Thread: "This is the tower"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

"This is the tower"

In 4.56 - Single Player

◦ A bug in the airfield tower communications (tower's "clear to land" order) has been fixed and AI aircraft now correctly land at airfields when landing waypoint is specified by mission builder
    When you use TAB > 7 > 2 asking for clearance to landing , see this on screen "Landing_Permited" and hear nothing.

But should see a more elaborated text without underline between words, and hear hear "This is ...blablabla", just like when use TAB > 7 > 2 the answer in text and sound is:
    "This is Homeplate, Vector XYZ. Good luck.", see both answer together:

In Speech folder, are several small files with <5kb, like "Landing_Permited" that are blank (when open in Audacity), IMHO they are just a kind of "index" for a phase created with different sounds (of Speech folder), like the TAB > 7 > 2 answer, that use four different sound files:

This is Homeplate
    Vector
    XYZ (HDG, eg. 240)
    Good luck

Seems that for "Landing_Permited" and "Landing_Denied" (originally answered inverted*) the "index" don't locate the respective sounds, another example is "Start_Pursuit".

OK, as "workaround" I mix some files from Speech for TAB > 7 > 5 and TAB > 7> 6.

Placing the attached files in Speech folder \gb\Actor1 and \gb\Actor 2 will hear, for TAB > 7 > 5:

"This is the Tower. You are cleared for landing. Watch for cross traffic."

And for TAB > 7 > 6

This is the tower. You are cleared for take-off".

But unfortunately will see "Takeoff_Denied" (the "index) on screen, because 4.56 don't address take off, just landing.

Single player should notice that CloD is not DCS World - you can't tune you radio in different airfields and ask for landing there.
    in CloD the only tower that you can make contact is the airfield defined by mission maker as home base.
    In the map in above picture you are tasked for landing in Ford, if want landing in Shoreham the tower answer is from Ford.

Actor1&2.zip

The sound files is only for GB folder, no clue what they say in DE folder.

* In the rare occasion in what a AI plane crash on runway, if you ask permission for takeoff the answer is "Takeoff_Permited", in a obvious condition of runway blocked.
    or like in this picture, I takeoff but have set a Blenheim for landing in runway, so the red landing boards are placed and I can't landing there. After Blenheim stop their engines is authorized.

bb uploads
    Landing denied correctly show.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-18-2019 at 23:26.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: "This is the tower"

Hello, your comment is very well explained, the shared files are very useful, your help is appreciated
    Todo es posible al volar
    Incluso usar baixar reels para viajar

3. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

First off, many thanks to TF for fixing this SP bugbear of mine since I first played CLOD.

Second, 1lokos, many thanks for the amended sound files. Working great.

I am guessing we could rename some of the myriad of other sound files to get a workaround for other missing voice index.

I may have a play.

Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

The Landing Permitted is also given when other aircraft is landing. It seems that the text Denied is replaced by Permitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Excellent work as always!
    Many thanks!
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    It seems that the text Denied is replaced by Permitted.
    Yes, this have been the case with "landing" and "take-off" since game release, they are answered inverted.

I figure this (in 4.312) when coming to landing ask permission for land (habit force) and surprisingly was permitted - because are a Blenheim taking off in that moment, see their dust, or runway are not clear:

"Takeoff" was not addressed in 4.56.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-30-2019 at 18:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Yes, this have been the case with "landing" and "take-off" since game release, they are answered inverted.
    I figure this (in 4.312) when coming to landing ask permission for land (habit force) and surprisingly was permitted - because are a Blenheim taking off in that moment, see their dust, or runway are not clear:
    "Takeoff" was not addressed in 4.56.
    In 4.56 if you ask landing clearance, it is always permitted, no matter if other a/c is landing or not. Before 4.56 it was always denied no matter what situation. In 4.56 and before there was no voice from tower as you already mentioned.
    But good thing is that if you have permission, other a/c are told to wait.
    Last edited by Bussard; Oct-01-2019 at 01:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    In 4.56 if you ask landing clearance, it is always permitted, no matter if other a/c is landing or not.
    Not always. There I set a Blenheim to landing, with low fuel so he are not able to taxi of runway. Then just before he touch down I ask permission to land and are - correctly, denied:

https://i.postimg.cc/cLVBh0Fw/landing-denied.jpg

I have meet this rare condition in other occasions too. But again, is very rare to happens.

One thing that could by improved is if Tower only answer request when player plane are inside base capture radius (that is defined by mission maker) - meaning that player are in tower visual, actually you can ask and receive permission from any point of map, what make no sense.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-01-2019 at 10:08.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.19 GB

This is terrific stuff. Thanks.

However I don't understand exactly where to put the two speeches.
    Do they both go in Actor 1?
    Or in Actor 2?
    Or in both files. .?
    Seabro

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ; 3.67GHz Intel Core i5-760 CPU @ 3.80GHz; ASUS Prime Z270-P; Fractal Water Cooled Case. 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz; Acer H241SL 1920x1080 [Monitor]; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070; Direct X 12 Version (10.00.19041.2075 64-bit Unicode); Track IR5; Thrustmaster T1600m; CH Throttle Quadrant; Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle + TFRP Rudder Pedals; Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB for O.S. + ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB HDD for Flight Programs & Add-ons

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Put in \gb\actor1 and \gb\actor2.

I think one are fighter pilot voice and the other bomber pilot voice.

12. Likes seabro liked this post