Thread: GameLaunce/play issues

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

GameLaunce/play issues

Hello have the latest Clod Blitz installed..worked fine till about a month ago..dont think I changed anything..when I go to load..it will load..then play..then screen goes blank..and keep getting kicked back to restart screen, then restart and kicked up/freeze..anyone else having issues? Only new things have been win 10pro updates and nvidia geforce updates, thanks! Ohh by the way, this was in the quick mission area.
    Last edited by priller26; Sep-22-2019 at 22:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: GameLaunce/play issues

Once you upgraded the game to patch 4.56.0 did you delete the cache folder in Documents before starting the game?
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Hello, and thanks so much, looks like I was totally unaware there was an update, and the game is updated but I did NOT delete the cache folder, I will do it now and report back~ thanks so much
    Last edited by priller26; Sep-23-2019 at 16:29.

4. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Deleted cache folder, did nothing..game stil goes to black screen after I click "fly" in a single player quick mission..I will reinstall entire game...UPDATE Reinstalled game.....went to video settings..it had defaulted to Anti Epilepsy settings.reconfigured..flys again..thank god..sorry for over reacting
    Last edited by priller26; Sep-23-2019 at 18:04.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

I'm no expert but I had a lot of black screen issues for a while and changing my video settings from Full Screen to Pseudo cleared up every one of them. Give that a whirl.

7. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteven View Post
    I'm no expert but I had a lot of black screen issues for a while and changing my video settings from Full Screen to Pseudo cleared up every one of them. Give that a whirl.
    Agreed, just remember that, every time you will bring some modifications to the video options before starting the game delete the cache folder so to avoid possible problems.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

9. Likes priller26 liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteven View Post

Thanks I will give it a try..this is a FIRST for me re black screen. Reset video options..it defaulted to medium with Anti epilepsy settings...reset, corrected problem, sorry for over reacting.

i7 8700k
    32gigs ram
    geforce 1080ti SC
    Asus 2k monitor..
    all the extra bells and whistles
    Last edited by priller26; Sep-23-2019 at 18:05.

11. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

I am having a similar issue as well. Essentially when I 'create' on a multiplayer server--or when clicking 'Fly' on a QMB mission--the game begins to load and will either:

1. Progress to a black screen
    2. Load properly (unlikely)

The issue can be resolved by alt tabbing; which seems to allow the game to load fully. Once this has been completed, the game will load properly in subsequent attempts. I have deleted cache and am now running Pseudo. I alt tab quite a lot, so will stick with this anyway. Nvidia control panel is at default after a fresh GPU driver install; only global setting changed was the prefer max performance option.

This is not a huge problem, but any tips would be appreciated.

Running res of 1920*1080 by 144Hz btw.

Cheers,

Digby

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.615_Digby View Post
    I alt tab quite a lot
    Try using, instead of ALT+TAB, when you are in the game the WINDOW KEY+D to quickly switch between game and desktop...More quicker and to return to the game you need to simply re-click on the game icon on your task bar once you are in the desktop screen ( and you will have access to the desktop as per normal using this keys combination )

My PC specs

14. Likes No.615_Digby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Thanks for the tip Molders

After some extensive testing, the problem seems to lie with my 4790K's overclock. I spent a good deal of time finding a stable manual overclock yesterday--which passed IBT at maximum on several passes--however, the issue still persists! Interestingly, if I load optimised defaults in the BIOS--letting the CPU use turbo mode--the problem disappears! No matter what clock setting I use, no matter the voltage used, I cannot eliminate this issue manually! The only solution seems to be letting the CPU manage itself.

The following settings are what I have changed in BIOS... (if I need to mess around with other stuff let me know):

1. Enabled XMP. XMP does not effect the black screen when running Turbo; so I have left it on as a control variable. (2400 MHz @1.65V)

2. Set core ratio to sync all cores

3. Multiplier 44 (tried to underclock to 40 with really economic voltages as well to no effect)

4. Cache ratio 39 (tried as little as 35 too, same result)

5. Vcore 1.15 V (tried up to 1.31V, same result)

6. Cache Voltage (Vring) 1.15V (tried buffing up to 1.28V)

7. Initial Input Voltage (CPU voltage/VRIN) 1.70V (have also tried buffing to 1.90V)

Anyone still running an overclocked Haswell on here? or even later gen overclocked Intel chips? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Digby
    Last edited by No.615_Digby; Sep-29-2019 at 09:49.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Thanks for the tip Molders

After some extensive testing, the problem seems to lie with my 4790K's overclock. I spent a good deal of time finding a stable manual overclock yesterday--which passed IBT at maximum on several passes--however, the issue still persists! Interestingly, if I load optimised defaults in the BIOS--letting the CPU use turbo mode--the problem disappears! No matter what clock setting I use, no matter the voltage used, I cannot eliminate this issue manually! The only solution seems to be letting the CPU manage itself.

The following settings are what I have changed in BIOS... (if I need to mess around with other stuff let me know):

1. Enabled XMP. XMP does not effect the black screen when running Turbo; so I have left it on as a control variable. (2400 MHz @1.65V)

2. Set core ratio to sync all cores

3. Multiplier 44 (tried to underclock to 40 with really economic voltages as well to no effect)

4. Cache ratio 39 (tried as little as 35 too, same result)

5. Vcore 1.15 V (tried up to 1.31V, same result)

6. Cache Voltage (Vring) 1.15V (tried buffing up to 1.28V)

7. Initial Input Voltage (CPU voltage/VRIN) 1.70V (have also tried buffing to 1.90V)

Anyone still running an overclocked Haswell on here? or even later gen overclocked Intel chips? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Digby

4930k here

Check if RAM is ok, use stock RAM clocks first and see if you're stable.
    Also check if your case and motherboard gets enough fresh air. (VRM)
    Reset all voltages to stock first.
    Higher voltages can also harm performance.

For OC CPU
    Use LLC High or Higher.
    Offset + 0.10V to 0.40V Vcore is usually ok.
    Start with LLC, then try offset +0.10V.

Using extreme LLC can do harmful voltage spikes and also extreme voltages under load.
    Check your actual voltage under load (Youtub video etc) with CPU-Z.

17. Likes No.615_Digby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    4930k here

Check if RAM is ok, use stock RAM clocks first and see if you're stable.
    Also check if your case and motherboard gets enough fresh air. (VRM)
    Reset all voltages to stock first.
    Higher voltages can also harm performance.

For OC CPU
    Use LLC High or Higher.
    Offset + 0.10V to 0.40V Vcore is usually ok.
    Start with LLC, then try offset +0.10V.

Using extreme LLC can do harmful voltage spikes and also extreme voltages under load.
    Check your actual voltage under load (Youtub video etc) with CPU-Z.
    Hi Tubsun!

When I first discovered that the problem could be solved by running optimised defaults (letting the CPU automatically OC itself up to 4.4 GHz), I initially tested stock RAM speeds of 1333 MHz. Further to this, I tested optimised defaults with XMP enabled (RAM OC to 2400 MHz) which worked just fine. Therefore, I am fairly certain that the RAM itself is not the culprit. As for airflow, I recently completely removed everything from my case and cleaned all of the dust out; using compressed air on each component. In addition, I replaced my CPU cooler with a NH-D15S (with the additional 140mm fan too). So I am fairly confident that temperatures/airflow are not an issue either--according to HWINFO64 the VRM is currently sat at 40C idle with a board temp of 29C.

I must admit, the one thing I did not really mess around with was LLC. Am I correct in assuming that this is essentially used to add more volts under load, if your CPU suffers Vdroop?

On my asus board, LLC comes in several levels 1 through 7, or something like that. So if I test out the settings that I found to be stable . . . (Mult 44, Vcore 1.15V, Cache Ratio 39, Cache Voltage 1.15V and VIRN 1.90V) . . . and add in a bit of LLC (I think the lowest level adds the least voltage?) I might gain stability in Cliffs at this OC?

Furthermore, when you say offset voltage, I assume that you are talking about Vcore and Vring/Cache Voltage? Isn't the offset used in conjunction with turbo mode/C states to save power at idle--ie you set Vcore to adaptive and specify an offset for how many additional volts it can add under load?

Sorry, lots of questions , but best to learn properly I guess!

Digby

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Hi Tubsun!

When I first discovered that the problem could be solved by running optimised defaults (letting the CPU automatically OC itself up to 4.4 GHz), I initially tested stock RAM speeds of 1333 MHz. Further to this, I tested optimised defaults with XMP enabled (RAM OC to 2400 MHz) which worked just fine. Therefore, I am fairly certain that the RAM itself is not the culprit. As for airflow, I recently completely removed everything from my case and cleaned all of the dust out; using compressed air on each component. In addition, I replaced my CPU cooler with a NH-D15S (with the additional 140mm fan too). So I am fairly confident that temperatures/airflow are not an issue either--according to HWINFO64 the VRM is currently sat at 40C idle with a board temp of 29C.
    Don't use AUTO OC, it uses way to much voltage than necessary. And adds alot of unecessary heat on CPU and VRM which causes instability.
    XMP is usually very fine.
    RAM is very timing and frequency sensitive, if you changed anything in timings or frequency afterwards, set XMP profile again to reset these.
    CPU settings might change also with XMP profile. Better check which settings have changed (turbo, intel speedstep).

I must admit, the one thing I did not really mess around with was LLC. Am I correct in assuming that this is essentially used to add more volts under load, if your CPU suffers Vdroop?
    Yes

On my asus board, LLC comes in several levels 1 through 7, or something like that. So if I test out the settings that I found to be stable . . . (Mult 44, Vcore 1.15V, Cache Ratio 39, Cache Voltage 1.15V and VIRN 1.90V) . . . and add in a bit of LLC (I think the lowest level adds the least voltage?) I might gain stability in Cliffs at this OC?
    I never experienced black outs as for the game itself during CPU instablity, but windows popping up with error messages in realationship to RAM (error messages showing numbers like 0x0000000)
    I have no experience in Ring and Cache voltage, I don't have them available or those are different names, but I think you shouldn't mess with them
    I have no number on my bios for LLC, but you're right.
    I'd set it between 3 and 5 and that's probably very fine. If you really want to know the Vdroop, turn off Intel Speedstep and use CPU-Z, then turn on some load. (Prim95 etc)
    I'd suggest to turn back on Intel Speedstep if done testing, also for a hell lot less heat=stability

Furthermore, when you say offset voltage, I assume that you are talking about Vcore and Vring/Cache Voltage? Isn't the offset used in conjunction with turbo mode/C states to save power at idle--ie you set Vcore to adaptive and specify an offset for how many additional volts it can add under load?

As said, no Idea about cache and ring, I would not mess around with cache and ring voltages. Better keep them stock.
    I talk about Vcore, yes you're right, the CPU requests certain voltage (in HWINFO - VIN voltage), with offset you're able to put some voltage on top of it (actual Voltage).
    On my bios you can set "Auto" or "manual" to "offset".
    After that your manual voltage change to a offset voltage.
    Check the right prefix of offset plus/minus (+/-)
    Last edited by Tibsun; Sep-29-2019 at 11:55.