester.zip

CloD axis assignments GUI is high sensible, so an smaller unwanted signal from throttle axis is always detected, prevent you assign the axis of other devices.

As workaround try: unplug throttle from USB, open the game and assign joystick e pedal axis, save (APPLY), close the game, connect throttle and now assign their axis.

BTW - If you controller is under warranty contact Thrustmaster about the issue.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Your "thrustmaster" is FCS HOTAS pack (T.16000M joystick + TWCS throttle + TFRP pedals)?

An hypothesis: unless in joystick X,Y axis (Hall sensor) this combo use potentiometer in axes, that are subject to send spurious electric signals, AKA "spikes", due dirt or wear out in pot' resistive trail, or maybe a pinch wire causing an intermittent electric signal.

For check this, test your controllers with VKB JoyTester, without touch the grips axis should present a straight, solid line in the test.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKB_JoyTester.zip

CloD axis assignments GUI is high sensible, so an smaller unwanted signal from throttle axis is always detected, prevent you assign the axis of other devices.

As workaround try: unplug throttle from USB, open the game and assign joystick e pedal axis, save (APPLY), close the game, connect throttle and now assign their axis.

BTW - If you controller is under warranty contact Thrustmaster about the issue.
    No it is an thrusmaster warthog with TFRP pedals. But I will try that, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Warthog throttle have only one axis with potentiometer, is the "friction" lever.

EDIT - Other way to deal with an spiking axis is made a temporary calibration, using joystick software or the "universal" DVIEW, an set a big deadzone (20/30%) in the affected axis.

DView_deadzone.jpg

After assign all axes remove this deadzone.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-16-2019 at 16:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Hello, rowns

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog and noticed similar problems but it was due to my not plugging a powered usb hub (which I use to connect all my controllers to the pc) to the power supply - easily done with the plethora of equipment, the tangled spaghetti mess of wires, and all the plugging and unplugging which goes with flight simulation.

This was causing some of the Warthog axes to automatically assign themselves to the axis binding.

Last edited by ATAG_Scones; Aug-18-2019 at 14:38.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.66 GB

Question Re: Setting up controls

I am brand new to CloD-Blitz and am still trying to find myself around the game. My biggest problem is my Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS which is recognized only sporatically by my Windows 10 computer. Therefore, I have not been able to play much in my attempts to learn the game. Currently, I am dead in the water since the HOTAS has not been recognized by my system for the past three weeks. I have the most recent Windows 10 upload.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone else having this problem? if so, has anyone been able to correct it and, how?

2. Which of all the HOTAS systems is the best for the game? I want to have the joystick, throttle, rudder pedals and TrackIR combined. I also don't want to go totally bankrupt attempting to do so.

I would like to get some single player experience prior to going multiplayer so, I don't appear to be a total newbie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

2 - Best actual flight gear are sticks made by VKB and Virpil, mechanically well ahead of Warthog, since gimbal is made in steel/aluminum, with bearings. Warthog is plastic.

Until now only VPC made throttle - VKB mode is WiP a more than year.

But you can use VKB or VPC sticks with VPC or Warthog throttle (or CH, Saitek), or if get a TUSBA adapter with your Cougar TQS throttle, working as standalone controller.

1 - Is probable that Cougar controller hardware - that now have more than 10 years, are failing.

Are options - require a bit of DIY work, for replace Cougar electronics, sensors and gimbal. Look a DCS forumi in Debolestis and Rel4y topics.