Thread: CH Throttle Quadrant problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

CH Throttle Quadrant problem

I have two of these which I bought two years ago. I plugged them in and they just worked. I also have other USB devices, a CH Flightstick Pro USB, two Saitek throttle quads, Saitek pedals, etc. These are all plugged into a powered USB hub.

Thursday afternoon the CH devices started disconnecting and reconnecting for no particular reason. Of course they were coming back with different IDs, I have 12 config files. Major pain.

Now I am finding that one of the CH quads is lucky and one is unlucky. The lucky one works in the sim, the unlucky one does not work in the sim if the lucky one is plugged in. If you boot the machine with just the unlucky one connected it works in the sim. Exit the sim and connect the lucky one and it works in the sim but the unlucky one is gone. The unlucky one works fine in the CH calibration utility.

I've rebooted, switched USB ports, nothing changes the facts. I suspect a windows update caused this but I have no evidence.

Any suggestions or additional tests I could do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Re: CH Throttle Quadrant problem

Maybe check if there are updates for your motherboard (bios, chipset).
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Try too remove all entries for CH Quadrant in Windows register and plug then again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I've seen issues in the past with using USB hubs as well. If at all possible remove the USB hub, even if it means buying a USB card that plugs directly into your motherboard with PCIe or the like.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Thanks for the suggestions, I've tried everything and I just can't get both working at once.

They worked for almost two years until packing it in last Thursday. There are no windows updates to explain it.

I've plugged them both into USB ports on the box but not difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've tried everything and I just can't get both working at once.

They worked for almost two years until packing it in last Thursday. There are no windows updates to explain it.

I've plugged them both into USB ports on the box but not difference.
    Windows is a pain as the order in which it sees the devices is important.
    This sounds as if there was a conflict of order recognition.
    When you say the unlucky one does not work when the lucky one is plugged in, does it not work at all, or is it not recognized? In other words, could you reassign keys?
    And when you say that you have tried everything, have you tried devreorder? Discussed in this thread, download from here. Might help...
    Good luck
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

I think I know what is happening but not why.

Both devices work perfectly in the sim if the other device is not plugged in. If both are plugged in they work fine in the CH calibration program but only one in the sim.

I noticed that when I plug in just one and check in the sim that the four byte hexadecimal identifier is the same for both devices. This makes me think that the sim recognizes the first device but then sees the next one with the same ID and ignores it.

Why would this start happening after almost two years of working flawlessly?

FYI this machine has these USB devices conected:

- Keyboard
    - Mouse
    - TrackIR5
    - 2 x CH Throttle Quadrant
    - Foot Switch
    - Powered USB Hub:
    - CH Flightstick
    - 2 x Saitek Throttle Quadrant
    - Saitek Rudder Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Which of these are listed under "Usb Game Controller"?
    (Keyboard and Mouse are not)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    I noticed that when I plug in just one and check in the sim that the four byte hexadecimal identifier is the same for both devices. This makes me think that the sim recognizes the first device but then sees the next one with the same ID and ignores it.
    If it is what you say, then if you plug unlucky before lucky, unlucky should be recognized but not lucky. Is this what you observe?

Also, what happens if you plug one of them in the powered USB hub, and the other elsewhere. Do they still have the same hexa address?

Have you tried devreorder?

Side question: why do you need so many quadrants anyway?
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Aug-28-2019 at 13:49.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    Which of these are listed under "Usb Game Controller"?
    (Keyboard and Mouse are not)

Both Saitek quads and the pedals, Flightstick, both CH quads and the footpedal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Run DXdiag and in Input look for PID of CH quadrants, if are the same... bad news.

If nothing more work, try combine both quadrant as one virtual device with CH Manager or if this fail (CH admit that is no longer full compatible with Windows 10), use Joystick Gremlin for create.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Also, what happens if you plug one of them in the powered USB hub, and the other elsewhere. Do they still have the same hexa address?

Neither is plugged into the hub now but no change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Run DXdiag and in Input look for PID of CH quadrants, if are the same... bad news.
    Yes they have the same PID, but worked fine for two years. And the Saiteks have the same PID.

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    If nothing more work, try combine both quadrant as one virtual device with CH Manager or if this fail (CH admit that is no longer full compatible with Windows 10), use Joystick Gremlin for create.
    This might be the solution, I'll play with that.

Also checking CHDelete.

14. Likes Artist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

PID is irrelevant for Clod. It was/is for Il-2 '46 which uses the Win32_Api, but Clod uses DirectInput which does not care about the ID. DirectInput sorting of USB devices is by VendorID + ProductID. The only known cure for that is the already mentioned devreorder.

16. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post