Thread: Sally B

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sally B

Flying B-17 over my house today, Sally B.
    I had no idea she is a Dane.This weekend the plane is going to do an air show in Roskilde, marking the 75th anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy in 1944 - the so-called D-day.

Sally B is Elly Sallingboe's plane. Together with a large group of volunteers and with the help of the club "Sally B Supporters Club", the world's largest of its kind, it is possible to maintain the B-17 aircraft. It costs half a million pounds a year to keep Sally B flying, so sponsorships and membership support are a necessity for Elly Sallinboe.

Retained aircraft after accident
    The story of Sally B and Elly Sallingboe goes all the way back to 1975. Elly is a pilot and when she moved to England she met her longtime boyfriend Ted White, who was also a pilot.

- We worked for a company that sold old aircraft. Then one day Ted came home and said he had bought one. We went to the airport where he showed me the plane and he named it after me. Sally B is his version of Sallingboe, says Elly.

But in 1982, Ted White dies in a tragic plane crash.

- Then I actually had to sell Sally B on, but I was so lost in it, so I kept it, says Elly Sallingboe, who has been able to keep it because of a lot of support.Sally B.jpg
    Last edited by Ekko; Aug-16-2019 at 08:24.
    Even a blind mosquito finds its way home

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Re: Sally B

Based at the imperial war museum Duxford, Cambs, UK, I have been lucky enough to see Sally B at close quarters at the last 3 Flying Legends airshows.

66684474_10219481886983968_5935382625383350272_n.jpg

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker