Thread: The new ReArm, Refuel, Repair - issue when running mission as MultiPlayer

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

The new ReArm, Refuel, Repair - issue when running mission as MultiPlayer

So, I got the 'Rearm/Refuel, Requirements and Delay, Multiplayer' mission running on a dedicated server. All three files are in place. Loading the mission works fine.
    When I join the server, in cockpit, the moment I press TAB, 4.Mission, 1.Rearm, nothing happens on the client, and the server throws this error:

Code:
    [11:59:24]	=================================================
    [11:59:24]	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [11:59:24]	   at Mission.isLandedOnAirfield()
    [11:59:24]	   at Mission.areRequirementsMet(Boolean bShowFailMessage)
    [11:59:24]	   at Mission.OnOrderMissionMenuSelected(Player player, Int32 ID, Int32 menuItemIndex)
    [11:59:24]	   at maddox.game.ABattle.OnOrderMissionMenuSelected(Player player, Int32 ID, Int32 menuItemIndex)
    [11:59:24]	   at maddox.game.ABattle.OnEventGame(GameEventId eventId, Object eventArg0, Object eventArg1, Int32 eventArgInt)
    [11:59:24]	   at maddox.game.world.Strategy.OnEventGame(GameEventId eventId, Object eventArg0, Object eventArg1, Int32 eventArgInt)
    [11:59:24]	   at maddox.game.GameDef.eventGame(GameEventId eventId, Object eventArg0, Object eventArg1, Int32 eventArgInt)
    [11:59:24]	   at DCvRNPi8XFSFWmKQkS2LBZu0jlCKiShteFfyci8xJRjY.5MvDe90fseL3JFQYdxDcE5o(GameEventId , Object , Object , Int32 )
    [11:59:24]	   at y45c1v2ebB$KGoVuDLAOgPveOWCjmls4YNlJvUerFjtA.s$bfu6e1CXdvl0HcORTAHEE(GameEventId , Object , Object , Int32 )
    [11:59:24]	=================================================
    What am I missing here?
    (Mission is being loaded using the CloD Watchdog, and apart from two lines to set custom icons, nothing special is used/configured...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: The new ReArm, Refuel, Repair - issue when running mission as MultiPlayer

Hi FT,

Hopefully we can soon get this script added to the ATAG maps so we can compare how they work on our respective servers.

In the meantime, I’m sure one of the TFS coding/scripting chaps will see this for a constructive response.

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

3. Likes DRock, DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.95 MB

The problem is in the script, send me a PM with the mission and the script attached and I'll take a look.

5. Likes Tibsun, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by xoriguer View Post
    The problem is in the script, send me a PM with the mission and the script attached and I'll take a look.
    Can you also take a look why planes stuck in air?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    Can you also take a look why planes stuck in air?
    This may happen if the mission is throwing exceptions like above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

I just tried these files, when creating a lobby server or local server in the game, it works fine.

However creating this local server with the console (-server) and starting this mission, it throws the same errrors. I've not changed anything on this provided mission file with the script in it.

So it works only for the client game created local server, but not on an actual dedicated local server still.

9. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

It's the script as it was downloaded, from the download link I put in the first post in this thread...

Thanks for looking into it!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    I just tried these files, when creating a lobby server or local server in the game, it works fine.

However creating this local server with the console (-server) and starting this mission, it throws the same errrors. I've not changed anything on this provided mission file with the script in it.

So it works only for the client game created local server, but not on an actual dedicated local server still.
    Looks indeed like this is the issue ... thanks for confirmation!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

This may happen if the mission is throwing exceptions like above.
    But, these planes stuck in the air occurs in a different script: The one currently running on the DangerDogz server. Not this one

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

I'll check and fix the script as soon as I can.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Sounds like maybe a bug in the server code, but assuming not, it could possibly be related to this section that you would need to add to both conf.ini and confs.ini:

Code:
    [rts]
    scriptAppDomain=0
    If you have it in one but not the other you could possibly get bugs like this.
    Last edited by TWC_Flug; Jan-26-2020 at 16:50.