Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

update 4.56 makes my game crash

EDIT: Title should be 4.56! Sorry for the typo

Hello I have a problem! Cannot play the game since update unfortunately.

The game was updated the 13th and when I tried to play the game on saterday (14th) it kept crashing to desktop as soon as I tried to select an airfield to spawn at. It happens every time. Trying to change the resolution or changing the game to windowed mode also crashes the game (and trying to change config files to windowed or other resolution doesn't seem to do anything). I was able to launch an airspawned single player mission though.

The error code in the dump file: 0xC000001D
    Exception information: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
    This page didn't alow me to upload the full file here.

I have tried the following things:
    -Resetting clockspeeds for cpu and gpu
    -Verify integrity of game files in steam (Have done this multiple times and sometimes it finds 1 file that it needs to reaquire)
    -Checkdisk didn't find anything wrong with the drive
    -Being very, very, very patient before clicking the airfield (Never really works does it?)
    -Multiple reboots
    -Antivirus and firewall disabled
    -Closing msi afterburner before running the game
    -Ran ccleaner a few times to clean up the registry because I hadn't done that in a while and that never hurts
    -reinstalled the game

My pc:
    6600k @4.5 ghz (the new found stable clock for this game because il2 wouldn't run stable at 4.6 for some reason)
    Msi R9 390 8gb
    Msi z170a pc mate motherboard
    corsair rm750i psu
    Overkill cooling things

Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Last edited by kaper; Sep-16-2019 at 13:51.

2. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: update 4.54 makes my game crash

Hello Kaper

With your system you should easily be able to play the game.

I assume you are playing online... because you mention clicking on an airfield.

Have you tried to play the game in Single Player?

It is strange you need to re-acquire a file after verifying multiple times.

My suggestion is you uninstall the game completely, and then re-install.

Save your config files so you don't have to go through the config again.

You mention changing clockspeeds... I assume you are overclocking your cpu and gpu... this is not necessary to run CoD Blitz... your system can handle it easily.

Try selecting default clockspeeds and other settings with your cpu/gpu.

And of course, check your Anti Virus program to make sure it is not shutting down the game when you try to fly. Often the AV after an update will not register the game as the same as previously and will reject it. If you uninstall and reinstall, it will then recognize it.

Finally, have a look through the list of pinned topics here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-assistance/

Quote Originally Posted by kaper View Post
    EDIT: Title should be 4.56! Sorry for the typo

Hello I have a problem! Cannot play the game since update unfortunately.

The game was updated the 13th and when I tried to play the game on saterday (14th) it kept crashing to desktop as soon as I tried to select an airfield to spawn at. It happens every time. Trying to change the resolution or changing the game to windowed mode also crashes the game (and trying to change config files to windowed or other resolution doesn't seem to do anything). I was able to launch an airspawned single player mission though.

The error code in the dump file: 0xC000001D
    Exception information: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
    This page didn't alow me to upload the full file here.

I have tried the following things:
    -Resetting clockspeeds for cpu and gpu
    -Verify integrity of game files in steam (Have done this multiple times and sometimes it finds 1 file that it needs to reaquire)
    -Checkdisk didn't find anything wrong with the drive
    -Being very, very, very patient before clicking the airfield (Never really works does it?)
    -Multiple reboots
    -Antivirus and firewall disabled
    -Closing msi afterburner before running the game
    -Ran ccleaner a few times to clean up the registry because I hadn't done that in a while and that never hurts
    -reinstalled the game

My pc:
    6600k @4.5 ghz (the new found stable clock for this game because il2 wouldn't run stable at 4.6 for some reason)
    Msi R9 390 8gb
    Msi z170a pc mate motherboard
    corsair rm750i psu
    Overkill cooling things

Any ideas what could be causing this?

4. Likes kaper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

Hi Buzzsaw, thankyou for your quick reply! I'll list my replies to your questions:

"I assume you are playing online... because you mention clicking on an airfield."
    -Yes, I am playing online. I usually play twc campain server. (I have tried other servers and they crash in the same way.)

"Have you tried to play the game in Single Player? "
    -I have been able to start an airspawn single player mission, yes.

"It is strange you need to re-acquire a file after verifying multiple times."
    -My thoughts exactly.

"My suggestion is you uninstall the game completely, and then re-install."
    -I tried that but I tried it again just now and it didn't solve anything.

"You mention changing clockspeeds... I assume you are overclocking your cpu and gpu... this is not necessary to run CoD Blitz... your system can handle it easily.
    Try selecting default clockspeeds and other settings with your cpu/gpu."
    -Correct I oc. This caused crashes earlier so this is one of the first things I thought could be the cause. It wasn't though because resetting clocks to default doesn't change the symptoms.

"And of course, check your Anti Virus program to make sure it is not shutting down the game when you try to fly. Often the AV after an update will not register the game as the same as previously and will reject it. If you uninstall and reinstall, it will then recognize it."
    -I tried to run the game with AV and firewall turned off. This also didn't change the behaviour. The AV and firewall also don't have anything new in the loggs. No blocked or quarantined things. This also wouldn't explain the crash while changing the resolution or video mode.

There are two options:
    1. I am missing something here. Wouldn't be the first time. Although I have tried everything that you mentioned and that I could think of.
    2. Something in the update combined with my specific machine did a funny. Usually it isn't the case but it is always nice to be able to blame someone else.

I really hope you or someone else has further ideas in troubleshooting this issue because I am starting to get ground sicknes.

EDIT: just some more error information from event viewer
    Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d76b7f9
    Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.18362.329, time stamp: 0x1ac9a115
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000acd21
    Faulting process ID: 0x1550
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d56d39af91a1a9
    Faulting application path: F:\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    Report ID: 99febe8c-9ada-4b9e-91b8-d66149c09777
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Problem signature:
    P1: Launcher64.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.0
    P3: 5d76b7f9
    P4: d3d9.dll <--This one is strange because other people don't seem to use this dll. They have d3d10 or some 11 or something.
    P5: 10.0.18362.329
    P6: 1ac9a115
    P7: c000001d
    P8: 00000000000acd21
    P9:
    P10:
    Last edited by kaper; Sep-17-2019 at 07:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

hop on the discord Kaper lets get this fixed <S>
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

7. Likes kaper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

seems to be a GUI problem tried everything I know game loads but will crash on interface tried audio (turn off music) clicked apply music stopped then it jumps to options with out pressing Back then it crashes to desktop.
    tried unplugging peripherals no change.

just some more error information from event viewer
    Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d76b7f9
    Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.18362.329, time stamp: 0x1ac9a115
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000acd21
    Faulting process ID: 0x1550
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d56d39af91a1a9
    Faulting application path: F:\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    Report ID: 99febe8c-9ada-4b9e-91b8-d66149c09777
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

9. Likes kaper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

d3d9.dll is DirectX 9 Runtime environment

Cliffs of Dover uses Direct X 11, so you should have DirectX 11 installed

run dxdiag.exe from the command prompt.

Check the necessary x64, Direct X 11 files, e.g. "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3dx11_43.dll"

Look for, and run ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe

11. Likes kaper liked this post