Thread: Hi From Devon... again

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi From Devon... again

Hi all.. I did join here a few years back and started to try and get myself into this lovely flight sim. For reasons I wont go into I had to take a long break but I am back.
    However I have just reinstalled through Steam and cannot get the main game to work but the Blitz version does.
    Basically I am struggling with getting started with everything again. If I recall I used to be able to go to an online server and just pick an airfield and practice to my hearts content on terrible take offs and worse landings. But I cannot seem to find that now on blitz.
    Would someone please be kind enough to point me in the direction of getting started all over again. I remember some very friendly and helpful people on here before so hoping nothing has changed.

Many thanks in advance and looking forward to getting to know you and if I ever get off the ground again.. flying with you/against you.

2. Likes DRock, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    207.95 MB

Re: Hi From Devon... again

Hi Jaminc,

welcome back to Cliffs of Dover.

After getting on an online server e.g ATAG, TWC or DangerDogz it is first necessary to choose either RAF or Luftwaffe side by clicking on the flag. Afterwards you should be able to pick an airfield by clicking on the airfield icon on the map. Next you can choose a different plane by doubleclicking on the plane picture under create a plane group. After clicking create you will get into the cockpit of your choosen plane.

If that doesn`t work please describe what you have done after starting the game. I am sure there will be lots of help here on the forum.

Blitz Version 4.55 is the current version with lots of improvments (e.g more flyable planes, maps and sound improvments, Blackout effect…). So if you can run Blitz on your computer, there should be no reason to go back to older versions.

Cheers
    Twin
    Last edited by Twin; Aug-18-2019 at 12:24.

4. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    Hi Jaminc,

welcome back to Cliffs of Dover.

After getting on an online server e.g ATAG, TWC or DangerDogz it is first necessary to choose either RAF or Luftwaffe side by clicking on the flag. Afterwards you should be able to pick an airfield by clicking on the airfield icon on the map. Next you can choose a different plane by doubleclicking on the plane picture under create a plane group. After clicking create you will get into the cockpit of your choosen plane.

If that doesn`t work please describe what you have done after starting the game. I am sure there will be lots of help here on the forum.

Blitz Version 4.55 is the current version with lots of improvments (e.g more flyable planes, maps and sound improvments, Blackout effect…). So if you can run Blitz on your computer, there should be no reason to go back to older versions.

Cheers
    Twin
    Cheers Twin thanks for reply.
    IM in and joined one of the servers and done all you said. Just seems much more complicated than I remember. Ive spent the last two hours basically getting the engine started and then getting engine gasket failures and the like without even finding the airstrip lol. I know this one is all about being realistic but didn't in the old version and older servers have the option for lowering some of the realism so we could just get up airborne and start practicing some basic take off landing etc without having to be a pro experienced pilot just to get moving? Not that I want to take away from the detail just trying to get into the basics... would appreciate any tips or pointers or places to look . many thanks.

6. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jaminc99 View Post
    Cheers Twin thanks for reply.
    IM in and joined one of the servers and done all you said. Just seems much more complicated than I remember. Ive spent the last two hours basically getting the engine started and then getting engine gasket failures and the like without even finding the airstrip lol. I know this one is all about being realistic but didn't in the old version and older servers have the option for lowering some of the realism so we could just get up airborne and start practicing some basic take off landing etc without having to be a pro experienced pilot just to get moving? Not that I want to take away from the detail just trying to get into the basics... would appreciate any tips or pointers or places to look . many thanks.
    Hi jaminc.......welcome back! It's great to have you here......especially as things are about to get even better with many improvements to CLoD heading our way. I would be pleased to 'wing up' with you sometime so we can speed you through some of your problems. I am in Bucks, England so I am sure we can find a time to suit. If you see me on line do give me a shout and we can go off to a quiet part of the map and practice! Feel free to drop me a Pm in this Forum or down below in this thread. Whatever you do...don't give up! We can sort you out. Hope to meet you soon. Salute!

8. Likes DerDa, ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Hi jaminc.......welcome back! It's great to have you here......especially as things are about to get even better with many improvements to CLoD heading our way. I would be pleased to 'wing up' with you sometime so we can speed you through some of your problems. I am in Bucks, England so I am sure we can find a time to suit. If you see me on line do give me a shout and we can go off to a quiet part of the map and practice! Feel free to drop me a Pm in this Forum or down below in this thread. Whatever you do...don't give up! We can sort you out. Hope to meet you soon. Salute!
    Hi there Marlow. many thanks for the reply and very kind offer of a wing up. that would be really appreciated. Actually having someone to talk to and go through some of the basics would be really good as I am struggling at the moment and didn't actually get that far before lol.. I am not a newbie to flight sims so expect some level of difficulty but just struggling to get going on this one. If I recall from threads before that everyone used teamspeak. is that still the way to go ? Perhaps if you could let me know and we can arrange a time we could get online and actually chat through that would be really kind of you thank you.
    thanks again both for helpful replies.

10. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi there Marlow. many thanks for the reply and very kind offer of a wing up. that would be really appreciated. Actually having someone to talk to and go through some of the basics would be really good as I am struggling at the moment and didn't actually get that far before lol.. I am not a newbie to flight sims so expect some level of difficulty but just struggling to get going on this one. If I recall from threads before that everyone used teamspeak. is that still the way to go ? Perhaps if you could let me know and we can arrange a time we could get online and actually chat through that would be really kind of you thank you.
    thanks again both for helpful replies.
    Yes, we still use Team Speak. Can you spare a little time right now? I'll look our for you on Team Speak. Salute!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

just downloading team speak again

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Sounds like you guys have the start of a nice little flight going there!

Would be good to hop online once in a while a group up with a three or four man flight....Ideas ideas
    What time do you fellows "flight sim" in the homeland?

14. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi TCP...thanks for your message.

I am waiting in the hope that jaminc will sort out Team Speak so we can chat and then we'll get down to a little training and sorting out problems. jaminc has experience of flight sims already so I'm sure he will make rapid progress and it will all come flooding back in a rush. If you see us on line it would be great to have you tag along and join in. The more the merrier! Salute!

16. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

No worries Marlow!
    I am not on that frequently in recent times, but will try to keep half an eye on TS and if you guys are on/time is fitting I will hop on

18. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi jaminc99

Just to say I'm happy to run through things with you as I'm UK based as well . Hope to meet you soon .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

20. Likes ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi all sorry for the slow reply I have an extremely busy work life so get on when I can. be great to have a little flight and any help from anyone sounds great
    Marlow I have installed teamspeak again and set it up and I think im connected to the ATAG server can see pilots bar etc in the list. but not quite sure where to go from there. sorry for being a bit of a doof

22. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

If you scroll down the list a little until you see ATAG Allied vs Axis, under that you have sub sections for Allied Forces and Axis Forces with flight numbers and stuff. Generally if you are flying on the server just join the Allied or Axis room, don't worry about joining a flight room.

24. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi all sorry for the slow reply I have an extremely busy work life so get on when I can. be great to have a little flight and any help from anyone sounds great
    Marlow I have installed teamspeak again and set it up and I think im connected to the ATAG server can see pilots bar etc in the list. but not quite sure where to go from there. sorry for being a bit of a doof
    Hey, no worries, jaminc......we all have our doofer moments here! And this is a hard sim to get to grips with....very realistic...but that's why we like it so much! You can't do much wrong joining the Allied Channel on Team Speak. You can just listen in at first....see how it all works...and somebody will say 'hello' before you know it. We're a very friendly crowd and enjoy helping so we'll be looking out for you. Good luck and ....Salute!

26. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Jaminc from another Brit based virtual flyer.

Welcome to our community buddy. I see on the chat that you have managed to get airborne in a Spitfire, so congrats on that, the first hurdle overcome for you.

Any further questions or issues that you might have ask away either here or better still on Teamspeak and I am sure you will get the help that you might need.

Have fun

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

28. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Laser. sorry for the slow reply ive just seen your post on the thread. Didn't mean to be rude.

Yes ive made a bit of progress but kind of just taken a bit of a step backwards to go forwards as just installed the X52 hotas so slowly configuring that one up now and getting used to the stick/throttle.