Thread: TWC Campaign Server - Some career thoughts

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Attn: TWC_Fatal - TWC Campaign Server - Some career thoughts

This is in NO way a reflection on the current campaign set up, merely a 'wish list' of mine. Depending upon the responses/feedback I'm wondering if its something that could be incorporated into the campaign.

Again, this is just what I like (I understand the majority rules).

First, once you sign up for a side (either red or blue) you are stuck on that side. This means HALF the aircraft available in this great sim are not available. Can it be made possible to fly a career for one side and after that career ends fly for the other? It has been said in the past that this isn't possible because some players would then bounce back and forth between the two and 'gather intel' on the other side but does this really happen and do enough people really care that much that this restriction is necessary? Just wondering as I'd love to switch back and forth and fly ALL sides and the aircraft they offer.

Secondly, after you choose a side and start a career you are again limited in what aircraft you can fly. For example you have to start with a Hurricane and work your way up to improved versions of other aircraft. Is it possible to allow players availability to ALL types of aircraft on their side? Then once you choose an aircraft that is your aircraft for the length of that specific career.

That's it really, just some changes that would make the already enjoyable server more enjoyable for me. With the very limited number of players still flying CLOD online and the ATAG server almost always empty the TWC server offers so much more in the way of AI flights to fight and engage. The above is just what I would hope for.
    Last edited by SamJoDo; Oct-02-2019 at 11:31.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: TWC Campaign Server - Some career thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SamJoDo View Post
    This is in NO way a reflection on the current campaign set up, merely a 'wish list' of mine. Depending upon the responses/feedback I'm wondering if its something that could be incorporated into the campaign.

Secondly, after you choose a side and start a career you are again limited in what aircraft you can fly. For example you have to start with a Hurricane and work your way up to improved versions of other aircraft. Is it possible to allow players availability to ALL types of aircraft on their side? Then once you choose an aircraft that is your aircraft for the length of that specific career.
    I think the reason for this is that if all aircraft are available, you'll get people grabbing the best plane there is, getting shot down, grabbing that same plane again, getting shot down, etc. ad infinitum until all those aircraft are depleted. There are not unlimited 109E-4N available, and once they are gone they are gone. Limiting your planeset makes most people a bit more cautious about getting shot down, because once you are in a better plane you want to stay there. I like the limitations, bcause it means that once I get a few kills I'm almost certain there will be E-4s available.

The only complaint I have with the map (aside from the horrendous amount of flak at some targets) is the fact that when I am en-route to a bombing target I'll pass some kind of trigger point and AI fighters will spawn in almost directly above me. I think the spawn point should be at least 20 KM from the trigger point so I can decide if I want to dump my ordnance and engage or try to evade once I see them on radar.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

3. Likes TWC_Padre liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Re: TWC Campaign Server - Some career thoughts

I'd like to see more bombers. I'm usually flying solo ... I'm no ace by any stretch of the imagination, but taking on 4 or 6 109's or 110's is simply suicide. I've flown these maps for hours, and at various entry points, and have only on rare occasions encountered bombers. And when I encounter fighters, they're usually swarmed in groups of 4 to 10 ... occasionally I encounter a group of 2.

5. Likes DerDa liked this post