Thread: Greetings

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Greetings

Hi,

My name is Martin and I live in Yorkshire, UK. I've just discovered Cliffs of Dover 'properly' having finally upgraded to a 1080ti and G-sync monitor. I must say the sim is fantastic, the work done by TF is transformational from my earlier experiences and is much appreciated!

I've been flying and modding IL2 1946 for many years, java-level for some changes and also sound files e.g. improved radio chatter, music and sound effects. My other passion is music/guitars and I have a small recording/mixing setup at home.

On my flying setup, I have a MS FFB2 which has a TM F16 grip and teensy board, several bodnar boards to give lots of dials and switches using xpadder, a heavily modded CH pro throttle, Saitek pedals and TrackIR.

I only play SP to date and mostly favour immersive campaigns. I've got some of the community campaigns installed and I'm really looking forward to starting those.

I have a few beginner questions and will post them elsewhere on the forum.

To sum up, I am excited to have re-discovered the sim in its current state and can see that further improvements and new theatres are on their way!

Thank you and hello to everyone!

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: Greetings

Welcome Martin.

Great to have you on board.

Sounds like you have a great setup going. Feel free to share any pics of you sim pit.

Lots happening on the update front for TFS 5.0, so make sure tou keep up to date.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Welcome Martin!

Good to have you up in the air, and sounds like you have a pretty good set up alright!
    Team Fusion have been doing a fantastic job already, and have a lot more to come as Pattle said!

Look forward to seeing you in the skies

4. Likes ATAG_Pattle, DRock, Marcost, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello Martin

Welcome to the ATAG forum and to Cliffs of Dover.

It is a great community, very friendly and there is always someone on hand to help and answer questions.

Apart from posting in this forum the best way to do this is get onto Team Speak (ATAG Channels) and ask
    in there.

Give MP a try it is great fun and you meet some great people.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Here's a pic of my setup. I've just got the sheet aluminium to harmonise the left hand side, it's been made up of bits added on as you can see!

20190916_175613.jpg

Best regards,

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hey...welcome, Martin! That's one heluva first post. Good man! I can see you are going to fit right (back) in here! It's great that you are appreciating all the fantastic work that TFS have completed so far! We ordinary bods, who can just about switch on a computer, are in total awe of what they continue to achieve and what is in the pipeline!

We have a lot in common since I have just finished teaching a rock guitar lesson for my sins. Like many other bods in our Community I play guitar and sing in a Band. I have heard a rumour that when TFS finish Patch 5 they are going to organise ATAGFEST and everybody in our Community is going to be invited to turn up at a secret venue (deserted WW11 Airfield in Lincolnshire?) (Or ATAG_Vampire's back garden?) and play and 'rock out' for the duration! Now that would be a Concert!

If you search the Forum you will find a number of threads where bods have discussed their favourite tracks/records/numbers/performances. Enjoy the Forum and good luck with Cliffs. I hope we get to 'wing up' together in the CLoD skies soon! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Thanks for the pic Martin.

That is one great effort there.

Cheers,

Pattle

9. Likes Marcost, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Hey...welcome, Martin! That's one heluva first post. Good man! I can see you are going to fit right (back) in here! It's great that you are appreciating all the fantastic work that TFS have completed so far! We ordinary bods, who can just about switch on a computer, are in total awe of what they continue to achieve and what is in the pipeline!

We have a lot in common since I have just finished teaching a rock guitar lesson for my sins. Like many other bods in our Community I play guitar and sing in a Band. I have heard a rumour that when TFS finish Patch 5 they are going to organise ATAGFEST and everybody in our Community is going to be invited to turn up at a secret venue (deserted WW11 Airfield in Lincolnshire?) (Or ATAG_Vampire's back garden?) and play and 'rock out' for the duration! Now that would be a Concert!

If you search the Forum you will find a number of threads where bods have discussed their favourite tracks/records/numbers/performances. Enjoy the Forum and good luck with Cliffs. I hope we get to 'wing up' together in the CLoD skies soon! Salute!
    Hi Marlow,

Thank you, sounds good! Especially the secret festival hehe

Best regards,

Martin

11. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post

What he said ….but he say's it more betterer than wot anyone else does .

Welcome aboard Martin . Good to have you with us and that's a great sim pit you've got going there . Looks like you're pretty keen I'd say .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

13. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Pattle, Marcost liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Thank you Knight, I do enjoy the crossover with electronics and programming so the pit has been an enjoyable built

I have a lot to learn on Cliffs!

Regards

M

15. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post