Thread: new twist on game crashes

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

new twist on game crashes

So! started about a month ago, hadn't had any crasher for a few years.
    tried everything listed in the stickey thread. tool. it to a licensed IT who specializes in gaming computers
    he did full diagnostics : made a few tweeks upgraded to windows 10. Still crashes shortly after launching
    event logs point to .net framework so I have done all fixes pertaining to that

NOW Heres the process
    1. clean install window 10
    2. clean install clod
    3. crash
    4. windows 10 now shows corrupt files
    5. clod shows corrupt files
    6. repete clean install on both and verify all have correct files
    7. crash
    8 both now have corrupt files

My IT guy says it clod and the developers have to fix it. If that's the case wouldn't all of you be having the same crashes. ALSO my X PLANE dose the exact same thing

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: new twist on game crashes

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.7 and right mouse click Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2.cmd and select 'Run as Administrator'

Same for the one in 4.0 folder, file name in there is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.cmd

It might tell you 'a later version is already installed' but just in case, see if it helps - it's not that much of an effort, and I am missing it in your installation steps.

(I've also seen it happen to some pilots that Windows Defender is preventing a successful launch, but not sure how to fix that)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Is it possible that your harddisk is "dying" or maybe bad connection between harddisk and motherboard?The health of your harddisk can be checkerd by S.M.A.R.T.This is a feature which you can enable in you BIOS(not every motherboard has this) .Or use a tool named HDDScan,
    http://hddscan.com/download/HDDScan.zip
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.7 and right mouse click Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2.cmd and select 'Run as Administrator'

Same for the one in 4.0 folder, file name in there is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.cmd

It might tell you 'a later version is already installed' but just in case, see if it helps - it's not that much of an effort, and I am missing it in your installation steps.

(I've also seen it happen to some pilots that Windows Defender is preventing a successful launch, but not sure how to fix that)
    As I upgraded from 7 to windows 10, I am still getting used to 10
    now I don't have a folder "Steamworks Shared or those you mentioned after::::: mine is Steam/Steamapps/common/ ILII Clifs of dover blitz. and that it
    I do know net.framework is NOT in a separate folder but is an included item in windows 10. its located in " windows media and I have done a repair to no avail

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Is it possible that your harddisk is "dying" or maybe bad connection between harddisk and motherboard?The health of your harddisk can be checkerd by S.M.A.R.T.This is a feature which you can enable in you BIOS(not every motherboard has this) .Or use a tool named HDDScan,
    http://hddscan.com/download/HDDScan.zip
    that's the one item my IT guy replaced. was my hard drive its digital and brand new

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

In Steam, right click the game title, choose Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity of Local Game Files. This should put that _CommonRedist folder back in.

(My W10 is fairly recent install, and it has it in it...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

BTW Found the fix for all the above issues. I COMPLETLY RE BUILD AND UP GRADED MY COMPUTER

8. Likes DerDa, Stormrider liked this post