Thread: Messed up Mission(s) installation ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Messed up Mission(s) installation ....

I tried to get grips on where to put downloaded SP, Multi and Campaign mission files in my installation of Cliffs 4.55, and couldn't really find thorough information yet ...

There are some folder locations on my PC called mission AND missions, quite confusing thus:

Z:\GAMES\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\missions

Z:\GAMES\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\mission

Z:\GAMES\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\missions

And then there's also:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions

PS: Sirs Developers: I HATE STUFF that has to be INSTALLED ON MY SMALL SSD BOOT DRIVE, and the latest mess came about since i reinstalled an old boot partition image after a windows crash, and probably a reason why i might even give up on using CLoD ...

thnx, J

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Messed up Mission(s) installation ....

If you have single player missions they go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions

In that folder there are Single and Multi folders. You would probably be putting stuff in the Single folder for single player missions.

If you have campaigns they go in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission

BTW mission files are very small so don't use much space.
    Last edited by ATAG_Oskar; Aug-30-2019 at 15:32.

3. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Single missions goes to the folder:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\ - If want can create new folder there, for example sorting single missions by plane type.

Quick missions for the folder:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\Quick

Pay attention that are two folders: mission and missions

Custom skins for:

....\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins"name of the plane" <<<< this last folder need create manual.

================================================== ============================================

BTW - Documents folder don't need by in C:\ Just move - in the folder properties, for another partition or drive. Mine is just D:\Documents.

See how move: https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-m...in-windows-10/

Campaigns is a bit more complicated, mission files goes for the game installation folder, typically located inside Steam, that typically is installed inside C:\Program files if have not changed the path.

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign"campaign name" <<<< this last folder need create manual, if don't exist for the plane.

Need update manually the file "campaigns.ini" inside the folder:

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign

For each campaign add this 3 lines (in example, Dunkik campaign), that is the index for show campaign in game menu

Code:
    [campaign_Dunkirk]
     folder campaign_Dunkirk
     title campaign_Dunkirk
     image Poster.bmp
    And create a empty folder

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign"campaign name" <<<< this last folder need create manual, and will register campaign progress.

Some campaigns use custom DLL, an their placement is different:

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\

Example, the campaign "Hun in the sun"

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\huninthesun <<<<<<<<<<<<

================================================== =====================

So, extract all downloaded files for a temporary folder in desktop and start move for appropriated folders.

Some old campaigns have reference - MOD folder in their readme.txt, ignore this and follow the above folder names.
    Any campaign made, even for release version of game (2011) work with the actual version of the game, Blitz 4.55.

Ignore too the folder in:

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\missions <<<< Seems this folder are there for backup of original (canned) Single missions, and appear in Blitz update.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-31-2019 at 10:58.

5. Likes farley, SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Thanks guys, just found your replies .... i have discovered a lot by checking what's going on after re-installing Cliffs fresh. J