Thread: White Cliffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

White Cliffs

Remember a topic about flying over there and encountered the same thing today
    Thank you COD for learning me to navigate from 6000 meters. And thank you for almost getting charged for terrorism.
    We flew from Alicante and after a couple of hours we went “wet” and I told my wife we left landfall probably in Holland after a little while she asked me
    Why we get over land again. I looked out the window and said before thinking That is Hastings
    Over there are the white cliffs and I told here what we flew over until we left England. I believed we would fly east of England.
    She asked me how I could know all this and I answered. I have navigated over here for many years. And probably bombed every inch of that area. Suddenly people stopped talking and a very silent atmosphere surrounding us.
    I said a bit to loud and a pitch higher than usually “ in a simulator. In a simulator”

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: White Cliffs

I've experienced something similar a couple of times flying in from Canada to Gatwick. The flight path follows the South Coast and through the starboard window, clear as it is in Cliffs is Bembridge Airfield on the Isle Of Wight. Only thing missing - I'm glad to say - is the ominous wall of flak thrown up by the 'occupying forces'. I've lost so many Blenheims there.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: White Cliffs

I did this on a flight from Schiphol to Gatwick a couple of years ago.

Plane came in over Ramsagate and headed along the coast (feet dry) down to just past Newhaven and then up to Gatwick.

a guy behind me said to his two chums oh... i think that is Dungeoness.

And before I knew what i was doing I had said... no it isnt !.. that's Ramsgate !

Dungeoness is over there...

then I talked them along the coast, and soon enough spotted Shoreham.. where I said we will take a right turn in a minute north up to Gatwick.

which happend just as I finished speaking

one of them said... are you a pilot?

and i replied (with a lot of totally undeserved pride): Yes. Yes I am!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey