Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release Notes for Blitz 4.56

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Re: Release Notes for Blitz 4.56

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    In 4.55 the aircraft sound is the same from all directions.

In 4.56 the aircraft is louder at the front end!

Not exactly, there's a little more to it than that.

You can hear the effect better in the video below. You'll hear little nuances around the aircraft based on your position to it and when they flyby, for example you are sat at an airport, you should be able to locate the position of the plane better by ear.

1st clip shows 4.5 and before, 2nd clip shows current and there are irrelevant Coffman test bits at the end.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

unfortunately I have 7.1 and I'm not hearing explosions or hits on the aircraft now. or the water explosions sounds when you hit the water.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    Not exactly, there's a little more to it than that.
    Thanks for the extra information, Slipstream, but there was some basic incomprehension in the whole human race because the new immersive 3D sound experience was described as "Added dynamic panning to aircraft exterior view" which I myself initially assumed was a camera effect and that the phrase was written in the wrong place in the Release Notes. I wasn't alone in not understanding the intention of those words and made the simplest explanation I could. I would say, going between listening in 4.55 and 4.56, the sound experience is now fuller, richer, spatial, directional, while in comparison sounds in 4.55 are flatter and less interesting. Good work.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Can someone from TF explain to me the OnBuildingKilled() vs. OnBuildingDestroyed() code?

OnBuildingKilled() is the code that we've been asking to be fixed and it appears that it's not fixed in MP (tested on dedicated server and local hosted and it behaves as before).

So if OnBuildingDestroyed() is the code that has been fixed, what was done to it exactly? If possible can we have a copy of the script that was used to test that it was working (similar to the missions with the Rearm/Refuel script given) so we can see exactly what methodology was used?
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Sep-16-2019 at 21:24.

5. Likes Tibsun, Cassius liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 14:55.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I've directed our code guys to this question so hopefully you'll have an answer soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    I could not find the OnBuildingDestroyed() method in the code of the new patch 4.56
    Glad it wasn't just me. I thought I might be doing something wrong. I spent about 2 hours trying to locate this method last night as well. I thought I was doing something wrong. I still might be...it's been a while.
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Sep-17-2019 at 12:38.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.06 GB

Thx team

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.401_Wolverine View Post
    Glad it wasn't just me. I thought I might be doing something wrong. I spent about 2 hours trying to locate this method last night as well. I thought I was doing something wrong. I still might be...it's been a while.
    Public Overridable Sub OnBuildingKilled(ByVal title As String, ByVal pos As maddox.GP.Point3d, ByVal initiator As maddox.game.world.AiDamageInitiator, ByVal eventArgInt As Integer)
    Member of maddox.game.AMission

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Public Overridable Sub OnBuildingKilled(ByVal title As String, ByVal pos As maddox.GP.Point3d, ByVal initiator As maddox.game.world.AiDamageInitiator, ByVal eventArgInt As Integer)
    Member of maddox.game.AMission
    So which was fixed in the patch? OnBuildingDestroyed() or OnBuildingKilled()? Patch notes say OnBuildingDestroyed().

Because as Cassius and I have tested, OnBuildingKilled() is still non-functional in multiplayer. No change from day one release of Cliffs.

Testing using this code:

Code:
    public override void OnBuildingKilled(string title, Point3d pos, AiDamageInitiator initiator, int eventArgInt)
        {
            base.OnBuildingKilled(title, pos, initiator, eventArgInt);

string BuildingName = title;
            string BuildingArmy = "";
            string PlayerArmy = "";
            string sectorTitle = "";
            string sectorName = GamePlay.gpSectorName(pos.x, pos.y);

if (GamePlay.gpFrontArmy(pos.x, pos.y) == 1)
            {
                BuildingArmy = "England";
            }
            else if (GamePlay.gpFrontArmy(pos.x, pos.y) == 2)
            {
                BuildingArmy = "France";
            }
            else
            {
                BuildingArmy = "Neutral";
            }

if (initiator.Player.Army() == 1)
            {
                PlayerArmy = "RAF";
            }
            else if (initiator.Player.Army() == 2)
            {
                PlayerArmy = "Luftwaffe";
            }
            else
            {
                PlayerArmy = "Unknown";
            }

GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "BUILDING:" + BuildingName + " in " + BuildingArmy + " was destroyed in sector " + sectorName + " by " + initiator.Player.Name() + " from the " + PlayerArmy + ".", new object[] { });
        }
    So either it's not fixed or the code above is somehow locked to singleplayer action only. If the latter, can someone with a better mind than mine explain why? Better yet, can we get the script that was done to test that it worked before the patch was released? That way those of us who build missions can learn from it or, failing that, can at least give further assistance into proving or disproving the fix that was done.

Thanks.
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Sep-17-2019 at 19:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

This is the code running on the ATAG server.

Code:
    public override void OnBuildingKilled(string title, Point3d pos, AiDamageInitiator initiator, int eventArgInt) {

string[] parts = title.Split(new string[] { SEPARATOR }, StringSplitOptions.None);
    			DateTime now = DateTime.Now;
                            long pk = writeDestroyed(DESTROYED_TYPE_BUILDING, parts[2], "", now);
    			if (initiator.Player != null) { 
    				writeDestroyer(getInitiatorDescription(initiator), initiator.Player.Name() , pk); 
    			} else {
    				writeDestroyer(getInitiatorDescription(initiator), initiator.Actor.Name(), pk); 
    			}
            }

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Thank you. We will start testing it.

Will continue in a separate thread specific to the purpose. See the following thread to continue: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=31359
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Sep-17-2019 at 19:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

was gear raising sound added? I m sure i can hear something in the spitty

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaXX View Post
    was gear raising sound added? I m sure i can hear something in the spitty
    yes it has been added.

16. Likes farley, ATAG_TCP, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    491.75 MB

Great work. You guys are awesome

"A chap could bend a Spitfire with one finger" Wing Commander Tom Neil.

18. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Hi guys

Not sure if it is just my system, or whether others have been experiencing the same sound anomalies since the 4.56 update. Below are 2 of my most noticeable changes:

1. Engine Sound: At startup, there appears to be 2 separate and distinct engine sounds. It is more noticeable as when I increase the throttle to about 22%. So much so that I have actually looked around for a second aircraft that may have started up next to me, but no aircraft is present.

2. Machine Gun Fire: I've read posts of others reveling in the new gun sound. Perhaps this is something experienced in an external view. For me, I've been flying "realistic" which does not permit external views and if I do not see the tracers leaving my wings, I'd be hard pressed to know if my guns have fired or not. There is a sound present but it is hardly noticeable ... more like a tick, tick ticking sound. Not to appealing in my assessment.

3. I know, I know, I said I had only 2 comments, but while writing I thought of something else that I find less than appealing when it come to the sound files. That is the sound emitted by the DH82A better known as the Tiger Moth. When starting this aircraft, and the engine is running at a low RPM, the sound emitted is more like a "clicking-hiss-pop" than that of an engine. It is only once the RPM's are increased that it actually begins to sound like and engine. I first noticed this when I was practicing in this aircraft in preparation for the ATAG Tiger Moth event. When I first started playing around with this aircraft, it took me awhile to realize that I had actually successfully started the engine ... not by the sound that it was making, but by the blur of my rotating propeller. It was only when I was able to increase the RPM's that the aircraft began to emit noticeable engine sounds. I had hoped this had been addressed in the 4.56 update, but sadly it had not.

Those are my simple observations regarding the new sound files. Overall, I am constantly thrilled by this SIM and often wonder what it must have been like in its "hay-day" when the servers where plugged with active participants. I've only been flying this SIM since September 2018 and have logged a mere 706 hours.

20. Likes Pienoir liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I feel like TF5.0 should get someone to handmake gun sounds

i volunteer

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Padre (VK-P) View Post
    2. Machine Gun Fire: I've read posts of others reveling in the new gun sound. Perhaps this is something experienced in an external view. For me, I've been flying "realistic" which does not permit external views and if I do not see the tracers leaving my wings, I'd be hard pressed to know if my guns have fired or not. There is a sound present but it is hardly noticeable ... more like a tick, tick ticking sound. Not to appealing in my assessment.
    I felt Spit/Hurri MG's sound more faint in external view than in internal, and that their sound volume in internal view are OK, just the engine sound could by less annoying.

BTW - Is important that sound volume in game options is set in 100%, or some sounds are missed.
    After adjust for civilized level in Windows mixer, specific for CloD:

23. Likes Stormrider, Tibsun, Karaya liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Will have another look and listen,could only hear the difference with the Spitfire and Hurricane gun sounds , having trouble hearing anything when using throttle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

When testing OnBuildingKilled() code I did notice the two distinct engine sounds in the Spitfire (didn't test in any others). It seemed most noticeable when executing negative G and cutting out the engine. Sometimes I would get a quieter engine sound (almost like the external view sound) underneath and then the normal loud interior engine sound would kick back in. It was certainly odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

It may sound a bit corny but I really do appreciate these new 109 gun sounds. The fast shushy shushy shushy shushy of the mg 34s in my opinion really does it ..There may be sims that are prettier they may have this and that but you know what this sim has...SOUL!

27. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

4.56 notes still say OnBuildingDestroyed() fixed. Since that's not a valid function in the game and the real function isn't fixed, might want to remove that from the notes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.93 MB

Hooray, big surprise, missed it first. Thank you TF for making Clod better 'n better

I tried to download the rearm-missions in #1 post. Got this:

"Topgum, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

????? What's wrong???

Salute, TG
    The fun is always in the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Topgum View Post
    Hooray, big surprise, missed it first. Thank you TF for making Clod better 'n better

"Topgum, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

????? What's wrong???

Salute, TG
    *Edited: I have removed my reply due to the fact that it was based on a mine wrong guess. See the reply below by Artist for precise details.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-08-2019 at 21:17.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Topgum View Post

????? What's wrong???

Salute, TG
    Not a question of permissions, but of downloads having been moved elswhere and the OP not being updated...

Here are the correct links (also updated in OP):

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.93 MB

Thank you mates, problem solved! I am going to try that out now
    The fun is always in the sun

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,010.02 MB

New to this game and loving it!

34. Likes \Hawk/, farley, Cybermat47, DerDa liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mickdave View Post
    New to this game and loving it!
    Great that you are enjoying the sim mickdave and stick with us because you haven't seen anything yet.

TFS 5.0 is imminent and that will literally blow your socks off.

Have fun.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12