Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA users try these settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

NVIDIA users try these settings

Hi guys I have these setting now seem to make it much easier to spot LOD's and dots much better even against the ground. High end cards only.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...020#post496020

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/forum/m/3...ini-ui-ingames

if you get anomalies it's best to run the REDSIT folder aps, dotnetfx40 and direct x c.

NVIDIA 313.96 are running great do a clean install with a driver sweeper and run it a couple of times. I had a hell of a time getting nvidia driver cleaned out.

NVIDIA
    http://www.geforce.com/

driver sweeper
    http://treexy.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mastiff; Feb-03-2013 at 00:16.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Combat pilot 92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: NVIDIA users try these settings

Hey Mastiff,

As you know I have already done your Nvidia tweaks.

For those who are not sure, I can assure you that they work very well. I notice FPS improvement less 'jaggys" on cockpit shadows. Less micro pauses at low altitudes and most important spotting aircraft at range is significantly better!

Cheers Mastiff

Kiwi
    Who said Kiwi's can't fly?

Win7, 64bit Home Premium - Mobo: Gigabyte P37 X-UD3-B3 - Chipset: Intel i5-2500 CPU@3.30GHz - RAM: 8Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 - Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560ti 1Gb GDDR5/256bit - HD: Samsung SSD 840 Series 250Gb
    Monitor: Acer P246HL - TrackIR 5 - Logitech G940

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    425.74 MB

Hello and good evenning,

a NEW BETA Driver for Nvidia is out. He has the No. 313.96 beta. And than is there a nice BETAtool out named : NVIDIA Geforce Experience.

Have a nice night and flight aaannd great fight

Wolfskid

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What constitutes a 'high-end card'?

On a good day you can still hear the rumble of the Merlin flying overhead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    What constitutes a 'high-end card'?
    GTX570 and above..
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bugger. I'm obsolete. I knew it - my wife hints as much on a regular basis.

On a good day you can still hear the rumble of the Merlin flying overhead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    Bugger. I'm obsolete. I knew it - my wife hints as much on a regular basis.
    Hehe....you can still give Mastiff's settings a try. Just make note of your current settings if his don't work as you'd like. I've been using Mastiff's setting for almost a week and am sticking with them. The only change I made was setting Land Shading to high from low -- just my personal preference in the landscape rendering.

The biggest improvement on my PC is the silky-smooth frame rates when chasing/fleeing an opponent's aircraft low over a city.

I've been switching back and forth between native resolution (1920 x 1080 on my monitor) and lower res (1366 x 768) in terms of spotting distant aircraft. I give the nod to lower res for initial spotting since the pixels are larger and easier to spot. However, in actual dogfighting the native res is much better in maintaining visual acquisition of a boom & zooming gray 109. At lower res the LOD representations of aircraft are not well defined (shimmery) and tend to blend against terrain and ocean. At native res the opposing aircraft appear much sharper in shape and tend (for me) to be easier to spot their movement against the background. This is especially true if you have to take your eyes off your target momentarily, then reacquire. Plus, low res in this sim is, to me, so fugly.

Frame rates are not an issue with my system using Mastiff's recommended settings at either resolution. Thanks to Mastiff for sharing the fruits of his trials on this.

My system: i7 920 2.67 mhz 12 Gig DDR3 RAM GTX 680 2 Gig Asus 1 ms 27" monitor Win 7 64 bit TrackIR 5 TM Warthog HOTAS CH Quadrant Saitek Combat Pro Pedals

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member CptJackSparrow's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

In his settings, he has this:

MeshShowLod=1

Mine is at 0. I tried it and lost 20fps. What does that line actually do when set to 1? I really did not see any difference graphically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CptJackSparrow View Post
    In his settings, he has this:

MeshShowLod=1

Mine is at 0. I tried it and lost 20fps. What does that line actually do when set to 1? I really did not see any difference graphically.
    As I understand it, this parameter when activated prevents an oncoming or departing aircraft from seeming to disappear momentarily as it transitions from pixel/LOD/pixel -- very disconcerting in a dogfight. On your system the fps loss is probably due to the extra video processing load on your GPU when this is activated.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Turned it up to 32xCSAA wow! not one flicker from LOD's at distance!

using 313.96 working great!
    Last edited by Mastiff; Feb-01-2013 at 11:22.
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    Turned it up to 32xCSAA wow! not one flicker from LOD's at distance!

using 313.96 working great!
    Gonna have to try this!

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I've just started running your Driver setting son my GTX-670 Card Mastiff. Thanks.
    I get the impression that the running is smoother. The pre-rendering of frames seems to help reduce stutter.

There is only one draw-back I can identify. It seems that the contrast between the dots and the background has reduced slightly. I'm not sure what is doing this. I suspect it might be the result of the CSAA, which I have set to 16 (previously I had this turned off).

I'm going to try turning it off to see if the sharp contrast I was getting returns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for posting your tweaks Mastiff. Is there any chance you could put your conf file here. I am not signed up on 1c and have no desire to do so.

Cheers!

DK
    ---o-0-o---

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

here ya go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

here ya go
    Thank you,

D
    ---o-0-o---

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Thanks ...
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi guys I have these setting now seem to make it much easier to spot LOD's and dots much better even against the ground. High end cards only.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...020#post496020

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/forum/m/3...ini-ui-ingames

if you get anomalies it's best to run the REDSIT folder aps, dotnetfx40 and direct x c.
    Hi there, I can acces this pictures neither on the banana forum nor "aceshigh". (not a member on both)

Could you please post them visible on this thread?

thx anyway for the information

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Fried300 View Post
    Hi there, I can acces this pictures neither on the banana forum nor "aceshigh". (not a member on both)

Could you please post them visible on this thread?

thx anyway for the information
    clod12713.jpgnvidia310702.jpgnvidia310703.jpg

Et voila.
    Credit to Mastiff
    So, this is France.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by MadMacs View Post
    thanks bro, I updated the OP.
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ok guys I started using 1080p HD and boy what a difference it makes. but seems to be better for high end displays as well I'm getting good enough frames, targets you can see them really far off now about 12 miles. but waiting on a 120hz to come in on Friday and we'll see how much a difference it makes. right now I'm at 35 to 45 in HD.

going to try override AA also. instead of enhance.
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

no difference in AA for forced, enhanced seems to be a better choice.
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ok guys I started using 1080p HD and boy what a difference it makes. but seems to be better for high end displays as well I'm getting good enough frames, targets you can see them really far off now about 12 miles. but waiting on a 120hz to come in on Friday and we'll see how much a difference it makes. right now I'm at 35 to 45 in HD.

going to try override AA also. instead of enhance.
    Hi Mastiff,

Again a thanks for this thread. What do you mean you started using 1080p HD? You are using a large screen tv as a monitor and if so instead of what size? I would imagine that it would be easier to see dots on a large tv and with an HD tv in 1080p you could still have good quality graphics.

I am using most of your settings with good results. I have not figured out the LOD stuff yet, which file and all that and I can't get the cloud pop up sorted. I kinda wish ATAG server would run with the clouds off since they are unrealistic poping up and allowing dots/targets to be seen through them.

Cheers,

DK
    ---o-0-o---

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MadMacs View Post
    I've adopted these settings and it runs very well on my system. The only change I made was changing Land Shading from Low to High -- just a personal preference in how the landscape renders. As Mastiff warned me, contacts below you are a little more difficult to spot from high up against the terrain, but I find still "spot-able". I run the game at 1920 x 1080, but at 120 Hz.

For awhile I was using these settings, but at lower res (1366 x 768, 120 Hz). Distant contacts were easier to spot, but the overall game was ugly. At native 1920 x 1080 res the distant contacts are not as noticeable, but I find they still show at the same distance as at lower res.

A major plus for me is that Mastiff's settings greatly reduce the annoying shimmer in the game, especially distant terrain. Most importantly, in dogfights the enemy's aircraft remains sharply defined at native res, which I find invaluable in reacquiring visual on a maneuvering aircraft when you momentarily look away to clear your six or check temps. Chasing an enemy aircraft low over a town is easier in that there is virtually no stuttering and the sharply-defined aircraft does not mesh into the buildings like they seem to do when everything seems shimmery and stuttery.

My system: I have a decent video card and amount of RAM (needed for video editing), but overall my PC is long in the tooth. Nonetheless, my framerates hold very well between 30 min and 60 max (adaptive V-Sync).

i7 920 @ 2.67 mhz, 12 Gigs DDR3, onboard Realtek crap audiocard, Sennheisser phones/mic, Jambox vibrator, Nvidia GTX 680 2 Gig, Win 7 64-bit, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals, Kenmore mini-fridge 12 btle cap., American Std 6 LPF commode on-the-ready

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Kenmore mini-fridge 12 btle cap.,

That will be your bottle neck...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Koala63 View Post
    Kenmore mini-fridge 12 btle cap.,

That will be your bottle neck...
    Haha - must get bigger fridge

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

[QUOTE=Mastiff;28929]Hi guys I have these setting now seem to make it much easier to spot LOD's and dots much better even against the ground. High end cards only.

Hi Mastiff,

Thanks for sharing these settings.

I notice you have 'enhance the application setting' for anti-alaising but you have AA set to off in game. I believe you need to set AA to at least 1 or 2 in game for your enhanced AA to work? You might not notice this when you toggle SMAA because you have FXAA injected.

Do you see a difference with/without the enhanced AA? I suspect it is turning off the AA in game that helps with spotting contacts (and reducing the shimmering) but I find it difficult to tell what setting is best.

I must spend more time trying to make the game look its best than I do playing it, its like a mini-game all of its own but a frustrating and confusing one!

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    As I understand it, this parameter when activated prevents an oncoming or departing aircraft from seeming to disappear momentarily as it transitions from pixel/LOD/pixel -- very disconcerting in a dogfight. On your system the fps loss is probably due to the extra video processing load on your GPU when this is activated.
    Which conf file should be changed? I thought I had read in the past that there is more than one and a particular one has to be changed for the effect to be seen. Also, some time ago some said they used MeshShowLOD=8. I wonder what this does.

Thanks
    ---o-0-o---

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Which conf file should be changed? I thought I had read in the past that there is more than one and a particular one has to be changed for the effect to be seen. Also, some time ago some said they used MeshShowLOD=8. I wonder what this does.

Thanks
    The only file ini that is changed is the one in your user 1C softClub folder\

C:\Users\user(*name*)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

making any changes to the one in your main game folder, is only over written by the one in the 1C SoftClub folder.

changing the to meshshowlod=8 will only cause you some anomalies.
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Okay, thanks M.
    ---o-0-o---

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the tweaks Mastiff. Big difference for me but now SweetFx will not work? (Hangs up the launch). Truth be told, Sweet FX only seems to work when it wants on my rig. On the off occasion that it is working, and I'm happy, the next time I launch, I get the windows looing for a solution to why it won't launch on the next try. If I have to choose one or the other, I'm staying with Mastiff's tweaks. Thanks to Muffin for talking me through it while in a mission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast