Thread: Assigning Zoom to an Axis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Assigning Zoom to an Axis

Hello guys,

Sorry if this has already been suggested as a feature (and if it has also been ruled out as not possible). What I am referring to, is the ability to assign an axis (for example the Warthog's throttle friction) to zoom much like what is possible in BoX/DCS. For me personally, this would be very handy and I am sure others would find it useful too!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Digby

2. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, charle3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: Assigning Zoom to an Axis

Maybe impossible for the RAF teabags not for the Luftwaffe technical crews!

Easy to be done. Simply edit accordingly your ConfUser.ini file ( remember to make a backup of the original file first! ).

Every key/axis on your joystick/throttle have a specific ID number followed by the key\axis ID ( Sample based on my Thrustmaster joystick: TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key8, TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key7, TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_RZ, TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_Z ).

Go to game options/controls and make a note of the various ID numbers linked to each key/axis you are using. Once you know the ID number you can easily edit the ConfUser.ini file using Notepad accordingly to your preferences.

Sample ( Here I have assigned the zoom in/out function both to my mouse buttons ( used with the right hand ) and to two throttle keys ( used with the left hand thumb ). Highlighted in black are the keys\axes used in these samples:
    Code:
    [HotKey viewSet]
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key8=fov+
    Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key7=StartStop
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key6=fov-
    MouseFour=Reset
    MouseMiddle=fov-
    MouseLeft=fov+
    Reference image about keys used in the sample above on mine Thrustmaster throttle and what you get in game menu Options/Controls/Camera ( Left-click the image to enlarge it )

* Ignore the " Field of view 30° " field, I've made an error while editing the image and I've included it in the sample red highlighted box

In the sample below instead I have edited the ConfUser.ini file in the same way but using joystick axis ( In this example the axis used is the " Butterfly " lever in front of my Thrustmaster throttle ):
    Code:
    [HotKey viewSet]
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_RZ=fov+
    Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_Z=fov-
    MouseFour=Reset
    MouseMiddle=fov-
    MouseLeft=fov+
    Reference image about axis used in the sample above on mine Thrustmaster throttle ( Left-click the image to enlarge it )

*Final note: If you have a key/axis working in the game, it is forced to have an unique ID number assigned to it. If you know the ID number then you can edit any key/axis you want following your preferences.

IMPORTANT TIP:: Before making your modifications to the file keep in mind that some axis buttons\levers\pedals are equipped with a re-center position mechanism! A tipycal example about this, is assigning an axis equipped with a re-center position mechanism to the propeller pitch...until you will keep pressed the axis chosen all ok...but soon as you will stop applying pressure on it or when you will be " hands-off " from it, the selected axis, thanks to the re-center position mechanism, will return automatically to its middle position. In this example you will see your propeller pitch decreasing drammatically to about 5:30 o' clock position with the peril of damaging your aircraft's engine or, even worst, being caught in a danger situation with your engine almost out of power! So be careful in your axis choice!

I hope this is what you were searching for! See you in the skies!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-16-2019 at 07:37.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I’ve tried this - it works and it can be a real time saver.

Thanks for posting this, Mölders.

Thread stickied.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I'm confused by this... It looks like you have 2 axes assigned to the view zoom; one for zooming in, and one for zooming out. Wouldn't one axis do the trick? rotate one direction to zoom in, and the other direction to zoom out? I've tried this on my joystick, a Cyborg Gold that has an axis called "U" with the command "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U=fov+" and it doesn't do anything, so obviously I'm not understanding how this works.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

7. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

In Control Options/Camera you can assign a hotkey to: "Hold to Adjust Field of View", then in-game you hold that key and drag the mouse to change FOV.
    If you can make your axis send mouse signals with some software this may work for you.

FOV.jpg

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

9. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    I'm confused by this... It looks like you have 2 axes assigned to the view zoom; one for zooming in, and one for zooming out. Wouldn't one axis do the trick? rotate one direction to zoom in, and the other direction to zoom out?
    I notice the same, example show that used rocker and throttle axis of TWCS - IMO too much axis expense for achieve the same operation than using keys/buttons.

I've tried this on my joystick, a Cyborg Gold that has an axis called "U" with the command "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U=fov+" and it doesn't do anything, so obviously I'm not understanding how this works.
    I have the same negative result using VKB Gladiator throttle and twist axis, no practical resulting in game, tested by curiosity.

Bonditaria
    In Control Options/Camera you can assign a hotkey to: "Hold to Adjust Field of View", then in-game you hold that key and drag the mouse to change FOV.
    If you can make your axis send mouse signals with some software this may work for you.
    In CloD early days this are used for have "zoom" control in buttons, using JoyToKey buttons to emulate mouse movements and an simultaneous pressing "Hold to Adjust Field of View" - for override "independent mode", the "click'pit".

But after TFS add Fov+ and Fov- options (for key or buttons) the mouse emulation option became obsolete, because the result is the same and require use external software for mouse emulation (JoyToKey, XPadder...)

The thing is, wort have zoom assignable in axis?
    Too few controllers have a axis practical placed for use for this, I remember of Cougar TQS "antenna" and "range rotaries under index and thumb finger an VPC T50 throttle rotarie/slider under ring finger.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-16-2019 at 16:24.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post

FOV.jpg
    Thanks, but that is not convenient or easy at all! You're suggesting that I use one hand to hold down a modifier key, then take my other hand off the joystick to move the mouse wheel. Not going to happen.

On the old IL2 I could use one finger to smoothly zoom in and out with an axis, on CLOD I have to use switches. In my case I use the hat switch for changing FOV and zooming in and out, and it works fine, but is not nearly as smooth or controllable as using an axis. There used to be a confuser.ini setting to adjust the zoom speed, but that doesn't seem to work any more, so zooming with the hat switch is very jerky, and because it zooms in and out so fast it is hard to get the zoom just as I want it. I believe BOS also uses an axis to zoom.

No matter, it works well enough as it is. Not worth getting into a tizzy over, I am used to it now.

Regards!
    Last edited by Kendy for the State; Sep-16-2019 at 16:30.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    The thing is, wort have zoom assignable in axis?
    Too few controllers have a axis practical placed for use for this, I remember of Cougar TQS "antenna" and "range rotaries under index and thumb finger an VPC T50 throttle rotarie/slider under ring finger.
    I'm working on several variations of a joystick where I would like to add a thumbwheel next to the hat switch for zooming...it would be nice if it worked with CLOD.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You're suggesting that I use one hand to hold down a modifier key, then take my other hand off the joystick to move the mouse wheel. Not going to happen.
    Is a little worse, is not mouse (scroll) wheel movement, but mouse back and forth movements (mouse Y axis).

14. Likes Kendy for the State liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I'm confused by this... It looks like you have 2 axes assigned to the view zoom; one for zooming in, and one for zooming out. Wouldn't one axis do the trick? rotate one direction to zoom in, and the other direction to zoom out? I've tried this on my joystick, a Cyborg Gold that has an axis called "U" with the command "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U=fov+" and it doesn't do anything, so obviously I'm not understanding how this works.
    In this case just one axis will not do the trick no because the axis I've used have a re-center position mechanism so that's why I have had to set the 2 axis ( Note that was just a sample, that's not a configuration that I use actually ).
    If you have troubles in let it work, copy and paste your ConfUser.ini file here and I'll edit it for you.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-16-2019 at 22:57.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I notice the same, example show that used rocker and throttle axis of TWCS - IMO too much axis expense for achieve the same operation than using keys/buttons.
    As said above that was just a sample, that's not the settings I am using

In addition take in mind that I use the double zoom in/out configuration ( Sample #1 ) due to the fact I fly mostly the Bf 110 ( so becomes very handy having the chance to have the zoom available to both hands usage, especially when manning and occupying the rear gunner position ).
    When I fly the Bf 109, for example, I use simply one key for zoom in and another to zoom out.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-16-2019 at 23:06.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I have the same negative result using VKB Gladiator throttle and twist axis, no practical resulting in game, tested by curiosity.
    Can you please report the relevant section of your ConfUser.ini file ( [HotKey viewSet] section )? ( Just curious to check if you edit it correctly )
    Just to be sure re-check also that the CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U is effectively the corrrect ID of the axis. If the axis is detected by the game correctly you should have two axis ID displayed for it ( something like CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U and CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+UZ ) depending on the direction of movement of the axis ( one for the up/down position or one for the right/left position depending on the axis movement of your throttle/twist ).
    It's just a guess but I presume that you inserted the axis ID when it was in the center position or not moved at all, that's probably why it didnt work. Try to, when setting up the axis of choise in the Options/Controls menu, to move it up and down ( or left/right ) and check if you get 2 different IDs depending on the movement done.

Sample

TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_RZ= The lever of my throttle pushed left

TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_Z= The lever of my throttle pushed right
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-16-2019 at 23:31.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    Can you please report the relevant section of your ConfUser.ini file ( [HotKey viewSet] section )? ( Just curious to check if you edit it correctly )
    The axis U are originally assigned for wheel brakes - is the twist axis of Gladiator, I just copy for "viewSet" and delete from "pilotMove".
    I try assign for fov- instead + and using throttle axis (Z). But for whatever reason don't work.

[HotKey viewSet]
    NumPad-3=fov30
    Z=Len
    X=Rotate
    Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
    R=fov-
    E=fov+
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_U=fov+
    C=fov30
    End=fov70
    PageDown=fov90
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+Key18=fov30
    Delete=fov30
    MouseMiddle=Rotate
    F10=StartStop
    MouseRight=Len
    NumPad*=FOV
    NumPad-5=Reset
    The axis appear in Controls > Camera.

If the axis is detected by the game correctly you should have two axis ID displayed for it ( something like CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U and CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+UZ ) depending on the direction of movement of the axis ( one for the up/down position or one for the right/left position depending on the axis movement of your throttle/twist ).
    It's just a guess but I presume that you inserted the axis ID when it was in the center position or not moved at all, that's probably why it didnt work. Try to, when setting up the axis of choise in the Options/Controls menu, to move it up and down ( or left/right ) and check if you get 2 different IDs depending on the movement done.
    Well, there no matter the direction that I move a axis (twist, throttle, X, Y) in Controls > Axes, the ID is the same.

[HotKey pilotMove]
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_Z=1throttle
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_Y=1elevator
    VKBsim_Tiny_BOX_-32457775+AXE_X=1rudder
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_X=1aileron
    _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_U=1brakes

If I tick "Reverse" box, for example for throttle, a - signal appear before the command name:

_VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_Z=-1throttle
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-17-2019 at 00:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

1Lokos I have given a quick glance at the file section that you reported and I've noted some editing errors/stuffs so that's probably the reason why it doesn't work. Now I have some stuffs to do so I have not the time to write the complete reply. I wil reply in detail this afternoon/evening

*Quick Note: Please check that the underscore present before your axis ID is present in your ConfUser file ( I mean the underscore highlighted here in bold red _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+Key18...I was expecting it without the underscore, or rather VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+Key18 )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-16-2019 at 23:51.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

In this case just one axis will not do the trick no because the axis I've used have a re-center position mechanism so that's why I have had to set the 2 axis
    Can try set the rocker ("Butterfly") axis for Zoom in and out creating two new virtual axis with the function "Split" of Joystick Gremlin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcCyq4aDpM8

So rocker for right - one axis = zoom in
    Rocker for left - other axis = zoom out

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Lokos I have given a quick glance at the file section that you reported and I've noted some editing errors/stuffs so that's probably the reason why it doesn't work.
    The only edit in [HotKey viewSet] section is the _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+AXE_U for fov+, and name is cut and past. The rest remain like the game set.

*Quick Note: Please check that the underscore present before your axis ID is present in your ConfUser file ( I mean the underscore highlighted here in bold red _VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+Key18...I was expecting it without the underscore, or rather VKB-Sim_Gladiator_-ABD81779+Key18 )
    The _VKB-Sim (underscoreVKB_Sim) is how VKB Gladiator axis (and buttons) is presented for the game.

Anyway I try with VKB T-Rudder axis that don't use underscore in name, is: VKBsim_Tiny_BOX_-32457775+AXE_X

So: VKBsim_Tiny_BOX_-32457775+AXE_X=fov+

And the result is the same, no "zoom" control.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-17-2019 at 00:42.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Just to be sure re-check also that the CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U is effectively the corrrect ID of the axis. If the axis is detected by the game correctly you should have two axis ID displayed for it ( something like CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U and CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+UZ ) depending on the direction of movement of the axis ( one for the up/down position or one for the right/left position depending on the axis movement of your throttle/twist ).

Sample

TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_RZ= The lever of my throttle pushed left

TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_Z= The lever of my throttle pushed right
    When in the game config, if I choose an axis and try to add that "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U", it reports the same, no matter which direction I move it:
    Launcher64_2019-09-17_11-08-24.png

These added commands don't appear to do anything:
    notepad_2019-09-17_11-11-58.png

I don't really understand your example above... Z and RZ are 2 different axes, not two different directions of the same axis. In a joystick controller you have X, Y, Z, rX, rY, rZ, Slider1, and Slider2 for a total of 8 axes.

***EDIT***

Looking at the config some more, it looks like the in-game wording on the axes is different than the confuser.ini wording. In game config calls it "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U", and confuser.ini calls it "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+AXE_U".
    Still playing around with it.
    Last edited by Kendy for the State; Sep-17-2019 at 11:39.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Also thought this would be cool, on my T16000M throttle, there is an unused wheel :>

Anyways, if the zoom was just a little slower.... its very very hard to regulate.

OH Before i forget it, increasing the FOV currently zooms in, it should zoom out tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Looking at the config some more, it looks like the in-game wording on the axes is different than the confuser.ini wording. In game config calls it "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+U", and confuser.ini calls it "CYBORG_3D_USB-A4C0F12D+AXE_U".
    Still playing around with it.
    Same here:

Is "AXE_X" in confUser.ini and "X Axis" for controls GUI.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-17-2019 at 13:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I'm arrived home right now and I've seen all the various questions and statements. Just give me the time of a shower and some time to write everything and I will reply in detail to everyone!

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Molders.

I know that add axis in .INI should work, in il-2:46 the trick was used for create fake "toe brakes".

Curious is why work for you (and Snapper) but not for us.

27. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

CORRIGENDUM

I've made a big mistake!
    I have confused ( for some unknown reasons lost in my rusty old brain ) how the ConfUser.ini file works in Blitz and BoS ( Where instead both axis directions/input are recognised by the game ).

The system of editing mentioned in my first post works but ONLY for Joystick and Throttle keys and NOT for axis because Blitz actually recognizes only one axis direction for most of the twist, levers, etc so due to this it's not possible to use the axis ( except the ones present when you select " Axis " tag-button in Options/Controls menu ) in place of a button/key.

The edit proposed in the sample #1 of my first remains somehow valid ( and fully working ) especially for pilots that flies the Bf 110 or multi crew aircraft to have the chance to have the zoom in/out function available on both hands or devices used.

Sorry again guys it was my complete fault!

( *Note: I have already made a request to change my drug pusher because clearly the current one is providing me bad quality stuff )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-17-2019 at 19:39.

My PC specs

29. Likes farley, Kendy for the State liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

CORRIGENDUM

I've made a big mistake!
    I have confused ( for some unknown reasons lost in my rusty old brain ) how the ConfUser.ini file works in Blitz and BoS ( Where instead both axis directions/input are recognised by the game ).

The system of editing mentioned in my first post works but ONLY for Joystick and Throttle keys and NOT for axis because Blitz actually recognizes only one axis direction for most of the twist, levers, etc so due to this it's not possible to use the axis ( except the ones present when you select " Axis " tag-button in Options/Controls menu ) in place of a button/key.

The edit proposed in the sample #1 of my first remains somehow valid ( and fully working ) especially for pilots that flies the Bf 110 or multi crew aircraft to have the chance to have the zoom in/out function available on both hands or devices used.

Sorry again guys it was my complete fault!

( *Note: I have already made a request to change my drug pusher because clearly the current one is providing me bad quality stuff )
    Maybe Team Fusion will take note of our concerns and add it to the wish list of future enhancements.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

31. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    612.65 MB

Workaround found!!!
    For VKB devices users at least)))
    MCG grip Gate Cont HAT has two axes. ## 5&6 by default.
    external.jpg
    VKBDevCfg.exe allows to control mouse axes by joystick ones. By buttons too, but we speak about axes. Zoom control by buttons is ordinary process))).
    mouseY.jpg
    Zoom can be controlled by mouse axis, but you must hold some key/button.
    Well. Enable A2B (axis to button) function. Break whole axis #5 range to 3 zones and assign them 3 buttons beginning from 5 (my example, any unused button sequence of 3))) middle button #6 setup as NoFunction.
    a2b.jpg
    Assign same keystrokes (z in my example) to ## 5&7.
    Z_key.jpg
    Volia.
    In game assign Hold to Adjust Field of View to z. When you press HAT mouse axis Y moves. Z key is pressed simultaneously. Zoom works.
    VKB controllers User Guide you can download here http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/controller211.pdf. Contains detailed description of mentioned functions.
    Try. Questions are welcome!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    Maybe impossible for the RAF teabags not for the Luftwaffe technical crews!

Easy to be done. Simply edit accordingly your ConfUser.ini file ( remember to make a backup of the original file first! ).

Every key/axis on your joystick/throttle have a specific ID number followed by the key\axis ID ( Sample based on my Thrustmaster joystick: TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key8, TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key7, TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_RZ, TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_Z ).

Go to game options/controls and make a note of the various ID numbers linked to each key/axis you are using. Once you know the ID number you can easily edit the ConfUser.ini file using Notepad accordingly to your preferences.

Sample ( Here I have assigned the zoom in/out function both to my mouse buttons ( used with the right hand ) and to two throttle keys ( used with the left hand thumb ). Highlighted in black are the keys\axes used in these samples:
    Code:
    [HotKey viewSet]
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key8=fov+
    Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+Key6=fov-
    MouseFour=Reset
    MouseMiddle=fov-
    MouseLeft=fov+
    Reference image about keys used in the sample above on mine Thrustmaster throttle and what you get in game menu Options/Controls/Camera ( Left-click the image to enlarge it )

* Ignore the " Field of view 30° " field, I've made an error while editing the image and I've included it in the sample red highlighted box

In the sample below instead I have edited the ConfUser.ini file in the same way but using joystick axis ( In this example the axis used is the " Butterfly " lever in front of my Thrustmaster throttle ):
    Code:
    [HotKey viewSet]
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_RZ=fov+
    Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
    TWCS_Throttle-1126EC41+AXE_Z=fov-
    MouseFour=Reset
    MouseMiddle=fov-
    MouseLeft=fov+
    Reference image about axis used in the sample above on mine Thrustmaster throttle ( Left-click the image to enlarge it )

*Final note: If you have a key/axis working in the game, it is forced to have an unique ID number assigned to it. If you know the ID number then you can edit any key/axis you want following your preferences.

IMPORTANT TIP:: Before making your modifications to the file keep in mind that some axis buttons\levers\pedals are equipped with a re-center position mechanism! A tipycal example about this, is assigning an axis equipped with a re-center position mechanism to the propeller pitch...until you will keep pressed the axis chosen all ok...but soon as you will stop applying pressure on it or when you will be " hands-off " from it, the selected axis, thanks to the re-center position mechanism, will return automatically to its middle position. In this example you will see your propeller pitch decreasing drammatically to about 5:30 o' clock position with the peril of damaging your aircraft's engine or, even worst, being caught in a danger situation with your engine almost out of power! So be careful in your axis choice!

I hope this is what you were searching for! See you in the skies!

Thankyou so much for sharing the details Mölders

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Hey everyone!

just checking - is the above still the best way to use an axis zoom? I have a slider on my WW f18 throttle that's perfect for it in DCS and BOS, but can't get it to work with Blitz...

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Some things have changed since this thread was written for an older version of the sim. For example, the control menu options are now called "zoom in" and "zoom out" instead of "field of view +" and "field of view -", and the internal view zoom and external view zoom are separated into two Control menus: View and Camera.

In general nothing is different, zooming in and out is still controlled by keystrokes in the sim, but of course you can program an axis to send keystrokes either in your hotas firmware or with external software.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

36. Likes hnbdgr liked this post