Thread: 4.56 problems

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

4.56 problems

OK...fired up cliffs last night, updated fine flew it for an hour and no problems, restarted PC a couple of hours later, started cliffs and a very small steam update appeared for about 5 secs, game started and then no mouse no info windows and some keybindings were screwed and could not reassign with keyboard ,key strokes were not recognized , after much screwing around I deleted Blitz and re-installed it from steam, now when I start the game a pop up box appears telling me "Steam must be running to play Cliffs of Dover please start Steam and retry" but Steam is already running ,Ive deleted Steam and re downloaded it but no difference I' ve also ran Cliffs from inside steam and same results, I think this must be a Steam issue now rather than Cliffs as the only other steam game BoS will only run offline, so basically has anyone any ideas?

Windows 7 64pro
    Intel i7 4790 @ 4.0Ghz
    gtx 970

Red
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: 4.56 problems

Hello Red

Yes, this is very likely a Steam issue... especially since you mention BoS does not run either.

You should have a look through your Steam config settings and see if anything is amiss there.

Regarding your controls, have a look at the stickies in this tech forum for problems and solutions:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-assistance/

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    OK...fired up cliffs last night, updated fine flew it for an hour and no problems, restarted PC a couple of hours later, started cliffs and a very small steam update appeared for about 5 secs, game started and then no mouse no info windows and some keybindings were screwed and could not reassign with keyboard ,key strokes were not recognized , after much screwing around I deleted Blitz and re-installed it from steam, now when I start the game a pop up box appears telling me "Steam must be running to play Cliffs of Dover please start Steam and retry" but Steam is already running ,Ive deleted Steam and re downloaded it but no difference I' ve also ran Cliffs from inside steam and same results, I think this must be a Steam issue now rather than Cliffs as the only other steam game BoS will only run offline, so basically has anyone any ideas?

Windows 7 64pro
    Intel i7 4790 @ 4.0Ghz
    gtx 970

Red
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Sep-15-2019 at 20:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Could you please report the path where you installed both the game and Steam? ( Sample: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz )
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    .... and no problems, restarted PC a couple of hours later, started cliffs and a very small steam update appeared for about 5 secs, game started and then no mouse no info windows and some keybindings were screwed and could not reassign with keyboard ,key strokes were not recognized ,
    This "5 secs" update sounds like STEAM Cloud "updating" your ConfUser.INI with old version stored in cloud, why after mouse, info window and keybindings are screwed...

5. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

Thanks for everyones help, problem solved, when I first re-installed Steam, I deleted everything in Steam folder apart from Steamapps and the launcher exe, and ran the launcher and it re- installed everything, but looking to re-install it right from the start, I went onto the Steam forum and it seems like Steam does not like the program Comodo anti virus and told users to uninstall it. Deleting Comodo solved the problem, funny been using it for several months and all was fine. Even went into Comodo when I had the problem and could not see it blocking anything, so thought it was alright.

Happy to be getting shot down again.

Red
    Target 4 'o' clock low

7. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post